Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default stuffed shells

Oh, man - I haven't made any in so long! I should do it soon.
http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking...kage_id=701771
or
http://tinyurl.com/zbwef
--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 11 May 2006 08:52:57p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?

> Oh, man - I haven't made any in so long! I should do it soon.
> http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking...n=displayRecip
> e&recipe_id=428921&package_id=701771 or
> http://tinyurl.com/zbwef

That recipe looks delicious, Barbara, but I would have to ditch the spinach
in the filling and puree the tomatoes in the sauce in order to get David to
eat it. :-(

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12 May 2006 06:05:45 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Thu 11 May 2006 08:52:57p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?
>
> > Oh, man - I haven't made any in so long! I should do it soon.
> > http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking...n=displayRecip
> > e&recipe_id=428921&package_id=701771 or
> > http://tinyurl.com/zbwef

> That recipe looks delicious, Barbara, but I would have to ditch the spinach
> in the filling and puree the tomatoes in the sauce in order to get David to
> eat it. :-(

OK, puree the tomatoes.... but I need to have a long talk with that
boy about spinach fillings.

--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 11 May 2006 09:13:50p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?

> On 12 May 2006 06:05:45 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> On Thu 11 May 2006 08:52:57p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?
>>
>> > Oh, man - I haven't made any in so long! I should do it soon.
>> > http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking...ction=displayR
>> > ecip e&recipe_id=428921&package_id=701771 or
>> > http://tinyurl.com/zbwef

>> That recipe looks delicious, Barbara, but I would have to ditch the
>> spinach in the filling and puree the tomatoes in the sauce in order to
>> get David to eat it. :-(

> OK, puree the tomatoes.... but I need to have a long talk with that
> boy about spinach fillings.

I wish someone would! I made a delicious creamed spinach for dinner last
night. Of course, I didn't expect him to actually eat any, but he refused
to even taste it claiming it would make him throw up. Years ago I gave up
encouraging eating foods he claims will make him "sick". :-(

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Thu 11 May 2006 08:52:57p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?
>
>> Oh, man - I haven't made any in so long! I should do it soon.
>> http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking...n=displayRecip
>> e&recipe_id=428921&package_id=701771 or
>> http://tinyurl.com/zbwef

> That recipe looks delicious, Barbara, but I would have to ditch the
> spinach in the filling and puree the tomatoes in the sauce in order
> to get David to eat it. :-(

I am soooo glad John and I both love the same foods! More spinach for us!
<G>

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote in
:

> Oh, man - I haven't made any in so long! I should do it soon.
> http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking...ion=displayRec
> ipe&recipe_id=428921&package_id=701771 or
> http://tinyurl.com/zbwef

sf,

"Spoon or pipe 1 tablespoon cheese mixture into each shell."

???

You don't do 1 tablespoon into a jumbo shell!!! You fill them to
overflowing.

>Barbara Seelig Brown
>Cooking Light, MARCH 2003

Cooking light, yeah right!

http://pasta.allrecipes.com/az/StffdShllsIII.asp

Read the reviews for additions/corrections/ommisions.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 May 2006 07:19:28 -0500, Andy wrote:

> sf > wrote in
> :
>
> > Oh, man - I haven't made any in so long! I should do it soon.
> > http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking...ion=displayRec
> > ipe&recipe_id=428921&package_id=701771 or
> > http://tinyurl.com/zbwef

> sf,
>
> "Spoon or pipe 1 tablespoon cheese mixture into each shell."
>
> ???
>
> You don't do 1 tablespoon into a jumbo shell!!! You fill them to
> overflowing.
>
> >Barbara Seelig Brown
> >Cooking Light, MARCH 2003

> Cooking light, yeah right!
>
> http://pasta.allrecipes.com/az/StffdShllsIII.asp
>
> Read the reviews for additions/corrections/ommisions.

Frankly, I would have changed more than that one little measurement...
but didn't feel like posting about that. I think most people have
gone through their stuffed shell phase and know perfectly well what to
do. I was posting a reminder about stuffed shells for them - and for
me.
--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> Oh, man - I haven't made any in so long! I should do it soon.
> http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking...kage_id=701771
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/zbwef

I hesitate to mention it cause i don't have a precise recipe, but a
combination of finely ground breast meat of chicken and a puree of
shrimp with a bit of garlic and lemon juice, finely minced shallots, s &
p, to stuff the shell with and serve with a nice bÈchamel is very good.

pre cooked shells are stuffed with the meat mix and baked in a medium
oven for about 15 - 20 minutes, i have used butter to baste with but
usually use the bÈchamel over the stuffed shells with some more on the
side to serve with.
---
JL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene wrote:

> On Sat, 13 May 2006 18:27:27 GMT, Joseph Littleshoes
> > wrote:
>

>>I hesitate to mention it cause i don't have a precise recipe,

> Has anyone here ever complained because of an imprecise recipe? I
> would be surprised by that.

I have.

> serene, a little of this, a little of that

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 13 May 2006 10:37:16p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Joseph
Littleshoes?

> Serene wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 13 May 2006 18:27:27 GMT, Joseph Littleshoes
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>I hesitate to mention it cause i don't have a precise recipe,

>> Has anyone here ever complained because of an imprecise recipe? I
>> would be surprised by that.
>>

> I have.

LOL! You would. :-)

--