FoodBanter.com

-   -   Embrochette IS a word for a dish, ASSHOLES (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/175900-embrochette-word-dish-assholes.html)

cybercat 21-08-2009 07:49 PM

Embrochette IS a word for a dish, ASSHOLES

http://www.foodclassics.com/re3487/recipes.php

Google "embrochette recipes." There are plenty more. Here's to following
Goomba's petty, anal lead.

Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig 21-08-2009 10:49 PM

On Aug 21, 1:49*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> http://www.foodclassics.com/re3487/recipes.php
>
> Google "embrochette recipes." There are plenty more. Here's to following
> Goomba's petty, anal lead.

======================

I don't care how many damn hits you got. It's not a word.
Embrouillier IS a word.
A verb: to tangle up; to embroil; to mix up; to confuse
Larousse's French/English - English/ French Dictionary

Lynn in Fargo

cybercat 21-08-2009 11:00 PM

======================

This is AmurriKKKa, woeman. And I was talking about a ****ing DISH, which
others call by this name, according to 16,000 ****ing web pages.

cybercat 21-08-2009 11:07 PM

======================

>I don't care how many damn hits you got. It's not a word.
>Embrouillier IS a word.
>A verb: to tangle up; to embroil; to mix up; to confuse
>Larousse's French/English - English/ French Dictionary

This was a cajun restaurant in Houston TX. You are not the only silly bitch
to take French, you are just the only one silly enough to think it matters
here.

Another recipe:

http://www.thenibble.com/reviews/MAI...e-recipes6.asp

Chemiker 22-08-2009 12:13 AM

Embrochette IS a word for a dish, ASSHOLES

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig
> wrote:

>On Aug 21, 1:49*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> http://www.foodclassics.com/re3487/recipes.php
>>
>> Google "embrochette recipes." There are plenty more. Here's to following
>> Goomba's petty, anal lead.

>======================
>

>I don't care how many damn hits you got. It's not a word.
>Embrouillier IS a word.
>A verb: to tangle up; to embroil; to mix up; to confuse
>Larousse's French/English - English/ French Dictionary

Um, Lynn....

In this part of the country, Cajun, "embrochette" is a
word. It is a dialectical variant of "en brochette",
of which term I think you are already acquainted.

Cajun french is different from Continental French,
so much so, that in LA you can buy dictionaries
which detail the etymology of Cajun words. I'm
not talking touristy paperbacks, here. I'm talking
Hardbound books 2-3 inches thick....scholarly
works.

One who visited here from the Continent would be
totally amazed at, what they would call, the
*******ization of the French language. Yet the
(shall I call it a) dialect is intelligible to
people all through Louisiana and East texas.

HTH

Alex, who notes that the Czech spoken in Texas
differs from that spoken by people in the CZ
republic. What do you think LaRousse would have
to say about Appalachian (Scots-Irish) terms
for foods?

cybercat 22-08-2009 01:23 AM

"Chemiker" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig
> > wrote:
>
>>On Aug 21, 1:49 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>>> http://www.foodclassics.com/re3487/recipes.php
>>>
>>> Google "embrochette recipes." There are plenty more. Here's to following
>>> Goomba's petty, anal lead.

>>======================
>>

>>I don't care how many damn hits you got. It's not a word.
>>Embrouillier IS a word.
>>A verb: to tangle up; to embroil; to mix up; to confuse
>>Larousse's French/English - English/ French Dictionary

> Um, Lynn....
>
> In this part of the country, Cajun, "embrochette" is a
> word. It is a dialectical variant of "en brochette",
> of which term I think you are already acquainted.
>
> Cajun french is different from Continental French,
> so much so, that in LA you can buy dictionaries
> which detail the etymology of Cajun words. I'm
> not talking touristy paperbacks, here. I'm talking
> Hardbound books 2-3 inches thick....scholarly
> works.
>
> One who visited here from the Continent would be
> totally amazed at, what they would call, the
> *******ization of the French language. Yet the
> (shall I call it a) dialect is intelligible to
> people all through Louisiana and East texas.
>
> HTH
>
> Alex, who notes that the Czech spoken in Texas
> differs from that spoken by people in the CZ
> republic. What do you think LaRousse would have
> to say about Appalachian (Scots-Irish) terms
> for foods?

You are so sane, so calm. I could learn from you. But, hell, we both know I
won't. :)

Chemiker 22-08-2009 01:37 AM

Embrochette IS a word for a dish, ASSHOLES

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:49:42 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>http://www.foodclassics.com/re3487/recipes.php
>
>Google "embrochette recipes." There are plenty more. Here's to following
>Goomba's petty, anal lead.

Apropros similar dishes with different names, and vice versa.

Going to make a faux Becsi Szelet. I'm using pork loin,
side of broccoli with Sauce Mueniere. Potato.

For those of you in Rio Linda, think WienerSchnitzel.

Alex, going to look for an egg....

Melba's Jammin' 22-08-2009 02:00 AM

Embrochette IS a word for a dish, ASSHOLES

In article >,
"cybercat" > wrote:

> http://www.foodclassics.com/re3487/recipes.php
>
> Google "embrochette recipes." There are plenty more.

That doesn't make it right.

> Here's to following Goomba's petty, anal lead.

I think it's wrong. Google "en brochette recipes" and you'll get
652,000 hits. "Embrochette recipes" gets 16,800.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - Yes, I Can! blog - check it out

cybercat 22-08-2009 02:04 AM

Embrochette IS a word for a dish, ASSHOLES

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote

>> Here's to following Goomba's petty, anal lead.

> I think it's wrong. Google "en brochette recipes" and you'll get
> 652,000 hits. "Embrochette recipes" gets 16,800.

Sigh. You missed the point. That was the name of the dish on the menu. I
don't give a Prize Winning White Rat's ass about the rest. Got it?

projectile vomit chick[_2_] 22-08-2009 02:33 AM

Embrochette IS a word for a dish, ASSHOLES

On Aug 21, 1:49*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> http://www.foodclassics.com/re3487/recipes.php
>
> Google "embrochette recipes." There are plenty more. Here's to following
> Goomba's petty, anal lead.

Wow, look who discovered a search engine. What's next, clean undies?
Rock on, beeeeeyotch.

projectile vomit chick[_2_] 22-08-2009 02:34 AM

On Aug 21, 5:00*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig" > wrote in ...
> On Aug 21, 1:49 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:>http://www.foodclassics.com/re3487/recipes.php
>
> > Google "embrochette recipes." There are plenty more. Here's to following
> > Goomba's petty, anal lead.

> ======================
>
> >I don't care how many damn hits you got. *It's not a word.
> >Embrouillier IS a word.
> >A verb: to tangle up; *to embroil; *to mix up; to confuse
> >Larousse's * French/English - English/ French *Dictionary

> This is AmurriKKKa, woeman. And I was talking about a ****ing DISH, which
> others call by this name, according to 16,000 ****ing web pages.

Wow, try sobering up before posting.

pavane[_3_] 22-08-2009 03:10 AM

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
| In article >,
| "cybercat" > wrote:
|
| > http://www.foodclassics.com/re3487/recipes.php
| >
| > Google "embrochette recipes." There are plenty more.
|
| That doesn't make it right.
|
| > Here's to following Goomba's petty, anal lead.
|
| I think it's wrong. Google "en brochette recipes" and you'll get
| 652,000 hits. "Embrochette recipes" gets 16,800.

That is interesting. So given that major restaurants, websites, name
chefs and the cooking traditions of arguably the best food city in
the country recognize "embrochette" as a valid term, please tell us
how many hits are necessary, in your opinion, to have it acceptable
to you? Not 16,800, obviously. Maybe 25,000? Or 50,000? And why
would anyone else care, given so many hits and such obvious acceptance?
Is there any reason that anyone should give a damn?

pavane

Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig 22-08-2009 03:49 AM

On Aug 21, 6:13*pm, Chemiker > wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig
>
> > wrote:
> >On Aug 21, 1:49*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> >>http://www.foodclassics.com/re3487/recipes.php

> >> Google "embrochette recipes." There are plenty more. Here's to following
> >> Goomba's petty, anal lead.

> >======================

> >I don't care how many damn hits you got. *It's not a word.
> >Embrouillier IS a word.
> >A verb: to tangle up; *to embroil; *to mix up; to confuse
> >Larousse's * French/English - English/ French *Dictionary

> Um, Lynn....
>
> In this part of the country, Cajun, "embrochette" is a
> word. It is a dialectical variant of "en brochette",
> of which term I think you are already acquainted.
>
> Cajun french is different from Continental French,
> so much so, that in LA you can buy dictionaries
> which detail the etymology of Cajun words. I'm
> not talking touristy paperbacks, here. I'm talking
> Hardbound books 2-3 inches thick....scholarly
> works.
>
> One who visited here from the Continent would be
> totally amazed at, what they would call, the
> *******ization of the French language. Yet the
> (shall I call it a) dialect is intelligible to
> people all through Louisiana and East texas.

=======================================

Mais oui! Like French-Canadian. See also Creole and the many Pidgin
dialects. As many here would say, "Mo hottah, mo bettah!" - used to
be the name of a catalog company that sold hot sauces from everywhere.

Pardonnez moi,
Lynn en Fargo

Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig 22-08-2009 03:51 AM

Embrochette IS a word for a dish, ASSHOLES

On Aug 21, 9:49*pm, Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig >
wrote:
> On Aug 21, 6:13*pm, Chemiker > wrote:
>

> > On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig

> > > wrote:

> > >======================

> > >I don't care how many damn hits you got. *It's not a word.
> > >Embrouillier IS a word.
> > >A verb: to tangle up; *to embroil; *to mix up; to confuse
> > >Larousse's * French/English - English/ French *Dictionary

> > Um, Lynn....

> > In this part of the country, Cajun, "embrochette" is a
> > word. It is a dialectical variant of "en brochette",
> > of which term I think you are already acquainted.

> > Cajun french is different from Continental French,
> > so much so, that in LA you can buy dictionaries
> > which detail the etymology of Cajun words. I'm
> > not talking touristy paperbacks, here. I'm talking
> > Hardbound books 2-3 inches thick....scholarly
> > works.

> > One who visited here from the Continent would be
> > totally amazed at, what they would call, the
> > *******ization of the French language. Yet the
> > (shall I call it a) dialect is intelligible to
> > people all through Louisiana and East texas.

> =======================================
>
> Mais oui! *Like French-Canadian. *See also Creole and the many Pidgin
> dialects. *As many here would say, "Mo hottah, mo bettah!" - used to
> be the name of a catalog company that sold hot sauces from everywhere.
>
> Pardonnez moi,
> Lynn en Fargo

I forgot: "Shrimp Scampi" bet you could get 16,000 hits on that and
it's wrong too!
Lynn

cybercat 22-08-2009 04:00 AM

wrote:
> On Aug 21, 6:13 pm, Chemiker > wrote:
>

> > On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig

> > > wrote:

> > >======================

> > >I don't care how many damn hits you got. It's not a word.
> > >Embrouillier IS a word.
> > >A verb: to tangle up; to embroil; to mix up; to confuse
> > >Larousse's French/English - English/ French Dictionary

> > Um, Lynn....

> > In this part of the country, Cajun, "embrochette" is a
> > word. It is a dialectical variant of "en brochette",
> > of which term I think you are already acquainted.

> > Cajun french is different from Continental French,
> > so much so, that in LA you can buy dictionaries
> > which detail the etymology of Cajun words. I'm
> > not talking touristy paperbacks, here. I'm talking
> > Hardbound books 2-3 inches thick....scholarly
> > works.

> > One who visited here from the Continent would be
> > totally amazed at, what they would call, the
> > *******ization of the French language. Yet the
> > (shall I call it a) dialect is intelligible to
> > people all through Louisiana and East texas.

> =======================================
>
> Mais oui! Like French-Canadian. See also Creole and the many Pidgin
> dialects. As many here would say, "Mo hottah, mo bettah!" - used to
> be the name of a catalog company that sold hot sauces from everywhere.
>
> Pardonnez moi,
> Lynn en Fargo

>I forgot: "Shrimp Scampi" bet you could get 16,000 hits on that and
>it's wrong too!

There you go!

Bob Terwilliger[_1_] 22-08-2009 04:06 AM

Embrochette IS a word for a dish, ASSHOLES

PVC replied to cyber****:

>>> Google "embrochette recipes." There are plenty more. Here's to following
>>> Goomba's petty, anal lead.

>> ======================
>>
>>> I don't care how many damn hits you got. It's not a word.
>>> Embrouillier IS a word.
>>> A verb: to tangle up; to embroil; to mix up; to confuse
>>> Larousse's French/English - English/ French Dictionary

>> This is AmurriKKKa, woeman. And I was talking about a ****ing DISH, which
>> others call by this name, according to 16,000 ****ing web pages.

> Wow, try sobering up before posting.

English is not cyber****'s strong suit. Apparently it believes that the
presence of web hits is sufficient to validate any word. Let me just see
he

"where u at" comes up with "about 303,000" Google hits.
"Duram, NC" returns "about 13,200" Google hits
"cyber****" returns "about 78,500" Google hits

No, I don't think Google can be used as a reference work like that!

In the case of "embrochette," I thought it might be some kind of Cajun
patois word, but all research along those lines came up empty. It's entirely
possible that some restaurant manager made up the word on his own. "Shit
fire, that's gonna sell, 'cause it's *FRENCHIFIED*!" It's pretty handy to
make up words like that, because you can cook any shit you like and give it
that made-up name.

Bob

nospam[_4_] 22-08-2009 06:20 AM

projectile vomit **** wrote:

> Wow, try sobering up before posting.

Try coming down off of crack before you post.

cyberpurrs 22-08-2009 06:21 AM

"nospam" > wrote in message
> projectile vomit **** wrote:
>
>> Wow, try sobering up before posting.

> Try coming down off of crack before you post.

She's not bright enough to be a crack head.

Olga's School For Girls 22-08-2009 04:41 PM

cybercat wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote
>>
>>> Here's to following Goomba's petty, anal lead.

>> I think it's wrong. Google "en brochette recipes" and you'll get
>> 652,000 hits. "Embrochette recipes" gets 16,800.

> Sigh. You missed the point. That was the name of the dish on the
> menu. I don't give a Prize Winning White Rat's ass about the rest.
> Got it?

Jeez, cyberkittie...cool off...should I put some dry ice on yer nipples or
something...???

;-P

--
Best
Greg Morrow

Dan Abel 22-08-2009 07:50 PM

Embrochette IS a word for a dish, ASSHOLES

In article
>,
Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig > wrote:

> I forgot: "Shrimp Scampi" bet you could get 16,000 hits on that and
> it's wrong too!

Nope. 437,000.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Dan Abel 22-08-2009 08:02 PM

"pavane" > wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> | In article >,
> | "cybercat" > wrote:
> |
> | > http://www.foodclassics.com/re3487/recipes.php
> | >
> | > Google "embrochette recipes." There are plenty more.
> |
> | That doesn't make it right.
> |
> | > Here's to following Goomba's petty, anal lead.
> |
> | I think it's wrong. Google "en brochette recipes" and you'll get
> | 652,000 hits. "Embrochette recipes" gets 16,800.
>
> That is interesting. So given that major restaurants, websites, name
> chefs and the cooking traditions of arguably the best food city in
> the country recognize "embrochette" as a valid term, please tell us
> how many hits are necessary, in your opinion, to have it acceptable
> to you? Not 16,800, obviously. Maybe 25,000? Or 50,000? And why
> would anyone else care, given so many hits and such obvious acceptance?
> Is there any reason that anyone should give a damn?

Yeah. Maybe if they can't spell, they can't cook either? Not always
true, but when I don't spell it correctly, and I get 16,800 hits, I'm
suspicious. Then I look at the recipes. Many are just garbage.

There's a recent poster on this group who boasts about how many recipes
he has. He posts them sometimes. He hasn't tried them. Some don't
look too good.

Perhaps "embrochette" is a real deal, in a limited way, in some limited
locale. But cybercat doesn't have a good reputation on this group for
having good information about food. I'm not even going to check it out.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

cybercat 22-08-2009 09:12 PM

"Dan Abel" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "pavane" > wrote:
>
>> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message

>> | That doesn't make it right.

>> | I think it's wrong. Google "en brochette recipes" and you'll get
>> | 652,000 hits. "Embrochette recipes" gets 16,800.
>>
>> That is interesting. So given that major restaurants, websites, name
>> chefs and the cooking traditions of arguably the best food city in
>> the country recognize "embrochette" as a valid term, please tell us
>> how many hits are necessary, in your opinion, to have it acceptable
>> to you? Not 16,800, obviously. Maybe 25,000? Or 50,000? And why
>> would anyone else care, given so many hits and such obvious acceptance?
>> Is there any reason that anyone should give a damn?

> Yeah. Maybe if they can't spell, they can't cook either? Not always
> true, but when I don't spell it correctly, and I get 16,800 hits, I'm
> suspicious. Then I look at the recipes. Many are just garbage.
>
> There's a recent poster on this group who boasts about how many recipes
> he has. He posts them sometimes. He hasn't tried them. Some don't
> look too good.
>
> Perhaps "embrochette" is a real deal, in a limited way, in some limited
> locale. But cybercat doesn't have a good reputation on this group for
> having good information about food. I'm not even going to check it out.

Well now that was just mean. But then, you are a half-witted old ****head
with serious arterial flow problems, so I'll let you live out your miserable
little greasy life.

cybercat 22-08-2009 09:13 PM

"Dan Abel" > wrote in message
> In article
> >,
> Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig > wrote:
>

>> I forgot: "Shrimp Scampi" bet you could get 16,000 hits on that and
>> it's wrong too!

> Nope. 437,000.

Aww, it can read. Here's to cognitive therapy.