Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Basmati Rice

Todd > wrote:
: >
: > : And yes, I do know high carb diabetics. I think the practice
: > : is really stupid, but to each his own. One almost killed himself.
: > : His right. I never accused anyone on this group of doing it.
: >
: > : -T
: > what you call high carb diabetics are those who refuse to make dietary
: > ajustments and likd to play ostrich, or say I tak e my pill so I cnaeat
: > whatever I like. they exxist far to frequently, but NOT ON THESE LISTS.
: > We have disagreements ofabout the degree of carb limitation, but don't
: > think that Randy, say, eats pots of carbs to th exclusion of protein, etc.
: > He may well eat a moderate amount of carbs adn far less fat than you do,
: > but he is not running around eating pots of basmati or other rice, etc.
: > He eats moderately and watches his bgs etc. You keep screamng abut poison
: > carbs, and I ony eat 15 grams a meal, etc as if everyone here is pigging
: > out on nothing but carbs all day. It is insulting to the group who are
: > mostly here sot share experiences or information, although som eon ASD
: > aseem to be here because they love to argue and seem happy to argue with
: > anyone if it seems fun to them.
: >
: > We all know diabetes deniers but they don't come to ASD or this diabetic
: > food group . submit your recipes or your questions onhow to cook with
: > your limited facilities, but don't keep screaming carb poison, etc. You
: > really are still very new to all this and someof yoru problem is still
: > being so excited about finding a way to control this scary disease that
: > you become a prosyletizer(sp?) Sstop preaching to the converted. We know
: > to limit carbs to the degree that works for us and keeps our bgs where we
: > want them to be unless we have some other health issues that preclude us
: > form beign able to do this.
: >
: > Wendy
: >
: >

: Hi Wendy,

: I never said any of that stuff. I don't know any high carb
: diabetics on this list. Who are you really arguing with?

: -T

You constantly preach very low carb , using th term carb poison, etc.
Your constant mention of high carb diabetics on this list, seems to imply
that those who disagree with your very low carb diet are such people. You
don't have to point a finger and name a person to , by replying in the
tome you use, look to be accusing those who do not follow your very low
carb, high fat diet are all hig carb diabetics who are kiooing themselves.

there are several wys to control T2 diabetes including moderation in carb
eating and ujudicious use of medication as well as very low carb. use of
these other methods does not make someone an ostriching hig carb eatign
diabetic, but you constatnly imply this. Watch the way you write things
adn think before you post.

Wendy