Old 06-02-2012, 02:39 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Are there foods you've never eaten?

On 2/3/2012 10:32 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
escargo is really weird, done correctly i can eat one or two and enjoy but
done badly it will gag me, Lee

ya, i agree! LOL

Old 06-02-2012, 02:39 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 2/3/2012 10:33 PM, Tiger Lily wrote:
On 2/3/2012 10:32 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
escargo is really weird, done correctly i can eat one or two and enjoy
but
done badly it will gag me, Lee

ya, one, maybe 2 and i'm more than done with escargot!

it better be done WELL!

kate

that statement is done WELL not well DONE (over cooked!)

and my newsgroups are going funky, i haven't been able to open this
thread for a week now

kate
Old 06-02-2012, 02:41 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 05 Feb 2012 19:33:32 -0700, Tiger Lily wrote:

On 1/30/2012 9:58 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
Actually I own the newsgroup. I bought it using my Pinecone Research
checks. Seeing as how I only get $3.00 per survey you can imagine how long
it took me to save up for it. But now it's mine, all mine! Bwahahaha! The
power is going to my head!

you go!

kate

She apparently already went......

Off the deep end.

Damian
Old 06-02-2012, 02:42 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 2/5/2012 7:39 PM, Tiger Lily wrote:
On 2/3/2012 10:33 PM, Tiger Lily wrote:
On 2/3/2012 10:32 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
escargo is really weird, done correctly i can eat one or two and enjoy
but
done badly it will gag me, Lee

ya, one, maybe 2 and i'm more than done with escargot!

it better be done WELL!

kate

that statement is done WELL not well DONE (over cooked!)

and my newsgroups are going funky, i haven't been able to open this
thread for a week now

kate

okay, couple of days, but there were so many posts predating my last
post on this thread....... very weird

kate
Old 06-02-2012, 03:33 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
On 1/30/2012 9:51 PM, pavane wrote:
wrote in message
please how does this answer her question? Lee

It doesn't, nor was it intended to. It was intended to provide an item
of possible interest to any of the newsgroup readers who might have
been curious about varieties of food (for reference, note the subject
title of the original posting.) I was not aware that she owns the
newsgroup or its contents. I am not aware that you do either.

If you feel that the content of this or any newsgroup must conform
to what she, or you, feel is the proper subject matter of a free
discourse please say so. Include your rules of censorship and
penalties for free speech. Shame on you, Lee.

pavane

POOF

gotta love filters

Oooh, after six full days an assault, a biting cutting critique
of a most negative vile sort. I am crestfallen; ah woe, alas,
mea maxima culpa. And the Patriots lost also; has the
limitless mercy of the Almighty finally hit a speedbump?
I am crestfallen, truly bereft of any semblance of joy.

pavane, woefully filtered.

Old 06-02-2012, 04:21 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
You bet, Lee

but, it took me a year or so to 'get back on my feet again'

and...... i'm thrilled, no more bland pre-weighed food that must come
separately (heaven forbid we have a casserole!)

but, i like FLAVOUR in my food

When I had GD I made most everything as a casserole unless I was eating a
salad. I found it easier to factor in casserole form. I would simply add
up the counts for everything that went in there and then divide it by 4 or 6
or 8 or whatever worked out best. Woe be to anyone that dared take a
portion that wasn't an exact square, rectangle or wedge because then it
would mess me up!

Old 06-02-2012, 09:00 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Well, there were no details as to when the lesson would be....... no
date, no time........ by time i found someone who could answer the
question, i was told the offer had expired

sigh

next time!

kate

On 2/3/2012 10:31 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
please report back on the food and the lessons, Lee
"Tiger wrote in message
On 2/2/2012 11:54 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
i bet you adjusted well and still can find great items whilst staying on
your eating plan... i just love new tstes and i love deconstructing
recipes
we eat out, Lee

oh, you have it Lee!!

fortunately, i LOVE spices and......... 'cultural foods'?? for lack of a
better word (versus over cooked roast and veggies cooked to mush with the
standard 1/2 plate of potatoes, some days even with gravy!) LOL

i don't eat as MUCH as i used to, but i eat BETTER every day in every way

now, time to check the N Indian food cooking lessons followed by BUFFET
for $39/head......... 3 hours of lessons, all you can eat and your choice
of wine or beer

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm yup, that's double what i'd spend on a meal, but think
that's going to be a GREAT lesson! ((we've had samosa's and such from that
restaurant via friends before))

kate

Old 06-02-2012, 10:37 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Jan 31, 9:58*am, "Storrmmee" wrote:
hadn't heard of those... i have eaten chocolate covered grasshppers, but
thats as far as bugdom/food goes for me, another thing i am not interested
in are those foods that include eyeballs of goats/camels, Lee

May I interest you in pig ear in aspic? My Grandfather(RIP) liked
eating that stuff. I don't know how to make it, but you can bet your
sweet bippies I won't be eating it any time soon.
If I was a starving man, mad with hunger, lost for weeks in the bush
and I was offered pig ear in aspic, I'd turn it down.
I do like my pig tails though.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:28 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

A Moose in Love wrote:
On Jan 31, 9:58 am, "Storrmmee" wrote:
hadn't heard of those... i have eaten chocolate covered grasshppers,
but thats as far as bugdom/food goes for me, another thing i am not
interested in are those foods that include eyeballs of goats/camels,
Lee

May I interest you in pig ear in aspic? My Grandfather(RIP) liked
eating that stuff. I don't know how to make it, but you can bet your
sweet bippies I won't be eating it any time soon.
If I was a starving man, mad with hunger, lost for weeks in the bush
and I was offered pig ear in aspic, I'd turn it down.
I do like my pig tails though.

One of my past hobbies was collecting old cookbooks. As in really old. I
saw more things put in aspic in those things than I cared to. I've never
eaten aspic and don't care to.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:42 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

:
: May I interest you in pig ear in aspic? My Grandfather(RIP) liked
: eating that stuff. I don't know how to make it, but you can bet your
: sweet bippies I won't be eating it any time soon.
: If I was a starving man, mad with hunger, lost for weeks in the bush
: and I was offered pig ear in aspic, I'd turn it down.
: I do like my pig tails though.

: One of my past hobbies was collecting old cookbooks. As in really old. I
: saw more things put in aspic in those things than I cared to. I've never
: eaten aspic and don't care to.
Think clear , unsweetened jello with something in it which could well be
something you like. In wel made, homemade gefilte fish, the gelled broth
surrounding the refrigerated fish is quite delicious and, i suppose, is
technically an aspic. No need for pigs ears of calves feet etc surrounded
by aspic, but often quite nice things too.

Wendy

Old 07-02-2012, 03:17 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:
: A Moose in Love wrote:
[...]

I don't like Jell-O.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:50 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
"W. Baker" wrote:

Think clear , unsweetened jello with something in it which could well be
something you like. In wel made, homemade gefilte fish, the gelled broth
surrounding the refrigerated fish is quite delicious and, i suppose, is
technically an aspic. No need for pigs ears of calves feet etc surrounded
by aspic, but often quite nice things too.

I like aspic very much. When I was young my mother made several guest
dishes which were things in aspic.

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Old 08-02-2012, 08:11 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 2/6/2012 3:37 PM, A Moose in Love wrote:
On Jan 31, 9:58 am, wrote:
hadn't heard of those... i have eaten chocolate covered grasshppers, but
thats as far as bugdom/food goes for me, another thing i am not interested
in are those foods that include eyeballs of goats/camels, Lee

May I interest you in pig ear in aspic? My Grandfather(RIP) liked
eating that stuff. I don't know how to make it, but you can bet your
sweet bippies I won't be eating it any time soon.
If I was a starving man, mad with hunger, lost for weeks in the bush
and I was offered pig ear in aspic, I'd turn it down.
I do like my pig tails though.

Beef Tongue Aspic

hey, it's good!

kate
Old 08-02-2012, 08:13 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 2/7/2012 7:42 AM, W. Baker wrote:
Julie wrote:
: A Moose in Love wrote:
: On Jan 31, 9:58 am, wrote:
[...]

i am shaking my head

gelatin is so good for us

hint: look up what aspic is (not you Wendy, you have it already)
Old 11-02-2012, 09:38 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 2/10/2012 2:56 PM, vanillabeans18 wrote:
beef tongue, dog/kangaroo/lizard/snake/horse/rabbit meat, any kind of
bugs

aspic beef tongue sandwiches are really nice and flavourful

dog/kangaroo/lizard/horse/rabbit aren't locally available, but i don't
always ask what IS this that i'm eating

snake can be rubbery if overcooked........ and ya, it tastes like
chicken, kinda

ling cod eel taste very much like snake

then there is moose/elk/deer/antelope/buffalo/pheasant/duck/grouse/more
birds that are also very nice

i'm not sure i would like to try the meat that isn't locally available
on............ basic principles, you forgot cat in there too and guinea
pig and parrot and............. you know

kate