Old 28-03-2013, 08:52 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Stuffed pickles

Do you eat these? If so... What do you stuff them with? I have a recipe
that I got from a Mexican cookbook from the library many years ago. It's
basically a dill pickle cut in half lengthwise, hollowed out and stuffed
with tuna. You chop up the pickle centers and add this to tuna and a little
mayo, then stuff it back in. Always meant to try it but never did.

I sometimes do peanut butter pickles. I just cut in half lengthwise, blot
off the juice from the cut sides, spread one half with peanut butter then
put the other half back on. Yum!

Old 28-03-2013, 02:41 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message
Do you eat these? If so... What do you stuff them with? I have a recipe
that I got from a Mexican cookbook from the library many years ago. It's
basically a dill pickle cut in half lengthwise, hollowed out and stuffed
with tuna. You chop up the pickle centers and add this to tuna and a
little mayo, then stuff it back in. Always meant to try it but never did.

I sometimes do peanut butter pickles. I just cut in half lengthwise, blot
off the juice from the cut sides, spread one half with peanut butter then
put the other half back on. Yum!

I imagine it would be very much like stuffed cucumbers, aka Gorilla
Sandwiches except using pickles.

Cheri

Old 28-03-2013, 09:57 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message
Do you eat these? If so... What do you stuff them with? I have a
recipe that I got from a Mexican cookbook from the library many years
ago. It's basically a dill pickle cut in half lengthwise, hollowed out
and stuffed with tuna. You chop up the pickle centers and add this to
tuna and a little mayo, then stuff it back in. Always meant to try it
but never did.

I sometimes do peanut butter pickles. I just cut in half lengthwise,
blot off the juice from the cut sides, spread one half with peanut butter
then put the other half back on. Yum!

I imagine it would be very much like stuffed cucumbers, aka Gorilla
Sandwiches except using pickles.

Yes! You could do that too! Have you had a Gorilla Sandwich? I have only
seen them online. Not in person.

Old 28-03-2013, 10:33 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message
Do you eat these? If so... What do you stuff them with? I have a
recipe that I got from a Mexican cookbook from the library many years
ago. It's basically a dill pickle cut in half lengthwise, hollowed out
and stuffed with tuna. You chop up the pickle centers and add this to
tuna and a little mayo, then stuff it back in. Always meant to try it
but never did.

I sometimes do peanut butter pickles. I just cut in half lengthwise,
blot off the juice from the cut sides, spread one half with peanut
butter then put the other half back on. Yum!

I imagine it would be very much like stuffed cucumbers, aka Gorilla
Sandwiches except using pickles.

Yes! You could do that too! Have you had a Gorilla Sandwich? I have
only seen them online. Not in person.

Yes, I believe you had mentioned it once, so I did it with a fairly large
cucumber, stuffed with tuna, it was good.

Cheri

Old 28-03-2013, 10:40 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message
[...]

Excellent!

What are pickles? Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 103 25-01-2014 10:06 AM
Bread and Butter Pickles vs Yum Yum Pickles WLinington General Cooking 19 29-10-2009 10:56 PM
Pickles fred General Cooking 17 13-06-2007 03:57 PM
hot pickles grawun General Cooking 18 04-12-2006 02:43 PM
Barb's Smokey Bacon & Swiss Stuffed Pickles Mr Libido Incognito General Cooking 0 21-05-2006 01:37 AM