Old 27-10-2014, 01:09 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Myer Lemons

Hi All,

Have you guys discovered Myer Lemons yet? They are
like a regular lemon without the "nasty".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyer_lemon

I use mine of fried chicken. What do you use them on?

I will nibble on the spent peals while cooking. You
got to try them! Lemon without the nasty. Raley's and
Trader Joe's both carry them out here.

-T

--
T2 Diabetes, Drug Free, and Thriving, Not Just Surviving!

Old 27-10-2014, 01:22 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:
: Hi All,

: Have you guys discovered Myer Lemons yet? They are
: like a regular lemon without the "nasty".

: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyer_lemon

: I use mine of fried chicken. What do you use them on?

: I will nibble on the spent peals while cooking. You
: got to try them! Lemon without the nasty. Raley's and
: Trader Joe's both carry them out here.

: -T

: --
I use lots of regular lemons adnhave not tried, but have seen Meyer
lemons. what is nasty about regular lemons. I like to use them onlots
of foods and like the rind in black coffee. I understand that the Meyers
are sweeter, but do they still taste like lemons?

Wendy
Old 27-10-2014, 04:39 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 01:22:38 +0000 (UTC), in alt.food.diabetic, "W.
Baker" wrote:

Todd wrote:
: Hi All,

: Have you guys discovered Myer Lemons yet? They are
: like a regular lemon without the "nasty".

: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyer_lemon

: I use mine of fried chicken. What do you use them on?

: I will nibble on the spent peals while cooking. You
: got to try them! Lemon without the nasty. Raley's and
: Trader Joe's both carry them out here.

: -T

: --
I use lots of regular lemons adnhave not tried, but have seen Meyer
lemons. what is nasty about regular lemons. I like to use them onlots
of foods and like the rind in black coffee. I understand that the Meyers
are sweeter, but do they still taste like lemons?

Wendy

I haven't tried the Meyer lemon either Wendy. I do use regular lemons
for certain recipes. A favorite of ours is chicken piccata, which
uses the lemon juice, some lemon slices and capers in the sauce. It's
very tasty.
Karen
Old 27-10-2014, 05:41 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/26/2014 06:22 PM, W. Baker wrote:
Todd wrote:
: Hi All,

: Have you guys discovered Myer Lemons yet? They are
: like a regular lemon without the "nasty".

: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyer_lemon

: I use mine of fried chicken. What do you use them on?

: I will nibble on the spent peals while cooking. You
: got to try them! Lemon without the nasty. Raley's and
: Trader Joe's both carry them out here.

: -T

: --
I use lots of regular lemons adnhave not tried, but have seen Meyer
lemons. what is nasty about regular lemons. I like to use them onlots
of foods and like the rind in black coffee. I understand that the Meyers
are sweeter, but do they still taste like lemons?

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Try them side by side. The Meyer would seem sweeter,
but my impression is that it has all the lemon flavor
without the bitterness and bite. Not sweeter. Maybe
much lower acid. Try a bit of the peel too.

I can't use regular lemons anymore.

Can't wait to try some on fried cheese.

-T

Old 27-10-2014, 09:43 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
Hi All,

Have you guys discovered Myer Lemons yet? They are
like a regular lemon without the "nasty".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyer_lemon

I use mine of fried chicken. What do you use them on?

I will nibble on the spent peals while cooking. You
got to try them! Lemon without the nasty. Raley's and
Trader Joe's both carry them out here.

-T

Lemons aren't nasty! I love them. And check the carb count on the Meyers.
They are crossed with an orange or a tangerine or something. Probably more
carbs than you'd want. I can live without them.

Old 27-10-2014, 09:47 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Todd wrote:
: Hi All,

: Have you guys discovered Myer Lemons yet? They are
: like a regular lemon without the "nasty".

: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyer_lemon

: I use mine of fried chicken. What do you use them on?

: I will nibble on the spent peals while cooking. You
: got to try them! Lemon without the nasty. Raley's and
: Trader Joe's both carry them out here.

: -T

: --
I use lots of regular lemons adnhave not tried, but have seen Meyer
lemons. what is nasty about regular lemons. I like to use them onlots
of foods and like the rind in black coffee. I understand that the Meyers
are sweeter, but do they still taste like lemons?

They're sweeter because they are crossed with an orange. I never tried
them. I like lemons! I don't like oranges.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyer_lemon

1 lemon has 5 g of carb. 1 Meyer lemon has 41 g. I'll pass!

Old 27-10-2014, 09:48 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:
[...]

And here I thought you were a low carber!

Old 27-10-2014, 05:18 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 02:43:14 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Todd" wrote in message
Hi All,

Have you guys discovered Myer Lemons yet? They are
like a regular lemon without the "nasty".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyer_lemon

I use mine of fried chicken. What do you use them on?

I will nibble on the spent peals while cooking. You
got to try them! Lemon without the nasty. Raley's and
Trader Joe's both carry them out here.

-T

Lemons aren't nasty! I love them. And check the carb count on the Meyers.
They are crossed with an orange or a tangerine or something. Probably more
carbs than you'd want. I can live without them.

Julie, according to Sunkist the meyer lemon has 4 grams per 2 oz
http://www.sunkist.com/healthy/nutri...spx#meyerlemon
and the standard lemon has 5 grams per 2 oz.
http://www.sunkist.com/healthy/nutri...ts.aspx#lemons
One gram difference is not a lot.

Old 27-10-2014, 06:41 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 18:09:33 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

Have you guys discovered Myer Lemons yet? They are
like a regular lemon without the "nasty".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyer_lemon

Todd,

Yes I know of them and use them...love 'em. Have for years. They grow
well here in Clark County, NV. My neighbor has a tree in his front
yard (east side of house). Big, juicy and with no poisons applied

Makes great lemonade!
Old 27-10-2014, 07:44 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/27/2014 11:41 AM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 18:09:33 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

Have you guys discovered Myer Lemons yet? They are
like a regular lemon without the "nasty".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyer_lemon

Todd,

Yes I know of them and use them...love 'em. Have for years. They grow
well here in Clark County, NV. My neighbor has a tree in his front
yard (east side of house). Big, juicy and with no poisons applied

Makes great lemonade!

Total lemon taste without the bitter components :-)

No clue why the regular ones even sell anymore.

Old 27-10-2014, 08:35 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 12:44:03 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 10/27/2014 11:41 AM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 18:09:33 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

Have you guys discovered Myer Lemons yet? They are
like a regular lemon without the "nasty".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyer_lemon

Todd,

Yes I know of them and use them...love 'em. Have for years. They grow
well here in Clark County, NV. My neighbor has a tree in his front
yard (east side of house). Big, juicy and with no poisons applied

Makes great lemonade!

Total lemon taste without the bitter components :-)

Right.

No clue why the regular ones even sell anymore.

Give me an avocado, chopped onion, lemon/lime with a tad of salt and
pepper and I'm almost in heaven

I used to make what in the South, we call "Ole Sour". A cup of juice
with a tablespoon of salt. Placed in a small glass container, corked,
left on the counter for a few weeks - it ferments and is used on food.
like broccoli. Never needs refrigeration.

(Everything I love is killing me) g

This may interest you:

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=27
Old 27-10-2014, 09:30 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

When I looked it up it said that one lemon has 5 grams while one Meyer lemon
has 41 grams.

Old 27-10-2014, 09:31 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
On 10/27/2014 11:41 AM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 18:09:33 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

Have you guys discovered Myer Lemons yet? They are
like a regular lemon without the "nasty".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyer_lemon

Todd,

Yes I know of them and use them...love 'em. Have for years. They grow
well here in Clark County, NV. My neighbor has a tree in his front
yard (east side of house). Big, juicy and with no poisons applied

Makes great lemonade!

Total lemon taste without the bitter components :-)

No clue why the regular ones even sell anymore.

Because people like them!

Old 27-10-2014, 09:50 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 14:30:41 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

Julie, according to Sunkist the meyer lemon has 4 grams per 2 oz
http://www.sunkist.com/healthy/nutri...spx#meyerlemon
and the standard lemon has 5 grams per 2 oz.
http://www.sunkist.com/healthy/nutri...ts.aspx#lemons
One gram difference is not a lot.

When I looked it up it said that one lemon has 5 grams while one Meyer lemon
has 41 grams.

Citation needed, please.
Old 27-10-2014, 09:52 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 14:31:38 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyer_lemon

Todd,

Yes I know of them and use them...love 'em. Have for years. They grow
well here in Clark County, NV. My neighbor has a tree in his front
yard (east side of house). Big, juicy and with no poisons applied

Makes great lemonade!

Total lemon taste without the bitter components :-)

No clue why the regular ones even sell anymore.

Because people like them!

Lot's of Lemons sf[_9_] General Cooking 2 22-12-2009 01:02 PM
Lot's of Lemons Terry[_3_] General Cooking 0 21-12-2009 12:50 PM
Lemons Martin[_6_] Historic 20 15-08-2008 11:39 PM
Lemons Martin[_6_] General Cooking 0 12-08-2008 06:16 AM
Lemons? Tracy[_2_] General Cooking 29 24-05-2008 12:33 AM