Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Beyond Meat chicken substitute

"Billy" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> "basilisk" > wrote in message
>> >

>> <spam link snipped>
>>
>> > This might be useful, I haven't tried the product,
>> > it is low carb for a meat substitute.

>> Why would anyone need a meat substitute? I don't eat a lot of meat
>> because
>> frankly I don't like it. And yes I have been on a vegan diet. I eat
>> beans.
>> Not soy beans. I don't think those are a healthy thing to eat. And I
>> sure
>> don't want *my* meat substitute to look or taste like meat. Cuz...
>> There's
>> a reason I don't eat it. Yep.

> Odd thing about vegan diets, you have to eat B12. I find it strange that
> a perfect diet needs a supplement.

Nutritional yeast is a good source of B12 and vegan nut cheeses are often
made with it. I don't make them any more but when Angela could eat potatoes
I would do stuffed potatoes with a lot of it mixed in. Also olive oil,
salt, pepper and green onions. We loved them and it made for a good,
filling cheap meal. We would usually have some raw veggies along with it.