Old 01-09-2012, 04:48 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Beyond Meat chicken substitute

http://beyondmeat.com/products/

This might be useful, I haven't tried the product,
it is low carb for a meat substitute.

basilisk

Old 01-09-2012, 07:15 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

basilisk wrote:

: http://beyondmeat.com/products/

: This might be useful, I haven't tried the product,
: it is low carb for a meat substitute.

: basilisk

: --
: A wink is as good as a nod to a blind horse

For reasons of not mixing meat and milk in a recipe for religious reasons,
I occaionally use a meat substitute, but not often a dairy one, such as
soy or almond milk. I find the Trader Joe's Beefless beef good in mixed
dishes as it adds a good, meaty texture. I used it last in a moussaka
arecipe as I was tired of the dairy substitutes and wanted real dairy, and
it worked out well. If ou have no religious, allergic or vegetarian
reason for using these, I see no reason to just use them.

Wendy
Old 01-09-2012, 09:57 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 9/1/2012 10:48 AM, basilisk wrote:

http://beyondmeat.com/products/

This might be useful, I haven't tried the product,
it is low carb for a meat substitute.

basilisk

What's wrong with organic chicken?

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Old 01-09-2012, 10:34 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 9/1/2012 10:48 AM, basilisk wrote:

http://beyondmeat.com/products/

This might be useful, I haven't tried the product,
it is low carb for a meat substitute.

basilisk

What's wrong with organic chicken?

I have always found them to be condescending and
decidedly stuffy, particularly in election years.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:18 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"basilisk" wrote in message

spam link snipped

This might be useful, I haven't tried the product,
it is low carb for a meat substitute.

Why would anyone need a meat substitute? I don't eat a lot of meat because
frankly I don't like it. And yes I have been on a vegan diet. I eat beans.
Not soy beans. I don't think those are a healthy thing to eat. And I sure
don't want *my* meat substitute to look or taste like meat. Cuz... There's
a reason I don't eat it. Yep.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:22 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
basilisk wrote:

: http://beyondmeat.com/products/

: This might be useful, I haven't tried the product,
: it is low carb for a meat substitute.

: basilisk

: --
: A wink is as good as a nod to a blind horse

For reasons of not mixing meat and milk in a recipe for religious reasons,
I occaionally use a meat substitute, but not often a dairy one, such as
soy or almond milk. I find the Trader Joe's Beefless beef good in mixed
dishes as it adds a good, meaty texture. I used it last in a moussaka
arecipe as I was tired of the dairy substitutes and wanted real dairy, and
it worked out well. If ou have no religious, allergic or vegetarian
reason for using these, I see no reason to just use them.

I see no reason to use them period! There are plenty of things that are not
meat that are actually good tasting, whole foods.

I did buy Boca burgers in the past. They did taste good and we ate a lot of
them. That was before I realized how bad soy was for the thyroid. You
couldn't pay me to eat them now. Once in a while I will buy Sunshine
Burgers. They're made of beans but not soybeans. I actually haven't bought
any in a while. While I do like them, it is cheaper just to buy some beans
and eat those. And I'm not picky like that. I'd just as soon eat the beans
straight from the can.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:23 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 9/1/2012 10:48 AM, basilisk wrote:

http://beyondmeat.com/products/

This might be useful, I haven't tried the product,
it is low carb for a meat substitute.

basilisk

What's wrong with organic chicken?

Well, it's meat. Apparently he or she thinks we are looking for a meat
substitute. I don't think he or she will find any takers here.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:38 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:

: "basilisk" wrote in message
: ...
:
: spam link snipped

: This might be useful, I haven't tried the product,
: it is low carb for a meat substitute.

: Why would anyone need a meat substitute? I don't eat a lot of meat because
: frankly I don't like it. And yes I have been on a vegan diet. I eat beans.
: Not soy beans. I don't think those are a healthy thing to eat. And I sure
: don't want *my* meat substitute to look or taste like meat. Cuz... There's
: a reason I don't eat it. Yep.

many people really like meat very much but can't have it for one reason or
another(gout being one) so they look for something that will simulate meat
for them. Some may have diabetes and read this group , like me , as I
explained for making dishes meat religious requirements.

Wendy

Old 02-09-2012, 10:21 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: "basilisk" wrote in message
: ...
:
: spam link snipped

: This might be useful, I haven't tried the product,
: it is low carb for a meat substitute.

: Why would anyone need a meat substitute? I don't eat a lot of meat
because
: frankly I don't like it. And yes I have been on a vegan diet. I eat
beans.
: Not soy beans. I don't think those are a healthy thing to eat. And I
sure
: don't want *my* meat substitute to look or taste like meat. Cuz...
There's
: a reason I don't eat it. Yep.

many people really like meat very much but can't have it for one reason or
another(gout being one) so they look for something that will simulate meat
for them. Some may have diabetes and read this group , like me , as I
explained for making dishes meat religious requirements.

I should think if you have gout, you will not be looking for a meat
substitute! I have been told by several people since I posted about the
tofu that it is in fact one of the worst things to eat. And that soy in all
forms must be avoided. So whoever told me that it was good was wrong.

I don't really know too much about religious food things because I am just
not religious. But I do know that I would never be seeking out a meat
substitute for any reason.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:32 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:

: "W. Baker" wrote in message
: ...
: Julie Bove wrote:
:
: : "basilisk" wrote in message
: : ...
: :
: : spam link snipped
:
[...]

Yes, but do realize that many peole often make different food hoies than
you do and it does not make them bd, or icky, or stupid or ignorant.

Wendy

Old 02-09-2012, 10:56 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

W. Baker wrote:
Julie Bove wrote:

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

"basilisk" wrote in message

spam link snipped

[...]

I didn't say that it did.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:36 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
"Julie Bove" wrote:

"basilisk" wrote in message

spam link snipped

This might be useful, I haven't tried the product,
it is low carb for a meat substitute.

Why would anyone need a meat substitute? I don't eat a lot of meat because
frankly I don't like it. And yes I have been on a vegan diet. I eat beans.
Not soy beans. I don't think those are a healthy thing to eat. And I sure
don't want *my* meat substitute to look or taste like meat. Cuz... There's
a reason I don't eat it. Yep.

Odd thing about vegan diets, you have to eat B12. I find it strange that
a perfect diet needs a supplement.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or

Old 03-09-2012, 07:58 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Billy" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote:

"basilisk" wrote in message

spam link snipped

This might be useful, I haven't tried the product,
it is low carb for a meat substitute.

Why would anyone need a meat substitute? I don't eat a lot of meat
because
frankly I don't like it. And yes I have been on a vegan diet. I eat
beans.
Not soy beans. I don't think those are a healthy thing to eat. And I
sure
don't want *my* meat substitute to look or taste like meat. Cuz...
There's
a reason I don't eat it. Yep.

Odd thing about vegan diets, you have to eat B12. I find it strange that
a perfect diet needs a supplement.

Nutritional yeast is a good source of B12 and vegan nut cheeses are often
made with it. I don't make them any more but when Angela could eat potatoes
I would do stuffed potatoes with a lot of it mixed in. Also olive oil,
salt, pepper and green onions. We loved them and it made for a good,
filling cheap meal. We would usually have some raw veggies along with it.