Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Stuffed Shells, a success!

The only problem I had is that I cooked the whole package (4 servings) of
shells. I feared that some shells might break in cooking. That didn't
happen. There were some shells broken in the package though so I decided I
may as well just cook them all. The leftovers may or may not get eaten. I
used the right amount of spinach (2 handfuls) which I chopped before cooking
and some ground flaxseed mixed with water for the egg. I also used Wolfgang
Puck's pasta sauce. The jar said 4 servings and it was just the right
amount for 2 servings of the shells because you do want them well covered.
Angela loved it! Thanks to those who helped me with this.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

yay!

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> The only problem I had is that I cooked the whole package (4 servings)
> of shells. I feared that some shells might break in cooking. That
> didn't happen. There were some shells broken in the package though so
> I decided I may as well just cook them all. The leftovers may or may
> not get eaten. I used the right amount of spinach (2 handfuls) which
> I chopped before cooking and some ground flaxseed mixed with water for
> the egg. I also used Wolfgang Puck's pasta sauce. The jar said 4
> servings and it was just the right amount for 2 servings of the shells
> because you do want them well covered. Angela loved it! Thanks to
> those who helped me with this.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl > wrote:
: yay!

: "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
: ...
: > The only problem I had is that I cooked the whole package (4 servings)
: > of shells. I feared that some shells might break in cooking. That
: > didn't happen. There were some shells broken in the package though so
: > I decided I may as well just cook them all. The leftovers may or may
: > not get eaten. I used the right amount of spinach (2 handfuls) which
: > I chopped before cooking and some ground flaxseed mixed with water for
: > the egg. I also used Wolfgang Puck's pasta sauce. The jar said 4
: > servings and it was just the right amount for 2 servings of the shells
: > because you do want them well covered. Angela loved it! Thanks to
: > those who helped me with this.
: >
: >
Glad they came out well for you why not have them for dinner tomorrow
nihgt or the nixt night as long as you have leftovers.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Ozgirl > wrote:
> : yay!
>
> : "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > The only problem I had is that I cooked the whole package (4 servings)
> : > of shells. I feared that some shells might break in cooking. That
> : > didn't happen. There were some shells broken in the package though so
> : > I decided I may as well just cook them all. The leftovers may or may
> : > not get eaten. I used the right amount of spinach (2 handfuls) which
> : > I chopped before cooking and some ground flaxseed mixed with water for
> : > the egg. I also used Wolfgang Puck's pasta sauce. The jar said 4
> : > servings and it was just the right amount for 2 servings of the shells
> : > because you do want them well covered. Angela loved it! Thanks to
> : > those who helped me with this.
> : >
> : >
> Glad they came out well for you why not have them for dinner tomorrow
> nihgt or the nixt night as long as you have leftovers.

I only have the pasta left over. And we're not supposed to eat dairy two
days in a row.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Ozgirl > wrote:
: > : yay!
: >
: > : "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
: > : ...
: > : > The only problem I had is that I cooked the whole package (4 servings)
: > : > of shells. I feared that some shells might break in cooking. That
: > : > didn't happen. There were some shells broken in the package though so
: > : > I decided I may as well just cook them all. The leftovers may or may
: > : > not get eaten. I used the right amount of spinach (2 handfuls) which
: > : > I chopped before cooking and some ground flaxseed mixed with water for
: > : > the egg. I also used Wolfgang Puck's pasta sauce. The jar said 4
: > : > servings and it was just the right amount for 2 servings of the shells
: > : > because you do want them well covered. Angela loved it! Thanks to
: > : > those who helped me with this.
: > : >
: > : >
: > Glad they came out well for you why not have them for dinner tomorrow
: > nihgt or the nixt night as long as you have leftovers.

: I only have the pasta left over. And we're not supposed to eat dairy two
: days in a row.

So skip a day adn then use them. Rewarm by dipping in hot water to make
easier fo fill.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > Ozgirl > wrote:
> : > : yay!
> : >
> : > : "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> : > : ...
> : > : > The only problem I had is that I cooked the whole package (4
> servings)
> : > : > of shells. I feared that some shells might break in cooking.
> That
> : > : > didn't happen. There were some shells broken in the package
> though so
> : > : > I decided I may as well just cook them all. The leftovers may or
> may
> : > : > not get eaten. I used the right amount of spinach (2 handfuls)
> which
> : > : > I chopped before cooking and some ground flaxseed mixed with water
> for
> : > : > the egg. I also used Wolfgang Puck's pasta sauce. The jar said 4
> : > : > servings and it was just the right amount for 2 servings of the
> shells
> : > : > because you do want them well covered. Angela loved it! Thanks to
> : > : > those who helped me with this.
> : > : >
> : > : >
> : > Glad they came out well for you why not have them for dinner tomorrow
> : > nihgt or the nixt night as long as you have leftovers.
>
> : I only have the pasta left over. And we're not supposed to eat dairy
> two
> : days in a row.
>
> So skip a day adn then use them. Rewarm by dipping in hot water to make
> easier fo fill.

We can not have any more dairy this week! Plus the remaining shells are not
all intact. Plus this is not something I think we would want to eat more
than once a week. It was very rich. I also don't have the stuff the make
the filling. Plus I will not be cooking at home for the remainder of the
week. Exception being tonight.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Julie Bove > wrote:
: >
: > : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: > : ...
: > : > Ozgirl > wrote:
: > : > : yay!
: > : >
: > : > : "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
: > : > : ...
[...]
: > : > : >
: > : > : >
: > : > Glad they came out well for you why not have them for dinner tomorrow
: > : > nihgt or the nixt night as long as you have leftovers.
: >
: > : I only have the pasta left over. And we're not supposed to eat dairy
: > two
: > : days in a row.
: >
: > So skip a day adn then use them. Rewarm by dipping in hot water to make
: > easier fo fill.

: We can not have any more dairy this week! Plus the remaining shells are not
: all intact. Plus this is not something I think we would want to eat more
: than once a week. It was very rich. I also don't have the stuff the make
: the filling. Plus I will not be cooking at home for the remainder of the
: week. Exception being tonight.

So cut up the shells and serve with some sauce or whatever you might
like. It is a shame to wste good food, paricularly expensive no gluten
pasta.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > Julie Bove > wrote:
> : >
> : > : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> : > : ...
> : > : > Ozgirl > wrote:
> : > : > : yay!
> : > : >
> : > : > : "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> : > : > : ...
> : > : > : > The only problem I had is that I cooked the whole package (4
> : > servings)
> : > : > : > of shells. I feared that some shells might break in cooking.
> : > That
> : > : > : > didn't happen. There were some shells broken in the package
> : > though so
> : > : > : > I decided I may as well just cook them all. The leftovers may
> or
> : > may
> : > : > : > not get eaten. I used the right amount of spinach (2
> handfuls)
> : > which
> : > : > : > I chopped before cooking and some ground flaxseed mixed with
> water
> : > for
> : > : > : > the egg. I also used Wolfgang Puck's pasta sauce. The jar
> said 4
> : > : > : > servings and it was just the right amount for 2 servings of
> the
> : > shells
> : > : > : > because you do want them well covered. Angela loved it!
> Thanks to
> : > : > : > those who helped me with this.
> : > : > : >
> : > : > : >
> : > : > Glad they came out well for you why not have them for dinner
> tomorrow
> : > : > nihgt or the nixt night as long as you have leftovers.
> : >
> : > : I only have the pasta left over. And we're not supposed to eat
> dairy
> : > two
> : > : days in a row.
> : >
> : > So skip a day adn then use them. Rewarm by dipping in hot water to
> make
> : > easier fo fill.
>
> : We can not have any more dairy this week! Plus the remaining shells are
> not
> : all intact. Plus this is not something I think we would want to eat more
> : than once a week. It was very rich. I also don't have the stuff the
> make
> : the filling. Plus I will not be cooking at home for the remainder of the
> : week. Exception being tonight.
>
> So cut up the shells and serve with some sauce or whatever you might
> like. It is a shame to wste good food, paricularly expensive no gluten
> pasta.

Well I guess you can consider it a shame. There is no shame in my family in
not eating food that you don't want to eat. And we didn't want to eat it so
we didn't. And I don't really like pasta enough to want to eat it twice in
a week.

Stuffed shells. Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 69 09-03-2012 04:08 PM
stuffed shells? [email protected] General Cooking 157 10-04-2011 05:18 PM
stuffed shells sf General Cooking 9 14-05-2006 02:35 PM
Stuffed shells? sarah bennett General Cooking 16 15-10-2005 07:01 PM
stuffed pasta shells El21 General Cooking 1 31-12-2003 04:19 PM