Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default what do you do with overcooked lamb?

Hi All,

First off, no jokes, unless they are funny.

Second, what can you do to make an overcooked leg of
lamb palatable?

:'( :'( :'(

Many thanks,
-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> First off, no jokes, unless they are funny.
>
> Second, what can you do to make an overcooked leg of
> lamb palatable?

I would pull it off the bone and shred it, then simmer in some kind of
sauce, treating it like, say, pulled pork. What kind of sauce would
depend on how you seasoned it in the first place.

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 02/05/2013 01:18 PM, Alice Faber wrote:
> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> First off, no jokes, unless they are funny.
>>
>> Second, what can you do to make an overcooked leg of
>> lamb palatable?

> I would pull it off the bone and shred it, then simmer in some kind of
> sauce, treating it like, say, pulled pork. What kind of sauce would
> depend on how you seasoned it in the first place.

Hi Alice,

It was a boneless leg of lamb. The parts in the middle seem
okay still.

The seasoning was garlic, rosemary, and oregano.

What kind of sauce would you recommend?

Many thanks,
-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 02/05/2013 01:18 PM, Alice Faber wrote:
> > In article >, Todd >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> First off, no jokes, unless they are funny.
> >>
> >> Second, what can you do to make an overcooked leg of
> >> lamb palatable?

> > I would pull it off the bone and shred it, then simmer in some kind of
> > sauce, treating it like, say, pulled pork. What kind of sauce would
> > depend on how you seasoned it in the first place.

> Hi Alice,
>
> It was a boneless leg of lamb. The parts in the middle seem
> okay still.
>
> The seasoning was garlic, rosemary, and oregano.
>
> What kind of sauce would you recommend?

That leaves out the Mexican seasonings I'd use for pulled pork, as well
as barbecue sauce.

If it were my lamb I were rescuing, I'd probably chop an onion and saute
it until it's translucent, and add some vegetable broth, then mix in the
shredded meat and cook over low heat, adding more liquid if needed.

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 02/05/2013 02:29 PM, Alice Faber wrote:
> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:
>
>> On 02/05/2013 01:18 PM, Alice Faber wrote:

>>> I would pull it off the bone and shred it, then simmer in some kind of
>>> sauce, treating it like, say, pulled pork. What kind of sauce would
>>> depend on how you seasoned it in the first place.

>> Hi Alice,
>>
>> It was a boneless leg of lamb. The parts in the middle seem
>> okay still.
>>
>> The seasoning was garlic, rosemary, and oregano.
>>
>> What kind of sauce would you recommend?
>>

> That leaves out the Mexican seasonings I'd use for pulled pork, as well
> as barbecue sauce.
>
> If it were my lamb I were rescuing, I'd probably chop an onion and saute
> it until it's translucent, and add some vegetable broth, then mix in the
> shredded meat and cook over low heat, adding more liquid if needed.

Thank you!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 02/05/2013 06:46 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> When I use garlic in a roast I make slivers and stick them in slits I sut
> in the meat so the garlic flavor can permeate the meat. did you pee those
> garlic cloves you use with the lamb? You must do that at least!

Hi Wendy,

Oh I knew better. I just forgot.

Will look for stuff more designed for my facilities.
You learn more from your mistakes than your successes.
Or so I am told. :'(

Thank you for the tips. Slivers would be easier
than crushing it. I did peal it.

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alice Faber wrote:

> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:
>
>> On 02/05/2013 01:18 PM, Alice Faber wrote:

>> > I would pull it off the bone and shred it, then simmer in some kind of
>> > sauce, treating it like, say, pulled pork. What kind of sauce would
>> > depend on how you seasoned it in the first place.

>> Hi Alice,
>>
>> It was a boneless leg of lamb. The parts in the middle seem
>> okay still.
>>
>> The seasoning was garlic, rosemary, and oregano.
>>
>> What kind of sauce would you recommend?
>>

> That leaves out the Mexican seasonings I'd use for pulled pork, as well
> as barbecue sauce.
>
> If it were my lamb I were rescuing, I'd probably chop an onion and saute
> it until it's translucent, and add some vegetable broth, then mix in the
> shredded meat and cook over low heat, adding more liquid if needed.

Some cubed celery root. Traditionally we use carrots, but cooked carrots
have too much sugary carbs. This is turning into a lamb fricassee, which is
yummy! :-)