General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #41 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5,103
Default boiled potatoes in slow cooker?

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>
>> "Dan Goodman" > wrote in message
>>
>> ouse.com...
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> > JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

>>
>> >> "Dan Goodman" > wrote in message
>> phouse.com...
>> >> > I want to boil potatoes in a slow cooker. Googling for recipes
>> >> > turns up: 1) Recipes for stuff which can be served with boiled
>> >> > potatoes 2) Recipes for dishes which include boiled potatoes -- and
>> >> > it seems at least half of them say to boil the potatoes and then
>> >> > add them. Dan Goodman

>>
>> >> Why do you want to boil potatoes in a slow cooker? What is the source
>> >> of this idea?

>>
>> > I really don't see why that matters.
>> > Dan Goodman

>>
>> It matters because a slow cooker is harder to clean than a simple pot
>> with a
>> lid.

>
>
> Nonsense, my slow cooker is a snap to clean, I wish my other pots 'n
> pans were as easy to clean...
> Greg


Does yours have an insert that can be removed for cleaning? If yes, what's
the insert made of?


  #42 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 138
Default boiled potatoes in slow cooker?

"cybercat" > wrote in :

>
> "Dan Goodman" > wrote in message
> ouse.com...
>>I want to boil potatoes in a slow cooker. Googling for recipes turns

>
> How would you bring anything in a slow cooker to a boil?
>
>


http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fact_Sheets...afety/index.as
p

I notice that when my slow cooker is on HIGH, the liquid is bubbling.

--

Charles
The significant problems we face cannot be solved
at the same level of thinking we were at when we
created them. Albert Einstein

  #43 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 138
Default boiled potatoes in slow cooker?

"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in
:

> "Dan Goodman" > wrote in message
> ouse.com...
>> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>>
>>> "Dan Goodman" > wrote in message
>>> ouse.com...
>>> > I want to boil potatoes in a slow cooker. Googling for recipes
>>> > turns up: 1) Recipes for stuff which can be served with boiled
>>> > potatoes 2) Recipes for dishes which include boiled potatoes --
>>> > and it seems at least half of them say to boil the potatoes and
>>> > then add them. Dan Goodman
>>>
>>>
>>> Why do you want to boil potatoes in a slow cooker? What is the
>>> source of this idea?

>>
>> I really don't see why that matters.
>> Dan Goodman

>
>
> It matters because a slow cooker is harder to clean than a simple pot
> with a lid. Unless you do not have a stove on which you can heat a
> pot, there is no sane reason to use a slow cooker to boil potatoes.


Other than using it with a timer so you come home to boiled potatoes (or
nearly boiled potatoes).



--

Charles
The significant problems we face cannot be solved
at the same level of thinking we were at when we
created them. Albert Einstein

  #44 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5,103
Default boiled potatoes in slow cooker?

"Charles Quinn" > wrote in message
. 3.70...
> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in
> :
>
>> "Dan Goodman" > wrote in message
>> ouse.com...
>>> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>>>
>>>> "Dan Goodman" > wrote in message
>>>> ouse.com...
>>>> > I want to boil potatoes in a slow cooker. Googling for recipes
>>>> > turns up: 1) Recipes for stuff which can be served with boiled
>>>> > potatoes 2) Recipes for dishes which include boiled potatoes --
>>>> > and it seems at least half of them say to boil the potatoes and
>>>> > then add them. Dan Goodman
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Why do you want to boil potatoes in a slow cooker? What is the
>>>> source of this idea?
>>>
>>> I really don't see why that matters.
>>> Dan Goodman

>>
>>
>> It matters because a slow cooker is harder to clean than a simple pot
>> with a lid. Unless you do not have a stove on which you can heat a
>> pot, there is no sane reason to use a slow cooker to boil potatoes.

>
> Other than using it with a timer so you come home to boiled potatoes (or
> nearly boiled potatoes).
> Charles



Give me a break...
What about the rest of the dinner?


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
slow cooker/pressure cooker? Difference? Janet Bostwick General Cooking 42 19-09-2012 12:14 AM
Slow Cooker - Pot within the Pot Geoff Lane General Cooking 18 17-06-2012 01:38 PM
want pot roast recipe for this rice cooker/slow cooker Manda Ruby General Cooking 0 02-01-2011 07:26 PM
Slow cooker vs pressure cooker? [email protected] Cooking Equipment 14 14-02-2008 10:42 PM
Slow-Cooker Scalloped Potatoes and Ham Jenn Bartimus Recipes (moderated) 0 22-08-2006 03:26 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"