FoodBanter.com

-   -   Stuffed pickles (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/423467-stuffed-pickles.html)

Julie Bove[_2_] 28-03-2013 08:52 AM

Stuffed pickles

Do you eat these? If so... What do you stuff them with? I have a recipe
that I got from a Mexican cookbook from the library many years ago. It's
basically a dill pickle cut in half lengthwise, hollowed out and stuffed
with tuna. You chop up the pickle centers and add this to tuna and a little
mayo, then stuff it back in. Always meant to try it but never did.

I sometimes do peanut butter pickles. I just cut in half lengthwise, blot
off the juice from the cut sides, spread one half with peanut butter then
put the other half back on. Yum!

Cheri[_3_] 28-03-2013 02:41 PM

Stuffed pickles

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Do you eat these? If so... What do you stuff them with? I have a recipe
> that I got from a Mexican cookbook from the library many years ago. It's
> basically a dill pickle cut in half lengthwise, hollowed out and stuffed
> with tuna. You chop up the pickle centers and add this to tuna and a
> little mayo, then stuff it back in. Always meant to try it but never did.
>
> I sometimes do peanut butter pickles. I just cut in half lengthwise, blot
> off the juice from the cut sides, spread one half with peanut butter then
> put the other half back on. Yum!

I imagine it would be very much like stuffed cucumbers, aka Gorilla
Sandwiches except using pickles.

Cheri

Julie Bove[_2_] 28-03-2013 09:57 PM

Stuffed pickles

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> Do you eat these? If so... What do you stuff them with? I have a
>> recipe that I got from a Mexican cookbook from the library many years
>> ago. It's basically a dill pickle cut in half lengthwise, hollowed out
>> and stuffed with tuna. You chop up the pickle centers and add this to
>> tuna and a little mayo, then stuff it back in. Always meant to try it
>> but never did.
>>
>> I sometimes do peanut butter pickles. I just cut in half lengthwise,
>> blot off the juice from the cut sides, spread one half with peanut butter
>> then put the other half back on. Yum!

> I imagine it would be very much like stuffed cucumbers, aka Gorilla
> Sandwiches except using pickles.

Yes! You could do that too! Have you had a Gorilla Sandwich? I have only
seen them online. Not in person.

Cheri[_3_] 28-03-2013 10:33 PM

Stuffed pickles

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>> Do you eat these? If so... What do you stuff them with? I have a
>>> recipe that I got from a Mexican cookbook from the library many years
>>> ago. It's basically a dill pickle cut in half lengthwise, hollowed out
>>> and stuffed with tuna. You chop up the pickle centers and add this to
>>> tuna and a little mayo, then stuff it back in. Always meant to try it
>>> but never did.
>>>
>>> I sometimes do peanut butter pickles. I just cut in half lengthwise,
>>> blot off the juice from the cut sides, spread one half with peanut
>>> butter then put the other half back on. Yum!

>> I imagine it would be very much like stuffed cucumbers, aka Gorilla
>> Sandwiches except using pickles.

> Yes! You could do that too! Have you had a Gorilla Sandwich? I have
> only seen them online. Not in person.

Yes, I believe you had mentioned it once, so I did it with a fairly large
cucumber, stuffed with tuna, it was good.

Cheri

Julie Bove[_2_] 28-03-2013 10:40 PM

Stuffed pickles

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> I imagine it would be very much like stuffed cucumbers, aka Gorilla
>>> Sandwiches except using pickles.

>> Yes! You could do that too! Have you had a Gorilla Sandwich? I have
>> only seen them online. Not in person.
>>

> Yes, I believe you had mentioned it once, so I did it with a fairly large
> cucumber, stuffed with tuna, it was good.

Excellent!