Old 27-02-2012, 05:44 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Are there foods you've never eaten?

mine will eaat it, but often i have lamb and he has beef, his logic is that
at what it costs, you should enjoy it more than he does, Lee
"Evelyn" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 23:14:43 -0700, Tiger Lily wrote:

On 2/24/2012 3:38 AM, Storrmmee wrote:
i understand that, i love hot food dh does not but when we are out i get
my
hot fix, Lee

sounds like the only times i'm allowed liver n onions for dinner! LOL

kate

When my husband is out, is when I get to enjoy lamb. He doesn't eat
it, but I love it.

Evelyn

Old 27-02-2012, 05:45 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

we do this
"Evelyn" wrote in message
On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 21:40:15 +1000, "Ozgirl"
wrote:

"Evelyn" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 23:14:43 -0700, Tiger Lily wrote:

On 2/24/2012 3:38 AM, Storrmmee wrote:
i understand that, i love hot food dh does not but when we are out i
get my
hot fix, Lee

sounds like the only times i'm allowed liver n onions for dinner! LOL

kate

When my husband is out, is when I get to enjoy lamb. He doesn't eat
it, but I love it.

Evelyn

I love lamb but it does have a "taste". One of my boys prefers to have
steak or chicken breast at just about every evening meal. One prefers
pork but will eat chicken (but on bones), eats some lamb (usually chops)
but prefers anything crumbed. One likes something different every night

We all like to eat something different every night, but in our case
since there are only two of us, I often have leftovers which I am
loath to toss out, so we sometimes do eat a second meal of whatever it
is.

I made chicken milanese one day, the next day the leftover cutlets
were topped with sauce and mozzarella cheese, and become chicken
parmesan.

In some cases I will take the leftover meat, slice it and put it into
the leftover gravy, and freeze it for a quickie meat and gravy entree
at a later date when I don't have the time to make something new. By
that time it is "new" again to us.

Evelyn

Old 27-02-2012, 05:55 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

mine has gotten much better over the years, i think when he realized that
the cooked bulk food was a good thing, he also realised that on the things
we do not bulk cook its even better, Lee
"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

Sometimes I am tired when I come home from shopping and instead of
separating bulk meat/poultry, I toss it in the freezer as is. When I
defrost I tend to use it all up over the next 2-3 days. The kids just
have to suck it up I am not a superwoman and as I say, anyone who
wants to take over the job is more than welcome

I'm trying to teach dh to separate and package, but so far...not so good.
I like my chickens cleaned up and packaged...ready to go, and I like
ground meat, chops, steaks etc., separated into portions that will be
eaten, but if not, oh well. :-)

Cheri

Old 28-02-2012, 12:22 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
Evelyn wrote:

When my husband is out, is when I get to enjoy lamb. He doesn't eat
it, but I love it.

When I was growing up, my father would go to professional conventions a
couple of times a year. While he was away we had veal, fish, anything
that was subtly flavored, since he didn't care for those.

PP