Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Beyond Meat chicken substitute

basilisk > wrote:

: http://beyondmeat.com/products/

: This might be useful, I haven't tried the product,
: it is low carb for a meat substitute.

: basilisk

: --
: A wink is as good as a nod to a blind horse

For reasons of not mixing meat and milk in a recipe for religious reasons,
I occaionally use a meat substitute, but not often a dairy one, such as
soy or almond milk. I find the Trader Joe's Beefless beef good in mixed
dishes as it adds a good, meaty texture. I used it last in a moussaka
arecipe as I was tired of the dairy substitutes and wanted real dairy, and
it worked out well. If ou have no religious, allergic or vegetarian
reason for using these, I see no reason to just use them.

Wendy