Old 26-10-2013, 05:58 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Basmati Rice

Amira Basmati Rice is rice grain.. It's longer and has more flavour and fragrance than normal rice..

http://www.amirafoods.com/

Old 05-12-2013, 06:11 AM
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Amira Basmati Rice is rice grain.. It's longer and has more flavour and fragrance than normal rice..

Amira Basmati,indian specialty basmati rice exporter |Amira nature foods
Yeah, But there must be very careful to prepare that with proper method. Because, Once you miss the ratio of water adding to boil, Either its gets hard uncooked, or It get sticky like over cooked. Concern about cooking in cooker, 1-glass rice = to 2-glass of water. Where you get proper way of output cooked rice. Which will be suitable for Fried rice, Briyani, or any desert food items.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:34 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

:
http://www.amirafoods.com/)

: Yeah, But there must be very careful to prepare that with proper method.
: Because, Once you miss the ratio of water adding to boil, Either its
: gets hard uncooked, or It get sticky like over cooked. Concern about
: cooking in cooker, 1-glass rice = to 2-glass of water. Where you get
: proper way of output cooked rice. Which will be suitable for Fried rice,
: Briyani, or any desert food items.
: --
: clinicaltrials

All this may be true, but why is it of interest todiabetics, who much
control their carb intake, meaning only occasional or tiny amuntf os rice
so why spend all this time and bandwidthon it in this group?

Wendy
Old 05-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Amira Basmati Rice is rice grain.. It's longer and has more flavour and fragrance than normal rice..

Amira Basmati,indian specialty basmati rice exporter |Amira nature foods

Its more fragrant and flavorful due to the high percentage of insect parts and rodent droppings it contains. If full of B Vitamins and protein. Sorta like eating a T Bone steak,
Old 05-12-2013, 10:17 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
On 12/05/2013 10:01 AM, bigwheel wrote:
;1875781 Wrote:
Amira Basmati Rice is rice grain.. It's longer and has more flavour
and fragrance than normal rice..

'Amira Basmati,indian specialty basmati rice exporter |Amira nature
foods' (
http://www.amirafoods.com/)

Its more fragrant and flavorful due to the high percentage of insect
parts and rodent droppings it contains. If full of B Vitamins and
protein. Sorta like eating a T Bone steak,

When vegetarians aren't really vegetarians.

Hardly. If you knew anything about Basmati rice, you'd know that it needs
to be washed before use.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:18 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
On 12/05/2013 09:34 AM, W. Baker wrote:
clinicaltrials wrote:

: ;1875781 Wrote:
[...]

control their carb intake, meaning only occasional or tiny amount of rice
so why spend all this time and bandwidth on it in this group?

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

1+

Young lady, you are a brave woman. Any minute now the high carb,
low fat, high drug Diabetics are going to come out of the woodwork
and carpet bomb you with industry studies showing high carb diets
are actually good for Diabetics.

Wendy is right of course. So if any of you are going to get
mad at her, get mad at me too.

-T

Hi Rakhi,

Basmati rice is one of the high carb foods that gave me
carbohydrate poisoning (also knows as T2 Diabetes). You
SHOULD NOT be using it. And eliminate or sharply curb
all your grains.

And remember grains are simply carriers favor other flavors.
Spread your favorite flavors on something low carb.

-T

Oh boy am ever going to catch s--- for the above remarks.

You really are a piece of work and probably just here to troll.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:19 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:
: : proper way of output cooked rice. Which will be suitable for Fried rice,
: : Briyani, or any desert food items.
: : --
: : clinicaltrials
:
[...]

Todd, a word to the wise should be sufficient! No diabetics I know,
including those who don't share your very low carb method of controling
your disease eat rice with either frequancy or abandon as you would like
to imply. Everyone limits their carbs , but to varying degrees. think of
it as a continum, not an either or and what works for one does not work
for all.

this, as has beenmentioned, is the diabetic food group. Long lectures
really are not necessary. Notice that I spoke briefly.

rice is not a part of a Western diabetic's diet in nay quantity. I don't
know how they manage in Asia where it is such a large part of the basic
diet, with vegetables and meat uused almost as condiments with teh staple
rice. That is not a big issue in this group so dont' try to make each
post a "lesson" in your "wonderful" system that makes all other systems
"terrible," which is how you come off.

Wendy
Old 05-12-2013, 10:41 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"bigwheel" wrote in message

;1875781 Wrote:
Amira Basmati Rice is rice grain.. It's longer and has more flavour
and fragrance than normal rice..

'Amira Basmati,indian specialty basmati rice exporter |Amira nature
foods' (
http://www.amirafoods.com/)

Its more fragrant and flavorful due to the high percentage of insect
parts and rodent droppings it contains. If full of B Vitamins and
protein. Sorta like eating a T Bone steak,

------------------------

You are kidding, right? Hopefully you are using sarcasm for the OP's
benefit. Rice of any kind is little more than a filler.

--
bigwheel

Old 06-12-2013, 05:25 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

clinicaltrials wrote:

: ;1875781 Wrote:
[...]

Naah.
He really is that infantile.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:26 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 12/5/2013 2:19 PM, W. Baker wrote:
Todd wrote:
[...]

And he tried so hard to please you....

this, as has beenmentioned, is the diabetic food group. Long lectures
really are not necessary. Notice that I spoke briefly.

Well, at least now he should know how he has to behave here, eh?

rice is not a part of a Western diabetic's diet in nay quantity. I don't
know how they manage in Asia where it is such a large part of the basic
diet, with vegetables and meat uused almost as condiments with teh staple
rice. That is not a big issue in this group so dont' try to make each
post a "lesson" in your "wonderful" system that makes all other

systems
"terrible," which is how you come off.

You are correct, but why don't you ever get down on Susan for "trying to
make each post a "lesson" in her "wonderful" system that makes all other
systems "terrible," which is how *she* *also* comes off.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:39 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Todd wrote:
[...]

Indeed! Todd won't see this as I am in his killfile. I am not a low carber
and I do eat rice, mainly only when my stomach is acting up and I can't
digest much of anything else but even I can't eat unlimited amounts of it.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:45 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message

Hi Wendy,

I never said any of that stuff. I don't know any high carb
diabetics on this list. Who are you really arguing with?

You didn't specifically say that but you keep going on about high carb
eating diabetics. Probably nobody here really cares. Of course we get
upset when we see a person doing something medically or otherwise that we
think should be doing otherwise but chances are if that person is an adult
and has their wits about them, there isn't a danged thing we can do about
it. So wasting our time trying to change that is well...as I said...wasting
our time. Why you feel the need to keep pushing Mark's Daily Apple and
running down the high carb eating people is beyond me. There is no one size
fits all when it comes to anything. Including diabetes. And never assume
that because something worked for you, it will work for others.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:57 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"GysdeJongh" JonghSevenHundredElevenAtPlanet.nl wrote in message
.. .
W. Baker wrote:
clinicaltrials wrote:

;1875781 Wrote:
Amira Basmati Rice is rice grain

All this may be true, but why is it of interest todiabetics, who much
control their carb intake, meaning only occasional or tiny amuntf os
rice so why spend all this time and bandwidthon it in this group?

Imprisonment often improves metabolic control in prisoners with type 2
diabetes; however, the reasons for this remain unclear. Here, we
investigated the metabolic control of male prisoners with type 2 diabetes
in Japan. During imprisonment, mean fasting plasma glucose and hemoglobin
Alc (HbA1c) levels dramatically decreased from 184+/-74 to 113+/-38mg/dl
(p0.001) and 8.4+/-2.1 to 5.9+/-1.2% (p0.001), respectively. In
addition, 5 of 18 prisoners (28%) treated with insulin and 17 of 34 (50%)
treated with oral hypoglycemic agents were able to discontinue their
treatment and maintain good metabolic control. Most prisoners in Japanese
prisons work 8h a day 5 days a week, consuming a high dietary fiber diet
including boiled rice with barley, "Mugimeshi". These findings suggest
that a well-regulated lifestyle and long-term intake of high dietary fiber
may have beneficial effects on metabolic control in patients with type 2
diabetes.
PMID: 17208326

I read a book about some ballerinas in France in earlier times who were
imprisoned. They said that the diet they got in the prison was far better
than what they could get at the time on the outside. Their father had died
and their mother was an alcoholic. They did get paid to be in the ballet
and they also worked at a laundry. But pay for women in those days was very
paltry. Meals were described on the outside as a small roll for breakfast
if they were lucky, a piece of cheese for lunch and one in a while a chicken
for dinner.

In prison, they didn't get a lot of meat but they had beans almost daily. I
can't remember now if there was rice but there were a lot of other
vegetables and they said the portions were large.

Here, at least from what I have seen on TV, some prisons have stuff like
honey buns available at the commissary but one can only buy it if they have
money in their account and if they don't have infractions that prevent them
from buying. Such things are also traded among prisoners. But... The
meals provided, which might not be the most appealing, are nutritionally
complete and don't include sweets. So it is likely that the inmates are
eating a better diet than they had before. OTOH, I have seen some pretty
big female inmates on those shows who do love their honey buns.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:03 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

W. Baker wrote:
clinicaltrials wrote:

;1875781 Wrote:
[...]

I like to cook Basmati rice in a steam pan. Cook 5 min in the lower part
just under water. Then 5 min in the upper, sieve, part. Then add a tuna
steak and a tin of black beans in the same upper part on the rice and steam
for 6 min more.

My idea is move a lot and eat less of better food.
Worked for the last 5 years
Gys

Basmati Rice machenka eriksen Diabetic 1 09-12-2013 07:41 PM
Basmati rice disappointment spamtrap1888 General Cooking 7 12-02-2013 11:44 PM
Cooking Basmati rice? Corey Richardson[_4_] General Cooking 11 05-12-2008 10:38 PM
Basmati Rice? Ed Nuxters General Cooking 20 20-12-2004 02:58 PM
Basmati Rice Stark General Cooking 2 07-11-2004 06:31 PM