Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Stuffed pickles

Do you eat these? If so... What do you stuff them with? I have a recipe
that I got from a Mexican cookbook from the library many years ago. It's
basically a dill pickle cut in half lengthwise, hollowed out and stuffed
with tuna. You chop up the pickle centers and add this to tuna and a little
mayo, then stuff it back in. Always meant to try it but never did.

I sometimes do peanut butter pickles. I just cut in half lengthwise, blot
off the juice from the cut sides, spread one half with peanut butter then
put the other half back on. Yum!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Do you eat these? If so... What do you stuff them with? I have a recipe
> that I got from a Mexican cookbook from the library many years ago. It's
> basically a dill pickle cut in half lengthwise, hollowed out and stuffed
> with tuna. You chop up the pickle centers and add this to tuna and a
> little mayo, then stuff it back in. Always meant to try it but never did.
>
> I sometimes do peanut butter pickles. I just cut in half lengthwise, blot
> off the juice from the cut sides, spread one half with peanut butter then
> put the other half back on. Yum!

I imagine it would be very much like stuffed cucumbers, aka Gorilla
Sandwiches except using pickles.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> Do you eat these? If so... What do you stuff them with? I have a
>> recipe that I got from a Mexican cookbook from the library many years
>> ago. It's basically a dill pickle cut in half lengthwise, hollowed out
>> and stuffed with tuna. You chop up the pickle centers and add this to
>> tuna and a little mayo, then stuff it back in. Always meant to try it
>> but never did.
>>
>> I sometimes do peanut butter pickles. I just cut in half lengthwise,
>> blot off the juice from the cut sides, spread one half with peanut butter
>> then put the other half back on. Yum!

> I imagine it would be very much like stuffed cucumbers, aka Gorilla
> Sandwiches except using pickles.

Yes! You could do that too! Have you had a Gorilla Sandwich? I have only
seen them online. Not in person.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>> Do you eat these? If so... What do you stuff them with? I have a
>>> recipe that I got from a Mexican cookbook from the library many years
>>> ago. It's basically a dill pickle cut in half lengthwise, hollowed out
>>> and stuffed with tuna. You chop up the pickle centers and add this to
>>> tuna and a little mayo, then stuff it back in. Always meant to try it
>>> but never did.
>>>
>>> I sometimes do peanut butter pickles. I just cut in half lengthwise,
>>> blot off the juice from the cut sides, spread one half with peanut
>>> butter then put the other half back on. Yum!

>> I imagine it would be very much like stuffed cucumbers, aka Gorilla
>> Sandwiches except using pickles.

> Yes! You could do that too! Have you had a Gorilla Sandwich? I have
> only seen them online. Not in person.

Yes, I believe you had mentioned it once, so I did it with a fairly large
cucumber, stuffed with tuna, it was good.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> I imagine it would be very much like stuffed cucumbers, aka Gorilla
>>> Sandwiches except using pickles.

>> Yes! You could do that too! Have you had a Gorilla Sandwich? I have
>> only seen them online. Not in person.
>>

> Yes, I believe you had mentioned it once, so I did it with a fairly large
> cucumber, stuffed with tuna, it was good.

Excellent!

What are pickles? Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 103 25-01-2014 11:06 AM
Bread and Butter Pickles vs Yum Yum Pickles WLinington General Cooking 19 29-10-2009 11:56 PM
Pickles fred General Cooking 17 13-06-2007 03:57 PM
hot pickles grawun General Cooking 18 04-12-2006 03:43 PM
Barb's Smokey Bacon & Swiss Stuffed Pickles Mr Libido Incognito General Cooking 0 21-05-2006 01:37 AM