Old 24-05-2008, 06:21 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Dreamfields was What a moron!

I like the taste of it and when it works right i get zero spike and when it
doesnt i rise far less then i would regular pasta..so for me its insurance
and doesnt cost much more then regular pasta as its right on my sotres
shelf..no internet ordering it etc.

But yes i agree i find i can eat any food if i portion it right..lol.

Like i could eat a banna..if i limit it to one bite..lol..thats is still
going to raise me but not thru the roof like a half or a whole one would.

Sometimes though ya just gotta eat a bite of the real pie or birthday cake
etc..but thats when the sensable advice of portion control kicks in...but i
personally would rather get full on somthing safe then take a sliver of
somthing risky..lol

KROM

"Alan S" wrote
I apply that logic to all pastas - smaller serves that I've
tested in the past with my meter. And I never need to worry
about overcooking or changes to BG's effects for leftovers.

Old 24-05-2008, 07:46 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What a moron!

"krom" wrote:
*Sigh*

I am every year being suckered by some sign at the stores saying fresh
caught this or that flown in and pay a crazy price per pound and of
course its some smelly frozen mess..lol.

Just cant get seafood here..

When we were in Austin, Texas in January, my friend we were staying with
ordered sashimi grade fish from San Diego, CA. We got two sashimi dinners
for two out of it. It was as good and fresh as we've bought at the
Japanese fish monger's in LA. I never asked him what it cost.

Other than directly over the center of the Earth, approximately where is
"here"?

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Old 24-05-2008, 11:11 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

minnesota

ven the good lake fish goes to resteraunts and the seconds goes to the
stores that even bother to sell local fish..most sell tilapia and pollock
and other frozen fish they thaw and try to sell as fresh to you the buyer.

shrimp etc here stinks of amonia etc..never that fresh sea smell..im sure
there maybe a market downtown that sells to the restraunts but im just not
ambitious and my wallets to light..lol

KROM

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
"krom" wrote:
*Sigh*

I am every year being suckered by some sign at the stores saying fresh
caught this or that flown in and pay a crazy price per pound and of
course its some smelly frozen mess..lol.

Just cant get seafood here..

When we were in Austin, Texas in January, my friend we were staying with
ordered sashimi grade fish from San Diego, CA. We got two sashimi dinners
for two out of it. It was as good and fresh as we've bought at the
Japanese fish monger's in LA. I never asked him what it cost.

Other than directly over the center of the Earth, approximately where is
"here"?

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They
forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Old 24-05-2008, 11:55 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

krom wrote:
minnesota

ven the good lake fish goes to resteraunts and the seconds goes to the
stores that even bother to sell local fish..most sell tilapia and
pollock and other frozen fish they thaw and try to sell as fresh to
you the buyer.

I just cannot imagine life without fresh seafood, I live on it.

Old 24-05-2008, 01:27 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote:
krom wrote:
minnesota

ven the good lake fish goes to resteraunts and the seconds goes to the
stores that even bother to sell local fish..most sell tilapia and
pollock and other frozen fish they thaw and try to sell as fresh to
you the buyer.

I just cannot imagine life without fresh seafood, I live on it.

Here, too. Nearby Thai and other Asian markets sell a nice variety of fresh
seafood.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Old 25-05-2008, 01:52 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" wrote

Nick's Fettucine Alfredo

Serves 4

The fettuccine should either be freshly made and as thin as possible, or,
if store bought, the best fresh (not dry), thinnest pasta you can buy.

1 lb. fettuccine, tagliatelle or the pasta of your choice

Nick, I don't know if it'll make a difference for you, but it might be worth
a try. I've found that I can eat a reasonable amount of whole wheat pasta,
say 6-7 ounces or so and stay under 130 out to 3 hours (by then I'm usually
under 110, so I doubt if I'm getting a late spike. I actually prefer whole
wheat pasta now...it's got a firmer texture.

John C.

Old 25-05-2008, 02:42 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"John" wrote:
"Nick Cramer" wrote

Nick's Fettucine Alfredo

Serves 4

The fettuccine should either be freshly made and as thin as possible,
or, if store bought, the best fresh (not dry), thinnest pasta you can
buy.

1 lb. fettuccine, tagliatelle or the pasta of your choice

Nick, I don't know if it'll make a difference for you, but it might be
worth a try. I've found that I can eat a reasonable amount of whole wheat
pasta, say 6-7 ounces or so and stay under 130 out to 3 hours (by then
I'm usually under 110, so I doubt if I'm getting a late spike. I actually
prefer whole wheat pasta now...it's got a firmer texture.

Thanks, John. I've tried other pastas. For me, the only one that has the
right taste and texture is duram semolina, which actually has a lower GI
than whole wheat. 2 or 3 ounces doesn't seem to hurt me, except
psychologicaly. ;-/

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Old 25-05-2008, 08:26 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

i would if i could..ive had in trips to florida and catfish in georgia
growing up etc..even fresh fish here from the lakes before they all got
slapped with bio warnings about lead and chemicals being dumped thanks to 3m
and other minnesota companies u cant eat the fish anymore.

KROM

Old 26-05-2008, 01:49 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message
krom wrote:
minnesota

ven the good lake fish goes to resteraunts and the seconds goes to the
stores that even bother to sell local fish..most sell tilapia and
pollock and other frozen fish they thaw and try to sell as fresh to
you the buyer.

I just cannot imagine life without fresh seafood, I live on it.

Me too. I'd rather have a nice very rare tuna steak than a filet mignon any
day.

John C.

Old 28-05-2008, 06:01 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer said...

Today 5/20 FBG 84. Just before dinner 83. Had a 10.6 oz. frozen Glutino
Penne Alfredo (61 gms net carbs) for dinner. One hour PP BG 158. Two hour
181. Three hour 142.

Makes up for the previous days.

5/16 FBG 97 Before 83 1 hr 111 - bacon, eggs, 1/2 potato
5/17 FBG 85 no meal - A/C died, 105F inside, stressed out
5/18 FBG 95 1 hr 118, 1 hr 86, 1 hr 105 - another hot day, just snacked
5/19 FBG 99 Before 89 1 hr 110 - bacon, eggs, cheesy mushrooms and potato

You've got your God awful diet. Checked your cholesterol lately?

At your rate you don't have much time. Get a will notarized if you haven't
already, if you have a wife and kids.

I await the last meal that kills you! You've devised a diabetic sat. fat
diet that is just absurd.

What the ****, do it up. Brainiac.

Andy

Old 29-05-2008, 12:38 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Andy wrote:
Nick Cramer said...

Today 5/20 FBG 84. Just before dinner 83. Had a 10.6 oz. frozen Glutino
Penne Alfredo (61 gms net carbs) for dinner. One hour PP BG 158. Two hour
181. Three hour 142.

Makes up for the previous days.

5/16 FBG 97 Before 83 1 hr 111 - bacon, eggs, 1/2 potato
5/17 FBG 85 no meal - A/C died, 105F inside, stressed out
5/18 FBG 95 1 hr 118, 1 hr 86, 1 hr 105 - another hot day, just snacked
5/19 FBG 99 Before 89 1 hr 110 - bacon, eggs, cheesy mushrooms and potato

You've got your God awful diet. Checked your cholesterol lately?

At your rate you don't have much time. Get a will notarized if you haven't
already, if you have a wife and kids.

I await the last meal that kills you! You've devised a diabetic sat. fat
diet that is just absurd.

What the ****, do it up. Brainiac.

Andy

well Andy, you are yet again showing your posting ignorance

if you have a comment, can you direct us to something that supports what
YOU say? and i don't mean the USDA dietary recommendations

too bad we have 4 or 5 Andy's about, or i would simply kill file your
snotty responses

--
kate
type 1 since 1987
Old 29-05-2008, 05:13 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger_Lily wrote:
Andy wrote:
Nick Cramer said...
[ . . . ]

too bad we have 4 or 5 Andy's about, or i would simply kill file your
snotty responses

Heh heh! I've killfiled Andy, Kate. I rely on you folks to quote them, so I
know which is which. I know that Andy W. is one of the good guys and I
apologize to him. Maybe I'll let the Bad Andy out of my Bozo Bin, so I can
read Good Andy's posts. Yep. I'll do that now.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Old 29-05-2008, 05:16 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Andy q wrote:
Nick Cramer said...

Today 5/20 FBG 84. Just before dinner 83. Had a 10.6 oz. frozen Glutino
Penne Alfredo (61 gms net carbs) for dinner. One hour PP BG 158. Two
hour 181. Three hour 142.

Makes up for the previous days.

5/16 FBG 97 Before 83 1 hr 111 - bacon, eggs, 1/2 potato
5/17 FBG 85 no meal - A/C died, 105F inside, stressed out
5/18 FBG 95 1 hr 118, 1 hr 86, 1 hr 105 - another hot day, just snacked
5/19 FBG 99 Before 89 1 hr 110 - bacon, eggs, cheesy mushrooms and
potato

[sad stuff snipped]

Bwahahaha! Get a life, Anny.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

For little Moron Michael Kuettner[_2_] General Cooking 33 27-09-2012 08:11 PM
Nick, was What a moron. Andy[_2_] Diabetic 4 22-05-2008 06:17 AM
Moron France 08 Ronin[_21_] Wine 8 20-01-2008 06:44 PM
FINTAN UK - CORRECTION - LEE TWAT INGRAM *NOT* AN INCOMPETENT MORON. HE'S VERY COMPTENT AT BEING A MORON LEE TWAT INGRAM General Cooking 1 28-06-2007 09:05 PM