Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default Are there foods you've never eaten?

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 09:21:39 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> wrote:

>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 21:40:15 +1000, "Ozgirl"
>> > wrote:

>>>I love lamb but it does have a "taste". One of my boys prefers to have
>>>steak or chicken breast at just about every evening meal. One prefers
>>>pork but will eat chicken (but on bones), eats some lamb (usually
>>>chops)
>>>but prefers anything crumbed. One likes something different every
>>>night
>>>

>> We all like to eat something different every night, but in our case
>> since there are only two of us, I often have leftovers which I am
>> loath to toss out, so we sometimes do eat a second meal of whatever it
>> is.
>>
>> I made chicken milanese one day, the next day the leftover cutlets
>> were topped with sauce and mozzarella cheese, and become chicken
>> parmesan.
>>
>> In some cases I will take the leftover meat, slice it and put it into
>> the leftover gravy, and freeze it for a quickie meat and gravy entree
>> at a later date when I don't have the time to make something new. By
>> that time it is "new" again to us.

>Sometimes I am tired when I come home from shopping and instead of
>separating bulk meat/poultry, I toss it in the freezer as is. When I
>defrost I tend to use it all up over the next 2-3 days. The kids just
>have to suck it up I am not a superwoman and as I say, anyone who
>wants to take over the job is more than welcome

I always end up regretting it when I do that. I try to separate and
bag meat up by smaller portions too, but occasionally I get lazy about
it. The reason I had so very many chicken cutlets is because I did
that..... put the whole package in the freezer without separating
them.

Evelyn