Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default boiled potatoes in slow cooker?

Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes

INGREDIENTS
2 pounds red potatoes, diced with peel
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup butter
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup milk, or as needed

DIRECTIONS
Place the potatoes, water, and butter into a slow cooker. Season with salt,
garlic powder, and pepper. Cover, and cook on Low for 7 hours, or High for 4
hours.
Mash potatoes with a masher or electric beater, adding the desired amount of
milk to achieve a creamy consistency. Keep warm on low until serving.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Co...es/Detail.aspx

"Dan Goodman" > wrote in message
ouse.com...
>I want to boil potatoes in a slow cooker. Googling for recipes turns
> up: 1) Recipes for stuff which can be served with boiled potatoes
> 2) Recipes for dishes which _include_ boiled potatoes -- and it seems
> at least half of them say to boil the potatoes and then add them.
>
> --
> Dan Goodman
> "You, each of you, have some special wild cards. Play with them.
> Find out what makes you different and better. Because it is there,
> if only you can find it." Vernor Vinge, _Rainbows End_
> Journal http://dsgood.livejournal.com
> Futures http://dangoodman.livejournal.com
> mirror: http://dsgood.insanejoural.com
> Links http://del.icio.us/dsgood

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine wrote:

> Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes
>
> INGREDIENTS
> 2 pounds red potatoes, diced with peel
> 1/4 cup water
> 1/4 cup butter
> 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
> 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
> 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
> 1/2 cup milk, or as needed
>
> DIRECTIONS
> Place the potatoes, water, and butter into a slow cooker. Season with
> salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Cover, and cook on Low for 7 hours,
> or High for 4 hours. Mash potatoes with a masher or electric beater,
> adding the desired amount of milk to achieve a creamy consistency.
> Keep warm on low until serving.
>
> http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Co...otatoes/Detail
> .aspx

Thanks!