Stark

Default Basmati Rice

Is all basmati rice aged? I've read that the aging process is what
gives basmati it's aroma and flavor. I've also read that you have to
pay a slight premium for aged basmati rice.

Yet I've purchased some aged basmati rice from Sadaf which is actually
cheaper than Tilde's best basmati rice which is NOT labelled "aged."

Any rice advice short of "eat it!" would be appreciated.
Peter Aitken

"Stark" > wrote in message
> Is all basmati rice aged? I've read that the aging process is what
> gives basmati it's aroma and flavor. I've also read that you have to
> pay a slight premium for aged basmati rice.
>
> Yet I've purchased some aged basmati rice from Sadaf which is actually
> cheaper than Tilde's best basmati rice which is NOT labelled "aged."
>
> Any rice advice short of "eat it!" would be appreciated.

My understanding is that aging does improve basmati and is routinely done.
Perhaps some distributors do not feel the need to label it as "aged."

--
Peter Aitken

Peter Aitken

Basmati Rice machenka eriksen Diabetic 1 09-12-2013 07:41 PM
Basmati Rice [email protected] Diabetic 29 08-12-2013 09:59 PM
Basmati rice disappointment spamtrap1888 General Cooking 7 12-02-2013 11:44 PM
Cooking Basmati rice? Corey Richardson[_4_] General Cooking 11 05-12-2008 10:38 PM
Basmati Rice? Ed Nuxters General Cooking 20 20-12-2004 02:58 PM