Old 30-07-2007, 12:46 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Danny Kaye Changed Family Life By Cooking

Sorry, but I'm easily amused. I was looking through an Architectural
Digest from November of 2001 and found a rather fun article written by
Danny's daughter Dena. She said their life changed when he started
cooking. He started by cooking Christmas breakfast and ended up
building a whole kitchen devoted to Chinese fair. His parties went
from black tie to no tie. They abandoned the old kitchen and dining
room and ate in the new chinese kitchen. Danny's wife (Silvia)
called the "real" dining room "a vestigial remnant circa B.C., Before
Chinese." It was a fun read.

Here's a picture of the kitchen. 3 WOKS!!!! I would love to play in
it.

http://i15.tinypic.com/4veyeq0.jpg

Lou

Old 30-07-2007, 04:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:
Sorry, but I'm easily amused. I was looking through an Architectural
Digest from November of 2001 and found a rather fun article written by
Danny's daughter Dena. She said their life changed when he started
cooking. He started by cooking Christmas breakfast and ended up
building a whole kitchen devoted to Chinese fair. His parties went
from black tie to no tie. They abandoned the old kitchen and dining
room and ate in the new chinese kitchen. Danny's wife (Silvia)
called the "real" dining room "a vestigial remnant circa B.C., Before
Chinese." It was a fun read.

Here's a picture of the kitchen. 3 WOKS!!!! I would love to play in
it.

http://i15.tinypic.com/4veyeq0.jpg

And just a kid from Brooklyn.

BTW, it's "Chinese fare," not "fair."
Old 30-07-2007, 04:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lou Decruss" wrote

Sorry, but I'm easily amused. I was looking through an Architectural
Digest from November of 2001 and found a rather fun article written by
Danny's daughter Dena.

Oh, I hope your dental work went smoothly!

nancy

Old 30-07-2007, 06:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" wrote in message

"Lou Decruss" wrote

Sorry, but I'm easily amused. I was looking through an Architectural
Digest from November of 2001 and found a rather fun article written by
Danny's daughter Dena.

Oh, I hope your dental work went smoothly!

nancy

Good one, Nancy! ;-)

Old 30-07-2007, 07:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
bob bob is offline

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 23:49:16 -0400, "Nancy Young"
magnanimously proffered:

"Lou Decruss" wrote

Sorry, but I'm easily amused. I was looking through an Architectural
Digest from November of 2001 and found a rather fun article written by
Danny's daughter Dena.

Oh, I hope your dental work went smoothly!

nancy

LOL. My dentist's magazine selection is mostly pre-Paris Hilton
women's magazines.

--

una cerveza mas por favor ...

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: http://www.surfwriter.net

Old 30-07-2007, 12:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"bob" wrote

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 23:49:16 -0400, "Nancy Young"
magnanimously proffered:

"Lou Decruss" wrote

Sorry, but I'm easily amused. I was looking through an Architectural
Digest from November of 2001 and found a rather fun article written by
Danny's daughter Dena.

Oh, I hope your dental work went smoothly!

LOL. My dentist's magazine selection is mostly pre-Paris Hilton
women's magazines.

(laugh) Luckily my dentist keeps a good selection of magazines,
and he also doesn't make you wait more than 5 minutes, maybe 10.
If he's running late his receptionist will call you.

nancy

Old 30-07-2007, 01:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 30, 7:45 am, "Nancy Young" wrote:

(laugh) Luckily my dentist keeps a good selection of magazines,
and he also doesn't make you wait more than 5 minutes, maybe 10.
If he's running late his receptionist will call you.

Ah, she knows the drill! g

Leo

Old 30-07-2007, 02:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"bob" wrote in message

nancy

LOL. My dentist's magazine selection is mostly pre-Paris Hilton
women's magazines.

I've often wondered if magazine companies supply dental and doctors' offices
with these for free, the reason they always have them.
Dee Dee

Old 30-07-2007, 05:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 30, 8:59 am, "Dee Dee" wrote:
"bob" wrote in message

nancy

LOL. My dentist's magazine selection is mostly pre-Paris Hilton
women's magazines.

I've often wondered if magazine companies supply dental and doctors' offices
with these for free, the reason they always have them.
Dee Dee

Not free, but there are special professional rates for offices -
that's how I get my Time. It's about half the regular subscription
price - but I have to have it delivered at the office.

N.

Old 31-07-2007, 12:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 23:49:16 -0400, "Nancy Young"
wrote:

"Lou Decruss" wrote

Sorry, but I'm easily amused. I was looking through an Architectural
Digest from November of 2001 and found a rather fun article written by
Danny's daughter Dena.

Oh, I hope your dental work went smoothly!

LOL. We moved 2 1/2 weeks ago and we're still unpacking boxes. It's
worse than the dentist. sigh I found some old magazines and
thumbed through them before I tossed them out.

Lou

Old 31-07-2007, 12:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 21:38:16 -0600, Pennyaline
wrote:

Lou Decruss wrote:
Sorry, but I'm easily amused. I was looking through an Architectural
Digest from November of 2001 and found a rather fun article written by
Danny's daughter Dena. She said their life changed when he started
cooking. He started by cooking Christmas breakfast and ended up
building a whole kitchen devoted to Chinese fair. His parties went
from black tie to no tie. They abandoned the old kitchen and dining
room and ate in the new chinese kitchen. Danny's wife (Silvia)
called the "real" dining room "a vestigial remnant circa B.C., Before
Chinese." It was a fun read.

Here's a picture of the kitchen. 3 WOKS!!!! I would love to play in
it.

http://i15.tinypic.com/4veyeq0.jpg

And just a kid from Brooklyn.

BTW, it's "Chinese fare," not "fair."

I'm lucky I can spell my own name.

Luo
Old 31-07-2007, 12:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:13:20 -0700, Nancy2
wrote:

I've often wondered if magazine companies supply dental and doctors' offices
with these for free, the reason they always have them.
Dee Dee

Not free, but there are special professional rates for offices -
that's how I get my Time. It's about half the regular subscription
price - but I have to have it delivered at the office.

I have a friend who has a hair salon. She doesn't even have to order
them. They just send them. free.

Lou

Old 31-07-2007, 01:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lou Decruss" wrote

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 23:49:16 -0400, "Nancy Young"
wrote:

"Lou Decruss" wrote

Sorry, but I'm easily amused. I was looking through an Architectural
Digest from November of 2001 and found a rather fun article written by
Danny's daughter Dena.

Oh, I hope your dental work went smoothly!

LOL. We moved 2 1/2 weeks ago and we're still unpacking boxes. It's
worse than the dentist. sigh I found some old magazines and
thumbed through them before I tossed them out.

Heh, aren't you glad you took the effort to move them? I have toyed
with the idea of moving and looked around thinking, what would I
bring? because I have a lot of stuff I would not bother taking.

I hope you are enjoying your new place.

nancy

Old 31-07-2007, 03:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote in message
"Lou Decruss" wrote
On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 23:49:16 -0400, "Nancy Young"
wrote:
"Lou Decruss" wrote

Sorry, but I'm easily amused. I was looking through
an Architectural Digest from November of 2001
and found a rather fun article written by Danny's
daughter Dena.

Oh, I hope your dental work went smoothly!

LOL. We moved 2 1/2 weeks ago and we're still
unpacking boxes. It's worse than the dentist. sigh
I found some old magazines and thumbed through
them before I tossed them out.

Heh, aren't you glad you took the effort to move them?
I have toyed with the idea of moving and looked around
thinking, what would I bring? because I have a lot of stuff
I would not bother taking.

Remodel. It's loads cheaper and you'll enjoy similar benefits
(packing up and making decisions on what goes and what moves with
you) without the heartburn of dealing with a moving company. You
can put the wad o' cash saved in remodeling towards the Survival
Party.

The Ranger
---
"This is the LAST time I am going to pack and unpack boxes! I'm
never doing this again..."
--SWMBO, 02/18/00, upon putting the last
dish from the last box in our new cupboards

Old 31-07-2007, 03:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"The Ranger" wrote

Nancy Young wrote

Heh, aren't you glad you took the effort to move them?
I have toyed with the idea of moving and looked around
thinking, what would I bring? because I have a lot of stuff
I would not bother taking.

Remodel. It's loads cheaper and you'll enjoy similar benefits (packing up
and making decisions on what goes and what moves with you) without the
heartburn of dealing with a moving company. You can put the wad o' cash
saved in remodeling towards the Survival Party.

I hear ya, and it's really astonishing to me when I drive around my
neighborhood to see how many people have massively remodelled if not
totally replaced their house. The land is definitely where the value is in
my property. However, if I remodel, I will have to pay for that, whereas
if I sell, I can just use that money to get what I want.

nancy

Danny's BBQ piedmont Barbecue 5 21-01-2010 10:36 AM
Gourmet's list of 20 inventions that changed cooking Mark Thorson General Cooking 88 19-03-2009 04:08 PM
THIS ARTICLE CHANGED MY LIFE, IT COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE AS WELL [email protected] General Cooking 2 26-08-2006 12:09 AM
cooking for family [email protected] General Cooking 1 11-03-2006 09:04 PM
Cooking for a family reunion Stan Marks Barbecue 8 26-04-2005 03:06 AM