Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Very yummy dinner!

I did the rissoles tonight. I used almost 1/2 and 1/2 minced/ground beef
and sausage meat. Slightly more of the ground beef by weight I think. So
I added chopped onion, tomato paste, a bit of bbq sauce and a bit of
Worcester sauce and squelched it all together with my hands until the
sausage meat mixed totally with the mince - then taste tested it raw
Julie will be feeling sick right now, lol. Normally I would put some
very ripe chopped tomatoes through it by I didn't tonight because I made
a tomato/onion "gravy" from the pan drippings. The only onion in it was
what fell out of the rissoles while they cooked and I added a can of
chopped tomatoes, a bit of water and a bit of cornflour.

I had sweet potato, broccoli and green beans with mine, the kids had
broccoli, carrot, peas and jacket potato plus a few fried potato wedges.
The peas and beans were frozen ones.

I have been gradually adding jacket potato to the kids' meals while
lessening the amount of fried or mashed potato. Tonight they ate all the
jacket potato including Jasmine.

So, next time I use this mix I think I will make it into a meatloaf.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 19/08/2011 9:40 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> I did the rissoles tonight. I used almost 1/2 and 1/2 minced/ground beef
> and sausage meat. Slightly more of the ground beef by weight I think. So
> I added chopped onion, tomato paste, a bit of bbq sauce and a bit of
> Worcester sauce and squelched it all together with my hands until the
> sausage meat mixed totally with the mince - then taste tested it raw
> Julie will be feeling sick right now, lol. Normally I would put some
> very ripe chopped tomatoes through it by I didn't tonight because I made
> a tomato/onion "gravy" from the pan drippings. The only onion in it was
> what fell out of the rissoles while they cooked and I added a can of
> chopped tomatoes, a bit of water and a bit of cornflour.
>
> I had sweet potato, broccoli and green beans with mine, the kids had
> broccoli, carrot, peas and jacket potato plus a few fried potato wedges.
> The peas and beans were frozen ones.
>
> I have been gradually adding jacket potato to the kids' meals while
> lessening the amount of fried or mashed potato. Tonight they ate all the
> jacket potato including Jasmine.
>
> So, next time I use this mix I think I will make it into a meatloaf.

And ... my invite is still in the mail ? :-)

Never thought of mixing sausage mince and beef mince together I usually
just make Pasties with sausage mince it provides me my quarterly fix of
puff pastry :-)

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" > wrote in message
> On 19/08/2011 9:40 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
>> I did the rissoles tonight. I used almost 1/2 and 1/2 minced/ground
>> beef
>> and sausage meat. Slightly more of the ground beef by weight I think.
>> So
>> I added chopped onion, tomato paste, a bit of bbq sauce and a bit of
>> Worcester sauce and squelched it all together with my hands until the
>> sausage meat mixed totally with the mince - then taste tested it raw
>>
>> Julie will be feeling sick right now, lol. Normally I would put some
>> very ripe chopped tomatoes through it by I didn't tonight because I
>> made
>> a tomato/onion "gravy" from the pan drippings. The only onion in it
>> was
>> what fell out of the rissoles while they cooked and I added a can of
>> chopped tomatoes, a bit of water and a bit of cornflour.
>>
>> I had sweet potato, broccoli and green beans with mine, the kids had
>> broccoli, carrot, peas and jacket potato plus a few fried potato
>> wedges.
>> The peas and beans were frozen ones.
>>
>> I have been gradually adding jacket potato to the kids' meals while
>> lessening the amount of fried or mashed potato. Tonight they ate all
>> the
>> jacket potato including Jasmine.
>>
>> So, next time I use this mix I think I will make it into a meatloaf.

> And ... my invite is still in the mail ? :-)
>
> Never thought of mixing sausage mince and beef mince together I
> usually just make Pasties with sausage mince it provides me my
> quarterly fix of puff pastry :-)

You may have had them that way as a child, it was a very popular
practice here. It may have been a cost cutting thing as the sausage
mince is cheaper. Ut it also allows a rissole or meatloaf to stay
together, rather smooth texture, without egg and flour/breadcrumbs in
it. I have kept away from sausage meat for years because of the horrible
pale colour but Super Butcher's one has a lot more colour, which isn't
artificial.