Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tonight's yummy dinner

Roasted salmon
Roasted red potatoes
Squash soup (pureed this time)
Salad (lettuce, tomato wedges, dry-cured olives, asiago, olive oil, salt)

You?

Serene
--
"I am an agnostic only to the extent that I am agnostic about fairies at
the bottom of the garden." -- Richard Dawkins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Serene Vannoy" > wrote in message
> Roasted salmon
> Roasted red potatoes
> Squash soup (pureed this time)
> Salad (lettuce, tomato wedges, dry-cured olives, asiago, olive oil, salt)
>
> You?

Sounds delicious!

We had bruschetta, quesadillas, stuffed mushrooms, Buffalo wings, stuffed
potato skins, and jalapeno poppers. To drink, we broke out the Moet &
Chandon--natch!!

Mary--VERY happy tonight!!!!!!!!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 04 Nov 2008 09:38:00p, MareCat told us...

> "Serene Vannoy" > wrote in message
>> Roasted salmon
>> Roasted red potatoes
>> Squash soup (pureed this time)
>> Salad (lettuce, tomato wedges, dry-cured olives, asiago, olive oil,

salt)

>> You?

> Sounds delicious!
>
> We had bruschetta, quesadillas, stuffed mushrooms, Buffalo wings, stuffed
> potato skins, and jalapeno poppers. To drink, we broke out the Moet &
> Chandon--natch!!
>
> Mary--VERY happy tonight!!!!!!!!!!

Both meals sound delicious!

We had tandoori chicken, red lentil daal, cucumber raita, and pineapple-
date chutney.

Wayne, who is also VERY happy tonight!!!!!!!!!!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Tuesday, 11(XI)/04(IV)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: U.S. Election Day
Countdown till Veteran's Day
6dys 1hrs 59mins
Ack! Phfft! Thptpth! - Bill the Cat
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> > On Tue 04 Nov 2008 09:38:00p, MareCat told us...

> >> Mary--VERY happy tonight!!!!!!!!!!

> > Both meals sound delicious!
> >
> > We had tandoori chicken, red lentil daal, cucumber raita, and
> > pineapple- date chutney.
> >
> > Wayne, who is also VERY happy tonight!!!!!!!!!!

> I had a turkey sandwich!
>
> nancy, who is VERY VERY happy tonight!!!!!!!!

We haven't decided whether we are very happy or just happy. There are
state and local issues still to be decided. Being on the left coast,
the polling places haven't been closed for long.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Tue 04 Nov 2008 09:38:00p, MareCat told us...
>
>> "Serene Vannoy" > wrote in message
>>> Roasted salmon
>>> Roasted red potatoes
>>> Squash soup (pureed this time)
>>> Salad (lettuce, tomato wedges, dry-cured olives, asiago, olive oil,
>>> salt)
>>>
>>> You?

>> Sounds delicious!
>>
>> We had bruschetta, quesadillas, stuffed mushrooms, Buffalo wings,
>> stuffed potato skins, and jalapeno poppers. To drink, we broke out
>> the Moet & Chandon--natch!!
>>
>> Mary--VERY happy tonight!!!!!!!!!!

> Both meals sound delicious!
>
> We had tandoori chicken, red lentil daal, cucumber raita, and
> pineapple- date chutney.
>
> Wayne, who is also VERY happy tonight!!!!!!!!!!

I had a turkey sandwich!

nancy, who is VERY VERY happy tonight!!!!!!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in news:TbaQk.6924$qI.581
@newsfe08.ams2:

> I had a turkey sandwich!
>
> nancy, who is VERY VERY happy tonight!!!!!!!!

You must REALLY like turkey....I am a firm believer in toasted turkey and
tomato sandwhiches...Gotta be on toasted onion rye bread though.

Who Won?

--

The beet goes on -Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

hahabogus > wrote in
:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in news:TbaQk.6924$qI.581
> @newsfe08.ams2:
>
>> I had a turkey sandwich!
>>
>> nancy, who is VERY VERY happy tonight!!!!!!!!
>>

> You must REALLY like turkey....I am a firm believer in toasted turkey
> and tomato sandwhiches...Gotta be on toasted onion rye bread though.
>

> Who Won?

The other guy.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

If we are not meant to eat animals,
why are they made of meat?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"hahabogus" > wrote in message
> "Nancy Young" > wrote in news:TbaQk.6924$qI.581
> @newsfe08.ams2:
>
>> I had a turkey sandwich!
>>
>> nancy, who is VERY VERY happy tonight!!!!!!!!
>>

> You must REALLY like turkey....I am a firm believer in toasted turkey and
> tomato sandwhiches...Gotta be on toasted onion rye bread though.
>

> Who Won?

We all did.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Serene Vannoy"
> Roasted salmon
> Roasted red potatoes
> Squash soup (pureed this time)
> Salad (lettuce, tomato wedges, dry-cured olives, asiago, olive oil, salt)
>
> You?
>
> Serene

A little bit of prosciutto crudo cut by me, and I am not very good at it!
With colesalw like my mum made it, no sugar allowed. I love it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"MareCat" ha scritto nel messaggio > We had bruschetta, quesadillas, stuffed
mushrooms, Buffalo wings, stuffed
> potato skins, and jalapeno poppers. To drink, we broke out the Moet &
> Chandon--natch!!
>
> Mary--VERY happy tonight!!!!!!!!!!

Me too, although it is morning. I tried to stay up to see at least SOME
returns but my eyes were crying all by themselves from fatigue. So I went
to sleep and this morning at 7:15 I woke up, turned the tube on and my eyes
were crying from pride and pleasure. We are having a celebration lunch in a
town 25 km away at 1 PM. We pretended to be sure and set it up 2 weeks ago.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Serene Vannoy > wrote:

> Roasted salmon
> Roasted red potatoes
> Squash soup (pureed this time)
> Salad (lettuce, tomato wedges, dry-cured olives, asiago, olive oil, salt)
>
> You?
>
> Serene

Sounds nice!
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Serene Vannoy" > wrote in message
> Roasted salmon
> Roasted red potatoes
> Squash soup (pureed this time)
> Salad (lettuce, tomato wedges, dry-cured olives, asiago, olive oil, salt)
>
> You?

Carmelized sweet onions with whole mushrooms flash cooked over intense heat
so they are crunchy yet moist and tender inside and still moist and juicy.
Sea salt and fresh pepper seasoned and broiled sirloin steak flash cooked on
a red hot grill till rare and topped with butter. Chardonnay (yes it works
with beef) and champagne to celebrate a historic evening. No veggies
tonight.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

hahabogus wrote:
> "Nancy Young" > wrote in news:TbaQk.6924$qI.581
> @newsfe08.ams2:
>
>> I had a turkey sandwich!
>>
>> nancy, who is VERY VERY happy tonight!!!!!!!!

> You must REALLY like turkey....

Oh, I do!

>I am a firm believer in toasted turkey
> and tomato sandwhiches...Gotta be on toasted onion rye bread though.

I do love a turkey sandwich, though I usually don't have them for
dinner. I just needed something mild after a bad couple of days
when something I ate seriously disagreed with me.

> Who Won?

Won? I don't know what you mean.

nancy (a good man won)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

an easy grab 'n eat 'meal' ( hmmmm.... a new thread topic?)

yogurt cheese and peanut butter on pumpernickel
an apple

my other half had two eggs over easy, fried potatoes

I had had a heavy lunch at a so-so resto, voted, afternoon spent
visiting sick relative in hospital, then had rush out again at
5:30. I hate days when there' s no time for a decent meal.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 7>,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> We had tandoori chicken, red lentil daal, cucumber raita, and pineapple-
> date chutney.
>
> Wayne,

What'd David have?
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
hahabogus > wrote:

> Who Won?

As in every good Western Shoot-Em-Up Bang-Bang, The Good Guys won.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini
(Send her a note!)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Giusi" > wrote in message
> "MareCat" ha scritto nel messaggio > We had bruschetta, quesadillas,
> stuffed mushrooms, Buffalo wings, stuffed
>> potato skins, and jalapeno poppers. To drink, we broke out the Moet &
>> Chandon--natch!!
>>
>> Mary--VERY happy tonight!!!!!!!!!!

> Me too, although it is morning. I tried to stay up to see at least SOME
> returns but my eyes were crying all by themselves from fatigue. So I went
> to sleep and this morning at 7:15 I woke up, turned the tube on and my
> eyes were crying from pride and pleasure.

I bawled like a motherless kitten. This kind of thing is the reason that
"hope springs eternal." My countrymen have redeemed themselves.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene Vannoy wrote:
> Roasted salmon
> Roasted red potatoes
> Squash soup (pureed this time)
> Salad (lettuce, tomato wedges, dry-cured olives, asiago, olive oil, salt)
>
> You?

Nice menu, but how about some details.

Explain roasted salmon, actually roasted on open flame or do you
really mean baked? How did you season the salmon? Was it whole
salmon, fileted, skinned, salmon steaks?

What kind of squash, summer, winter, type? I don't care for squash
soup, how did you prepare yours, what other ingredients? I like some
summer squash in vegetable soups but in chunks. I prefer winter
squash (acorn, butternut) baked/grilled... I think pureed winter squah
is the same as pureed sweet potatoes, something Gerbers and Beechnut
sells in small jars.

How did you prepare those potatoes, did you peel them entirely/
partially? Did you chunk them, coat with oil, season?

A salad is nice, what kind of lettuce? And why make a point of
mentioning salt, wouldn't there be enough salt from the asagio and dry-
cured olives... dry cured olives are extremely salty, they're packed
in salt. First thing came to mind is where's the black pepper, and
needs some fresh herbs, at least minced parsley, and could benefit
from a bit of onion, and I'd add garlicky croutons.

What was for dessert, and most importantly, how can you celebrate
without drinkipoos?

I did a purely non partisan appetizer that I made a day in advance to
honor both candidates, a delicious watermelon salsa, with Doritos.
Then I polished off a mildly spicy locally made sopressata (so good
I'm ascared to buy more). My main event was cheese ravioli (frozen)
with very garlicky tomato sauce I made from canned whole tomatoes).
The salsa and sauce was a good way to use up some of my parsley before
a freeze gets it (amazing how it just keeps growing no matter the
nightly frosts). My drinky of the night was vodka with pineapple
juice and pomegranate soda (Polar brand).

Watermelon salsa is pretty simple, plenty recipes on the net, you can
follow loosely and improvize as I did. I used half a jalapeno from my
garden (I don't like too much heat), and I used my own curly leaf
parsley (I can't eat cilantro/soap), and I added a small can each of
mandarin orange segments and pineapple chunks.

Not available everywhere but an excellent product.

http://www.polarbev.com/PRODUCTS/Fla...8/Default.aspx

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article 7>,
> �Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
> > We had tandoori chicken, red lentil daal, cucumber raita, and pineapple-
> > date chutney.

> > Wayne,

> What'd David have?

Butt Sandwich, what else? hehe
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 5, 1:12�am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "hahabogus" > wrote in message

> > "Nancy Young" > wrote in news:TbaQk.6924$qI.581
> > @newsfe08.ams2:

> >> I had a turkey sandwich!

> >> nancy, who is VERY VERY happy tonight!!!!!!!!

> > You must REALLY like turkey....I am a firm believer in toasted turkey and
> > tomato sandwhiches...Gotta be on toasted onion rye bread though.

> > Who Won?

> We all did.

you said it!! I was up most of the night watching it over and over. A
moment in History!!

Rosie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"rosie" > wrote in message
On Nov 5, 1:12?am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "hahabogus" > wrote in message

> > "Nancy Young" > wrote in news:TbaQk.6924$qI.581
> > @newsfe08.ams2:

> >> I had a turkey sandwich!

> >> nancy, who is VERY VERY happy tonight!!!!!!!!

> > You must REALLY like turkey....I am a firm believer in toasted turkey
> > and
> > tomato sandwhiches...Gotta be on toasted onion rye bread though.

> > Who Won?

> We all did.

>you said it!! I was up most of the night watching it over and over. A
>moment in History!!

high five Ms. Rosie! I am in a daze.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Serene Vannoy" > wrote in message
> Roasted salmon
> Roasted red potatoes
> Squash soup (pureed this time)
> Salad (lettuce, tomato wedges, dry-cured olives, asiago, olive oil, salt)
>
> You?
>
> Serene

Grilled Tri Tip over Red Oak.
Baked Potatoes - cheese - butter-sour cream-chives
Green Beans Almandine
tossed salad
Marinated cucumber & tomato salad

Dimitri