Old 20-09-2009, 08:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sundy Breakfast and Homemade Bacon (was: Sunda Breakfast)

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 15:36:05 GMT, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

Buttermilk Pecan Waffles served with a fresh peach and blackberry compote,
along with thick smoked bacon.

A grilled sandwich: Fresh mozzarella and smoked goat cheese with
homemade, cured, unsmoked, thick-sliced garlic pepper bacon (enough
adjectives there?) and shaved pastrami. With 2 eggs over-medium.

This garlic bacon (from pig, not lamb this week) was The Shit.
There's a flavor in here that I can only describe as "eye watering".
It doesn't make your eyes water or anything, or make you want to
cry. It's a different kind of "richness" I've never had in such
quantity or from such small morsels.

Now I see why it's been recommended by professionals to do this at
home rather than buying it from the grocery store.

-sw

Old 21-09-2009, 04:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 14:08:27 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 15:36:05 GMT, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

Buttermilk Pecan Waffles served with a fresh peach and blackberry compote,
along with thick smoked bacon.

A grilled sandwich: Fresh mozzarella and smoked goat cheese with
homemade, cured, unsmoked, thick-sliced garlic pepper bacon (enough
adjectives there?) and shaved pastrami. With 2 eggs over-medium.

This garlic bacon (from pig, not lamb this week) was The Shit.
There's a flavor in here that I can only describe as "eye watering".
It doesn't make your eyes water or anything, or make you want to
cry. It's a different kind of "richness" I've never had in such
quantity or from such small morsels.

Now I see why it's been recommended by professionals to do this at
home rather than buying it from the grocery store.

-sw

seems like you've become a curin' fool, steve. my hat's off to you.

your pal,
blake
Old 21-09-2009, 06:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 15:36:05 GMT, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

Buttermilk Pecan Waffles served with a fresh peach and blackberry
compote,
along with thick smoked bacon.

A grilled sandwich: Fresh mozzarella and smoked goat cheese with
homemade, cured, unsmoked, thick-sliced garlic pepper bacon (enough
adjectives there?) and shaved pastrami. With 2 eggs over-medium.

This garlic bacon (from pig, not lamb this week) was The Shit.
There's a flavor in here that I can only describe as "eye watering".
It doesn't make your eyes water or anything, or make you want to
cry. It's a different kind of "richness" I've never had in such
quantity or from such small morsels.

Now I see why it's been recommended by professionals to do this at
home rather than buying it from the grocery store.

-sw

I don't think anyone cares what you eat. There's not one word about how you
created it, and what was unique about it.

Old 21-09-2009, 06:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 10:18:43 -0700, Theron wrote:

I don't think anyone cares what you eat. There's not one word about how you
created it, and what was unique about it.

Did I miss the Memo from God that said, "Kent Hagen is the New
Christ?"

-sw