Old 30-01-2012, 07:30 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Are there foods you've never eaten?

I remember when I was first diagnosed, I had a silly thought. I thought...
They're going to come out with all of these new candy bars and I'll never
know what they taste like! And it really was a silly thought because there
was all sorts of candy out there at the time that I had never tasted. Nor
had I wanted to.

There is a high school girl at Angela's dance studio who has never eaten a
hamburger. I thought this sounded strange. Because they are such a common
food. And then I realized that I have never eaten a Big Mac. They just
never looked appealing. And I have never eaten blue cheese. It doesn't
look appealing either.

Of course there are all sorts of foreign foods I have never eaten. Perhaps
because I have never encountered them. But there are countless foods I am
surrounded by now that I have never eaten and have never thought to eat.
Many kinds of cake, ice cream, cookies, seafood, some fruits and veggies.
And lamb. I don't think I've ever had that. I don't think I've had an Egg
McMuffin either. Or one of their fish sandwiches. Or their chicken nuggets
or strips or whatever they're called. And now they have new chicken bites.

So are there any foods that are common to your area that you've never eaten?

Old 30-01-2012, 04:19 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message
[...]

Here's a handy checklist of 100 different foods...
http://apps.facebook.com/foodlistcha...s/List/?l=1384

pavane

Old 30-01-2012, 07:30 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"pavane" wrote in message

"Julie Bove" wrote in message
[...]

I don't do Facebook apps.

Old 30-01-2012, 09:50 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"pavane" wrote in message

"Julie Bove" wrote in message
So are there any foods that are common to your area that you've never
eaten?

Here's a handy checklist of 100 different foods...
http://apps.facebook.com/foodlistcha...s/List/?l=1384

pavane

I don't do Facebook apps.

Perhaps someone else does.

pavane

Old 31-01-2012, 04:08 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

nothing that is common because i am far to curious to not at least taste
things, its part of what makes food fun... and there is only a very tiny
list of things i know about that i am not interested in trying, Lee

Old 31-01-2012, 04:51 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
please how does this answer her question? Lee

It doesn't, nor was it intended to. It was intended to provide an item
of possible interest to any of the newsgroup readers who might have
been curious about varieties of food (for reference, note the subject
title of the original posting.) I was not aware that she owns the
newsgroup or its contents. I am not aware that you do either.

If you feel that the content of this or any newsgroup must conform
to what she, or you, feel is the proper subject matter of a free
discourse please say so. Include your rules of censorship and
penalties for free speech. Shame on you, Lee.

pavane

Old 31-01-2012, 04:56 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
nothing that is common because i am far to curious to not at least taste
things, its part of what makes food fun... and there is only a very tiny
list of things i know about that i am not interested in trying, Lee

Oh. Okay.

Old 31-01-2012, 04:56 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
please how does this answer her question? Lee

I don't think it does.

Old 31-01-2012, 04:58 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"pavane" wrote in message
"Storrmmee" wrote in message
please how does this answer her question? Lee

It doesn't, nor was it intended to. It was intended to provide an item
of possible interest to any of the newsgroup readers who might have
been curious about varieties of food (for reference, note the subject
title of the original posting.) I was not aware that she owns the
newsgroup or its contents. I am not aware that you do either.

If you feel that the content of this or any newsgroup must conform
to what she, or you, feel is the proper subject matter of a free
discourse please say so. Include your rules of censorship and
penalties for free speech. Shame on you, Lee.

pavane

Actually I own the newsgroup. I bought it using my Pinecone Research
checks. Seeing as how I only get $3.00 per survey you can imagine how long
it took me to save up for it. But now it's mine, all mine! Bwahahaha! The
power is going to my head!

Old 31-01-2012, 05:21 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"pavane" wrote in message
"Storrmmee" wrote in message
[...]

Excellent response. Thank you for bringing me back to reality
with a very good laugh.

pavane

Old 31-01-2012, 09:10 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 31/01/2012 3:21 PM, pavane wrote:
"Julie wrote in message

wrote in message
wrote in message
please how does this answer her question? Lee

It doesn't, nor was it intended to. It was intended to provide an item
of possible interest to any of the newsgroup readers who might have
been curious about varieties of food (for reference, note the subject
title of the original posting.) I was not aware that she owns the
newsgroup or its contents. I am not aware that you do either.

If you feel that the content of this or any newsgroup must conform
to what she, or you, feel is the proper subject matter of a free
discourse please say so. Include your rules of censorship and
penalties for free speech. Shame on you, Lee.

pavane

Actually I own the newsgroup. I bought it using my Pinecone Research
checks. Seeing as how I only get $3.00 per survey you can imagine how

You get $3 !!! I only get $2 for most of mine :-)

Old 31-01-2012, 09:17 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 31/01/2012 2:08 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
nothing that is common because i am far to curious to not at least taste
things, its part of what makes food fun... and there is only a very tiny
list of things i know about that i am not interested in trying, Lee

So you tried Witchetty grubs yet ?

They are sought out as a high-protein food by Indigenous Australians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witchetty_grub

Not on my bucket list :-)

Old 31-01-2012, 02:54 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

might want to check that blood sugar level, i was asking an honest question,
thinking perhaps i had missed something, sorry for being interested in your
posts and thought processes, Lee