Old 06-07-2013, 05:10 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Help with juice

"Susan" wrote in message

See my reply to Cheri; I'm sure you're both right, at least for the bg
aspect, but there is a collection of very good evidence (and even Dr.
Atkins warned of the possibility) now that artificially sweetened products
contribute to hunger, weight gain, increased glucose and insulin
secretion.

Susan

Well, nothing wrong with posting the warnings at any rate. :-)

Cheri

Old 07-07-2013, 12:29 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

x-no-archive; yes

On 7/6/2013 6:23 PM, W. Baker wrote:
thatis eactly what the OP on the "warning" ws implying. It was one of
those"avoid at all costs" and Stevia is fine kind of arguments. That s
what I am objecting to. for most poeple an occsional artificially
sweetened soft drink or othe food should have no problem, I would guess
that even a small amount in coffee or tea, as opposed to diet coke, sy,
also would nt be a prolbem. I do get exercised by these all or nothing
kind of positions that so often seem to occur here and on asd.

Wendy, that was me you quoted above your objection, not the OP.

I just shared a concern that's been borne out by research in the case of
someone who's hooked on sweet drinks. Just a point of info, not a call
for a ban.

I promise I didn't type it onto a stone tablet. ;-)

Susan
Old 07-07-2013, 01:03 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Susan" wrote in message

See my reply to Cheri; I'm sure you're both right, at least for the bg
aspect, but there is a collection of very good evidence (and even Dr.
Atkins warned of the possibility) now that artificially sweetened
products contribute to hunger, weight gain, increased glucose and
insulin secretion.

Susan

Well, nothing wrong with posting the warnings at any rate. :-)

Cheri

===============

True, but for myself, I am lucky to use an AS once a month and then it
is only a sachet of stevia in my rare cappuccino. Might make a
difference to people who sweeten things all day every day. I was lucky
in a way that when I went to WW at 20 the only available sweetener was
saccharine. It was so vile I weaned myself off the 3-4 sugars I had in
tea over a period of a few weeks. Now I hate tea with even half a
teaspoon of sugar.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:26 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Susan" wrote in message

[...]

I don't drink soda much at all, or use too much AS anymore. I used to put
five packets in a cup of tea, but not anymore. I just got tired of it.

Cheri

Old 07-07-2013, 02:57 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Susan" wrote in message

[...]

Oh now I LOVED that stuff! Was furious when they changed the formulation of
Tab. It was the bitter aftertaste that I loved! Now I think it is half
that and half Nutrasweet. Tastes pretty much the same as diet Coke to me.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:53 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Susan" wrote in message

[...]

===================

I do have the occasional glass of diet coke but it would be if someone
brought it into the house. We almost all drink just water here with
maybe a daily cuppa. One son likes Iced Tea so he brings that home
sometimes.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:58 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Susan" wrote in message

[...]

I did enjoy some A&W Diet Root Beer on the 4th, but I really think it was
the added 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream that made it taste that good. :-)

Cheri