Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Basmati Rice

On Monday, December 30, 2002 4:24:06 AM UTC-8, Alan Hardy wrote:
> Hi all,
> I`ve seen several claims that basmati rice is good on low-carb diets, so
> when I went in the supermarket a couple of days gone, I read the label.
> 100g of uncooked rice contains 76.1 g of carbohydrates! Can anyone explain
> why this has been recommended as *good*
>
> Al.

Thanks for the Information on basmati! But why is it different from other rice? Isn't brown rice best?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

rice is rice... all brown adds is fiber and a touch more protein...

white rice is the same rice as brow but with the husk left on instead of
polished off like white rice.

but your glucose levels wont tell the difference.

same rule applies to brow sugar..brown breads

some tolerate it more then others..some are just in denial...your body your
science lab..

test yourself at regular intervals to see exactly what's it is doing in your
system and have the answers

KROM

"machenka eriksen" wrote ...