Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Beyond Meat chicken substitute

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "basilisk" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : >
> : <spam link snipped>
>
> : > This might be useful, I haven't tried the product,
> : > it is low carb for a meat substitute.
>
> : Why would anyone need a meat substitute? I don't eat a lot of meat
> because
> : frankly I don't like it. And yes I have been on a vegan diet. I eat
> beans.
> : Not soy beans. I don't think those are a healthy thing to eat. And I
> sure
> : don't want *my* meat substitute to look or taste like meat. Cuz...
> There's
> : a reason I don't eat it. Yep.
>
> many people really like meat very much but can't have it for one reason or
> another(gout being one) so they look for something that will simulate meat
> for them. Some may have diabetes and read this group , like me , as I
> explained for making dishes meat religious requirements.

I should think if you have gout, you will not be looking for a meat
substitute! I have been told by several people since I posted about the
tofu that it is in fact one of the worst things to eat. And that soy in all
forms must be avoided. So whoever told me that it was good was wrong.

I don't really know too much about religious food things because I am just
not religious. But I do know that I would never be seeking out a meat
substitute for any reason.