Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Just had an unusually large breakfast - for me...

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> In alt.support.diabetes Bj?rn Steensrud
> > wrote:
> : wrote:
>
> : > On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 21:06:46 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> >
> : > wrote:
> : >
> : >> That fried tomato thing always struck me as odd. Not common here
> at all.
> : >> I
> : >> did try frying them once. Maybe I didn't do it right but I
> didn't like
> : >> the results.
> : >
> : > Try fried tomato with fried mushrooms and onion, Beautiful!!!
>
> : That will be my Tuesday breakfast.
> : Usually I just have an omelet, with greens from the garden, or in
> winter,
> : flat parsley and chopped spring onion.
> : Followup set :-)
>
> After all this discussion I had a lovely lisghtly fried large tomato
> with
> my fried eggs adn low carb(4 grs a slice) for breakfast. Made it a
> Sunday
> treat instead of just fried eggs anda slice of bread with fake juice
> and
> black coffee. I am delighted that frying them in my sprayed non-stick
> pan, there was no mess to clean up. Of course, I watched them like a
> hawk! thanks for bringing up the tomato idea:-)
>
> Wendy

A change is as good as a holiday I use an electric skillet for
one-person meals. I do spray it but nothing sticks anyway. I only have
to rinse under hot water to clean. There was only myself and Jazz home
for dinner last night. She had Shepherd's pie and I had chicken stir fry
made in my skillet. I wet the pan with some olive oil and did the
chicken first then took that out, sautéed onion, garlic and mushroom and
put in a bunch of cut up fresh vegetables, sprinkled with water and
cooked on a low heat with the lid on for 3-4 minutes, added back the
chicken and a dash of sweet chilli sauce, yum. Veggies still bright
coloured and crisp.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: >
[...]

: chicken first then took that out, saut?ed onion, garlic and mushroom and
: put in a bunch of cut up fresh vegetables, sprinkled with water and
: cooked on a low heat with the lid on for 3-4 minutes, added back the
: chicken and a dash of sweet chilli sauce, yum. Veggies still bright
: coloured and crisp.

That also sounds good. I don't have an electric skillet, but several
non-stick pans. I bought a recommended by America's Test Kitchen, sprayer
so I can use plain olive oil, which doesn't leave the funny coating the
spray cans do adn it works pretty well so far. I will see if it clogs
orgets funny like th Mistos which never worked well for me. I am not
sayign the brand because I forgotthe name and it is not on the pump
sprayer. It also came without instructions, but was very easy to figure
out. So far so good.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"W. Baker" > wrote:

> Ozgirl > wrote:
>

> : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> : >
> : > After all this discussion I had a lovely lisghtly fried large tomato
> : > with
> : > my fried eggs adn low carb(4 grs a slice) for breakfast. Made it a
> : > Sunday
> : > treat instead of just fried eggs anda slice of bread with fake juice
> : > and
> : > black coffee. I am delighted that frying them in my sprayed non-stick
> : > pan, there was no mess to clean up. Of course, I watched them like a
> : > hawk! thanks for bringing up the tomato idea:-)
> : >
> : > Wendy
>
> : A change is as good as a holiday I use an electric skillet for
> : one-person meals. I do spray it but nothing sticks anyway. I only have
> : to rinse under hot water to clean. There was only myself and Jazz home
> : for dinner last night. She had Shepherd's pie and I had chicken stir fry
> : made in my skillet. I wet the pan with some olive oil and did the
> : chicken first then took that out, saut?ed onion, garlic and mushroom and
> : put in a bunch of cut up fresh vegetables, sprinkled with water and
> : cooked on a low heat with the lid on for 3-4 minutes, added back the
> : chicken and a dash of sweet chilli sauce, yum. Veggies still bright
> : coloured and crisp.
>
> That also sounds good. I don't have an electric skillet, but several
> non-stick pans. I bought a recommended by America's Test Kitchen, sprayer
> so I can use plain olive oil, which doesn't leave the funny coating the
> spray cans do adn it works pretty well so far. I will see if it clogs
> orgets funny like th Mistos which never worked well for me. I am not
> sayign the brand because I forgotthe name and it is not on the pump
> sprayer. It also came without instructions, but was very easy to figure
> out. So far so good.

I'll have to check into that. I had Mistos, for the same reason, and
they never worked well.

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet

Sundy Breakfast and Homemade Bacon (was: Sunda Breakfast) Sqwertz General Cooking 3 21-09-2009 06:55 PM
large primaries Tater Winemaking 3 14-07-2007 02:17 PM
large spatula [email protected] Cooking Equipment 6 18-02-2006 01:32 AM
Large Scale Denny_from_MO Sourdough 0 21-01-2006 06:50 AM
a large ham Kurt Barbecue 11 09-12-2004 11:17 AM