Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Denny_from_MO

Default Large Scale

At the risk of starting "another scale" post... I just received my new
Heartland America catalog (a company that Dick pointed me to a couple of
years ago).

The catalog has the DigiWeigh DW-36XP, Postal Scale for $19.99 with free
shipping. With the $2.99 "Order Processing" fee, the total cost was $22.98!
The catalog description only states that it is a 36 lb. scale with accuray
of 0.1 ounce. With some research on the DigiWeigh website, it has a "Mode"
button to switch between pounds or kilograms. It has a capacity for 36 lbs
or 16 kg and an accuracy of 0.1oz/5g. For the $19.99 price, it also comes
with a 9V battery AND an AC adaptor!

Heartland link:
http://www.heartlandamerica.com/brow...5010&DL=SCH11#

DigiWeigh link: http://www.digiweighusa.com/ArticleS...p?ArticleID=40

As an earlier thread pointed out; a large-capacity scale like this one,
with its 5g accuracy, may be good for larger batches of sourdough and also
utilizing a smaller scale for measuring smaller 1g increments of
ingredients.

Denny

--
I can be reached by sending to "my posting name" at that free, Microsoft,
electronic mail service.