Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Yummy dinner tonight!

This is the recipe I used, with some modifications:

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/rec...ein81572.shtml

I used just over half that amount of beef. Used onion, celery, red bell
pepper and snow peas for the veggies. Used the full amount of rice, so full
amount of liquid. Made three perfect servings. Did not serve over the
noodles but put just a few on the top more like a garnish. We need to eat
lower carbs. Yes, there are carbs in the rice but that amount was fine.

Daughter and I both loved it! I will for sure be making it again and in the
full amount. I used the 2 quart Crock Pot for the amount that I made.
Would have to use a bigger one for the full amount.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 22:29:47 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>This is the recipe I used, with some modifications:
>
>http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/rec...ein81572.shtml
>
>I used just over half that amount of beef. Used onion, celery, red bell
>pepper and snow peas for the veggies. Used the full amount of rice, so full
>amount of liquid. Made three perfect servings. Did not serve over the
>noodles but put just a few on the top more like a garnish. We need to eat
>lower carbs. Yes, there are carbs in the rice but that amount was fine.
>
>Daughter and I both loved it! I will for sure be making it again and in the
>full amount. I used the 2 quart Crock Pot for the amount that I made.
>Would have to use a bigger one for the full amount.

That recipe has been around baked up as a hot dish since the 1960's.
The rice is mixed in. Very popular at church ladies functions.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 22:29:47 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>This is the recipe I used, with some modifications:
>>
>>http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/rec...ein81572.shtml
>>
>>I used just over half that amount of beef. Used onion, celery, red bell
>>pepper and snow peas for the veggies. Used the full amount of rice, so
>>full
>>amount of liquid. Made three perfect servings. Did not serve over the
>>noodles but put just a few on the top more like a garnish. We need to eat
>>lower carbs. Yes, there are carbs in the rice but that amount was fine.
>>
>>Daughter and I both loved it! I will for sure be making it again and in
>>the
>>full amount. I used the 2 quart Crock Pot for the amount that I made.
>>Would have to use a bigger one for the full amount.
>>

> That recipe has been around baked up as a hot dish since the 1960's.
> The rice is mixed in. Very popular at church ladies functions.
> Janet US

Oh! I had never seen it before but then it is not the kind of food my mom
would have made.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Made some chinese wild salmon tonight. Good blood thinning food. It was
easy to fry in skillet since they are thin. Bought them from aldi's . Also
ate a whole can of peas, with carrots. sitting back on the iPad, I look up
peas. Oh great, good blood clotter. Should have made a baked potato.

Greg
Senior Member

Location: New York

Sounds yummy. How long did it take you to prepare it?