Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Alice Faber Alice Faber is offline

Default what do you do with overcooked lamb?

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 02/05/2013 01:18 PM, Alice Faber wrote:
> > In article >, Todd >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> First off, no jokes, unless they are funny.
> >>
> >> Second, what can you do to make an overcooked leg of
> >> lamb palatable?

> > I would pull it off the bone and shred it, then simmer in some kind of
> > sauce, treating it like, say, pulled pork. What kind of sauce would
> > depend on how you seasoned it in the first place.

> Hi Alice,
>
> It was a boneless leg of lamb. The parts in the middle seem
> okay still.
>
> The seasoning was garlic, rosemary, and oregano.
>
> What kind of sauce would you recommend?

That leaves out the Mexican seasonings I'd use for pulled pork, as well
as barbecue sauce.

If it were my lamb I were rescuing, I'd probably chop an onion and saute
it until it's translucent, and add some vegetable broth, then mix in the
shredded meat and cook over low heat, adding more liquid if needed.

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet