Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What's for dinner?

Chili here. My own recipe. Ground beef, plenty of green bell peppers,
onions, some jalapenos, tomatoes and sauce, kidney beans, chili powder,
cumin, Mexican oregano and salt. There is also cornbread but I am not
eating that. Very nice for a somewhat chilly, rainy day.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Having satay beef. I cut rump into strips and it is marinating already.
Probably have it with broccoli and thinking of roasting some onion
chunks and carrot slices to put though the satay after it is cooked.
Peppers was the other thing I wanted to roast but were $8.95 a kilo!

"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...

Chili here. My own recipe. Ground beef, plenty of green bell peppers,
onions, some jalapenos, tomatoes and sauce, kidney beans, chili powder,
cumin, Mexican oregano and salt. There is also cornbread but I am not
eating that. Very nice for a somewhat chilly, rainy day.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Having satay beef. I cut rump into strips and it is marinating already.
> Probably have it with broccoli and thinking of roasting some onion chunks
> and carrot slices to put though the satay after it is cooked. Peppers was
> the other thing I wanted to roast but were $8.95 a kilo!

Ah that reminds me! Have broccoli to cook for husband. Need to find
something to do with it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:
: Chili here. My own recipe. Ground beef, plenty of green bell peppers,
: onions, some jalapenos, tomatoes and sauce, kidney beans, chili powder,
: cumin, Mexican oregano and salt. There is also cornbread but I am not
: eating that. Very nice for a somewhat chilly, rainy day.
Remainder of pressure cooked chicken soup I made the other day and have
beeneating for a few days in all the cold weave had here. Today it is
about 332F and it feels like summer after the record breaking temperatures
we have had. Of course,not like te Midwest which has been below zero for
qute a few days with wind chills into the negative 40s range. they too
are easing now.

The chicken soup, which takes only 12 mins underpressure to mae is eaten
with all the chicken and carrots, onionsadncelery , dill, S&P that it is
cooked with. Very yummy and reletively low carb and fat so fits many
diets.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/9/2014 3:39 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> Today it is
> about 332F and it feels like summer after the record breaking temperatures
> we have had.

I know it's a typo, but I got a chuckle out it being 332F in NYC. I'm
sure that is feeling rather toasty! (-:

--
DreadfulBitch

I intend to live forever....so far, so good.
......Steven Wright

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

DreadfulBitch > wrote:
: On 1/9/2014 3:39 PM, W. Baker wrote:
: > Today it is
: > about 332F and it feels like summer after the record breaking temperatures
: > we have had.

: I know it's a typo, but I got a chuckle out it being 332F in NYC. I'm
: sure that is feeling rather toasty! (-:

: --
: DreadfulBitch

: I intend to live forever....so far, so good.
: .....Steven Wright

If you really are a new person then you don't know I ma a terrible typist,
speller adn checker of tying as I have visual problems. Of course, the 32
degree today felt like summer, not a hot oven to make dinner:-)

Wendy
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Bove[_2_] View Post
Chili here. My own recipe. Ground beef, plenty of green bell peppers,
onions, some jalapenos, tomatoes and sauce, kidney beans, chili powder,
cumin, Mexican oregano and salt. There is also cornbread but I am not
eating that. Very nice for a somewhat chilly, rainy day.
Got a old chum from Iowa who would fight you over that "yankee chili" I can eat it too if its free and cold outside. lol. I have been told I am having a grilled hamburger steak..mashed tates..fried Okry and carrot cake. To be picked up at Lubys cafeteria within ten minutes and cost 6 bucks. What a deal huh?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 15:48:52 -0600, DreadfulBitch
> wrote:

>On 1/9/2014 3:39 PM, W. Baker wrote:
>> Today it is
>> about 332F and it feels like summer after the record breaking temperatures
>> we have had.

>I know it's a typo, but I got a chuckle out it being 332F in NYC. I'm
>sure that is feeling rather toasty! (-:

Especially since everyone would had died long before it reached that
temp.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/9/2014 5:30 PM, W. Baker wrote:

> If you really are a new person then you don't know I ma a terrible typist,
> speller adn checker of tying as I have visual problems. Of course, the 32
> degree today felt like summer, not a hot oven to make dinner:-)
>
> Wendy

Yes, I'm new to this group, but not to ASD. I'm known there, and other
NGs, as BessieBee.

I am aware of your vision problems so I hesitated to make a comment. I
was sure, though, that you wouldn't take it as an insult. At least I
sure do hope so!! It made me laugh out loud. I have always enjoyed
your posts. (-:

--
DreadfulBitch

I intend to live forever....so far, so good.
......Steven Wright
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

DreadfulBitch > wrote:
: On 1/9/2014 5:30 PM, W. Baker wrote:

: > If you really are a new person then you don't know I ma a terrible typist,
: > speller adn checker of tying as I have visual problems. Of course, the 32
: > degree today felt like summer, not a hot oven to make dinner:-)
: >
: > Wendy
: >
: Yes, I'm new to this group, but not to ASD. I'm known there, and other
: NGs, as BessieBee.

: I am aware of your vision problems so I hesitated to make a comment. I
: was sure, though, that you wouldn't take it as an insult. At least I
: sure do hope so!! It made me laugh out loud. I have always enjoyed
: your posts. (-:

: --
: DreadfulBitch

: I intend to live forever....so far, so good.
: .....Steven Wright

Fine! Welcome to our group!

Wendy