Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What a moron!

Today 5/20 FBG 84. Just before dinner 83. Had a 10.6 oz. frozen Glutino
Penne Alfredo (61 gms net carbs) for dinner. One hour PP BG 158. Two hour
181. Three hour 142.

Makes up for the previous days.

5/16 FBG 97 Before 83 1 hr 111 - bacon, eggs, 1/2 potato
5/17 FBG 85 no meal - A/C died, 105°F inside, stressed out
5/18 FBG 95 1 hr 118, 1 hr 86, 1 hr 105 - another hot day, just snacked
5/19 FBG 99 Before 89 1 hr 110 - bacon, eggs, cheesy mushrooms and potato

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> Today 5/20 FBG 84. Just before dinner 83. Had a 10.6 oz. frozen Glutino
> Penne Alfredo (61 gms net carbs) for dinner. One hour PP BG 158. Two hour
> 181. Three hour 142.
>
> Makes up for the previous days.
>
> 5/16 FBG 97 Before 83 1 hr 111 - bacon, eggs, 1/2 potato
> 5/17 FBG 85 no meal - A/C died, 105°F inside, stressed out
> 5/18 FBG 95 1 hr 118, 1 hr 86, 1 hr 105 - another hot day, just snacked
> 5/19 FBG 99 Before 89 1 hr 110 - bacon, eggs, cheesy mushrooms and potato

I think most Alfredo sauce is pretty high in carbs. It's not something I've
been tempted to eat because I never liked it. When I did eat dairy, I would
usually just throw some cheese on the pasta instead of making a sauce.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article <5iNYj.2259$ju1.1107@trndny06>,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> > Today 5/20 FBG 84. Just before dinner 83. Had a 10.6 oz. frozen Glutino
> > Penne Alfredo (61 gms net carbs) for dinner. One hour PP BG 158. Two hour
> > 181. Three hour 142.
> >
> > Makes up for the previous days.
> >
> > 5/16 FBG 97 Before 83 1 hr 111 - bacon, eggs, 1/2 potato
> > 5/17 FBG 85 no meal - A/C died, 105°F inside, stressed out
> > 5/18 FBG 95 1 hr 118, 1 hr 86, 1 hr 105 - another hot day, just snacked
> > 5/19 FBG 99 Before 89 1 hr 110 - bacon, eggs, cheesy mushrooms and potato

> I think most Alfredo sauce is pretty high in carbs. It's not something I've
> been tempted to eat because I never liked it. When I did eat dairy, I would
> usually just throw some cheese on the pasta instead of making a sauce.

A good alfredo sauce should be quite low carb. It's just butter, cream,
and parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Now what you put it on...that's
another story.

--
"[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
This, apparently, upsets the fools."
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Alice Faber" > wrote in message
> In article <5iNYj.2259$ju1.1107@trndny06>,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> > Today 5/20 FBG 84. Just before dinner 83. Had a 10.6 oz. frozen Glutino
>> > Penne Alfredo (61 gms net carbs) for dinner. One hour PP BG 158. Two
>> > hour
>> > 181. Three hour 142.
>> >
>> > Makes up for the previous days.
>> >
>> > 5/16 FBG 97 Before 83 1 hr 111 - bacon, eggs, 1/2 potato
>> > 5/17 FBG 85 no meal - A/C died, 105°F inside, stressed out
>> > 5/18 FBG 95 1 hr 118, 1 hr 86, 1 hr 105 - another hot day, just snacked
>> > 5/19 FBG 99 Before 89 1 hr 110 - bacon, eggs, cheesy mushrooms and
>> > potato

>> I think most Alfredo sauce is pretty high in carbs. It's not something
>> I've
>> been tempted to eat because I never liked it. When I did eat dairy, I
>> would
>> usually just throw some cheese on the pasta instead of making a sauce.

> A good alfredo sauce should be quite low carb. It's just butter, cream,
> and parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Now what you put it on...that's
> another story.

Really? I assumed it had flour or cornstarch in it, but I never made it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article <XYNYj.6190$bG1.1202@trndny04>,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Alice Faber" > wrote in message
> > In article <5iNYj.2259$ju1.1107@trndny06>,

> >> I think most Alfredo sauce is pretty high in carbs. It's not something
> >> I've
> >> been tempted to eat because I never liked it. When I did eat dairy, I
> >> would
> >> usually just throw some cheese on the pasta instead of making a sauce.

> > A good alfredo sauce should be quite low carb. It's just butter, cream,
> > and parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Now what you put it on...that's
> > another story.

> Really? I assumed it had flour or cornstarch in it, but I never made it.

I have. It's incredibly rich.

--
"[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
This, apparently, upsets the fools."
---BB cuts to the pith of a flame-fest

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Alice Faber" > wrote in message

> I have. It's incredibly rich.

I just looked it up. You're right. That's probably why I never liked it.
I don't like rich foods.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alice Faber > wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> > "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> > > Today 5/20 FBG 84. Just before dinner 83. Had a 10.6 oz. frozen
> > > Glutino Penne Alfredo (61 gms net carbs) for dinner. One hour PP BG
> > > 158. Two hour 181. Three hour 142.
> > >
> > > Makes up for the previous days.
> > >
> > > 5/16 FBG 97 Before 83 1 hr 111 - bacon, eggs, 1/2 potato
> > > 5/17 FBG 85 no meal - A/C died, 105°F inside, stressed out
> > > 5/18 FBG 95 1 hr 118, 1 hr 86, 1 hr 105 - another hot day, just
> > > snacked 5/19 FBG 99 Before 89 1 hr 110 - bacon, eggs, cheesy
> > > mushrooms and potato

> > I think most Alfredo sauce is pretty high in carbs. It's not something
> > I've been tempted to eat because I never liked it. When I did eat
> > dairy, I would usually just throw some cheese on the pasta instead of
> > making a sauce.

> A good alfredo sauce should be quite low carb. It's just butter, cream,
> and parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Now what you put it on...that's
> another story.

The penne was rice pasta (ground brown rice, rice bran). The Alfredo sauce
was milk, cheese, corn starch, maltodextrin, lipolyzed cream and guar gum.
Jun added a bunch of fresh shrimp, fried in butter, and fresh grated
Pecorino Romano cheese. My Alfredo sauce is more like what you describe.
She won't be buying this again.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> Today 5/20 FBG 84. Just before dinner 83. Had a 10.6 oz. frozen
>> Glutino Penne Alfredo (61 gms net carbs) for dinner. One hour PP BG
>> 158. Two hour 181. Three hour 142.
>>
>> Makes up for the previous days.
>>
>> 5/16 FBG 97 Before 83 1 hr 111 - bacon, eggs, 1/2 potato
>> 5/17 FBG 85 no meal - A/C died, 105°F inside, stressed out
>> 5/18 FBG 95 1 hr 118, 1 hr 86, 1 hr 105 - another hot day, just
>> snacked 5/19 FBG 99 Before 89 1 hr 110 - bacon, eggs, cheesy
>> mushrooms and potato

> I think most Alfredo sauce is pretty high in carbs. It's not
> something I've been tempted to eat because I never liked it. When I
> did eat dairy, I would usually just throw some cheese on the pasta
> instead of making a sauce.

The sauce would do me more favours than the pasta.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
> Alice Faber > wrote:

>>> I think most Alfredo sauce is pretty high in carbs. It's not
>>> something I've been tempted to eat because I never liked it. When
>>> I did eat dairy, I would usually just throw some cheese on the
>>> pasta instead of making a sauce.

>> A good alfredo sauce should be quite low carb. It's just butter,
>> cream, and parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Now what you put it
>> on...that's another story.

> The penne was rice pasta (ground brown rice, rice bran). The Alfredo
> sauce was milk, cheese, corn starch, maltodextrin, lipolyzed cream
> and guar gum. Jun added a bunch of fresh shrimp, fried in butter, and
> fresh grated Pecorino Romano cheese. My Alfredo sauce is more like
> what you describe. She won't be buying this again.

It begs the question... why is she bringing high carb convenience foods into
the house. The hotter the weather the more likely you are to grab a
convenience meal than cook from scratch. If the wrong foods aren't in the
house then you can't eat it easily.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Alice Faber" > wrote in message

> >> I think most Alfredo sauce is pretty high in carbs. It's not
> >> something I've
> >> been tempted to eat because I never liked it. When I did eat dairy, I
> >> would
> >> usually just throw some cheese on the pasta instead of making a sauce.

> > A good alfredo sauce should be quite low carb. It's just butter, cream,
> > and parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Now what you put it on...that's
> > another story.

> Really? I assumed it had flour or cornstarch in it, but I never made it.

Never made it?

Nick's Fettucine Alfredo

Serves 4

The fettuccine should either be freshly made and as thin as possible, or,
if store bought, the best fresh (not dry), thinnest pasta you can buy.

1 lb. fettuccine, tagliatelle or the pasta of your choice

Sauce:

6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 tablespoons EVOO
minced garlic to taste
1/2 c. grated Parmigiano Reggiano (Parmesan), at room temperature,
1/2 c. grated Pecorino Romano cheese
plus extra cheese to pass at the table
1 cup heavy cream, very lightly whipped
1/4 c. parsley, oregano, basil or combination, fresh
Salt and freshly ground pepper (use white pepper if you have it) to taste

SET 6 to 8 cups of salted pasta water to boil.

TIMING is important with this dish - ideally the pasta finishes cooking
when your sauce is ready - although the sauce will 'hold' for a short while
on very low heat. If you are using fresh fettuccine, it can cook in as
little as 2 minutes (plus the time it takes your water to boil), so you
must prepare your ingredients accordingly. Fettuccine Alfredo is 'finished'
in the pan - the cooked and drained pasta is added directly to the warmed
and mixed ingredients in the pan.

In a pan large enough to hold all the pasta , melt the butter over low
heat. Add the EVOO, then the garlic and simmer 'til transparent.

ADD slowly the slightly whipped heavy cream and whisk either with a whisk
or stir continuously with a wooden spoon till it is hot and slightly
reduced. (variation: use 1/2 of the heavy cream here, add the rest just at
the end before you add the pasta.)

ADD slowly the grated cheese as you continue stirring or whisking.

COOK the pasta.

ADD salt and pepper to taste.

ADD the cooked and drained pasta. Mix well with a wooden spoon.

TURN into a warmed serving bowl, or directly onto warmed plates. (Top with
parsley, etc.)

PASS grated Parmesan at the table.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
> > Alice Faber > wrote:

> >> A good alfredo sauce should be quite low carb. It's just butter,
> >> cream, and parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Now what you put it
> >> on...that's another story.

> > The penne was rice pasta (ground brown rice, rice bran). The Alfredo
> > sauce was milk, cheese, corn starch, maltodextrin, lipolyzed cream
> > and guar gum. Jun added a bunch of fresh shrimp, fried in butter, and
> > fresh grated Pecorino Romano cheese. My Alfredo sauce is more like
> > what you describe. She won't be buying this again.

> It begs the question... why is she bringing high carb convenience foods
> into the house. The hotter the weather the more likely you are to grab a
> convenience meal than cook from scratch. If the wrong foods aren't in the
> house then you can't eat it easily.

I beg to reply. Well, she went to this place to get CarbQuik for me. Her
English being somewhat limited, she assumed that everything there was OK
for me. I have since explained the difference between low carb and low
gluten to her. She thought she was doing something nice for me. She's
learning. Having spent the first 50 years of her life in Thailand, the hot
weather is no deterrant. She cooks in the house from 6 AM to midnight, for
her catering business, everything from scratch. Does her and my meals, as
well.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>> Nick Cramer wrote:

>> > The penne was rice pasta (ground brown rice, rice bran). The Alfredo
>> > sauce was milk, cheese, corn starch, maltodextrin, lipolyzed cream
>> > and guar gum. Jun added a bunch of fresh shrimp, fried in butter, and
>> > fresh grated Pecorino Romano cheese. My Alfredo sauce is more like
>> > what you describe. She won't be buying this again.

>> It begs the question... why is she bringing high carb convenience foods
>> into the house. The hotter the weather the more likely you are to grab a
>> convenience meal than cook from scratch. If the wrong foods aren't in the
>> house then you can't eat it easily.

> I beg to reply. Well, she went to this place to get CarbQuik for me. Her
> English being somewhat limited, she assumed that everything there was OK
> for me. I have since explained the difference between low carb and low
> gluten to her. She thought she was doing something nice for me. She's
> learning. Having spent the first 50 years of her life in Thailand, the hot
> weather is no deterrant. She cooks in the house from 6 AM to midnight, for
> her catering business, everything from scratch. Does her and my meals, as
> well.

Ah... I was wondering why all the gluten free food!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> >> It begs the question... why is she bringing high carb convenience
> >> foods into the house. The hotter the weather the more likely you are
> >> to grab a convenience meal than cook from scratch. If the wrong foods
> >> aren't in the house then you can't eat it easily.

> > I beg to reply. Well, she went to this place to get CarbQuik for me.
> > Her English being somewhat limited, she assumed that everything there
> > was OK for me. I have since explained the difference between low carb
> > and low gluten to her. She thought she was doing something nice for me.
> > She's learning. Having spent the first 50 years of her life in
> > Thailand, the hot weather is no deterrant. She cooks in the house from
> > 6 AM to midnight, for her catering business, everything from scratch.
> > Does her and my meals, as well.

> Ah... I was wondering why all the gluten free food!

Gluten, glucose, Goldberg, iceberg! Old Titanic joke. ;-D

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>> >
>> > I beg to reply. Well, she went to this place to get CarbQuik for me.
>> > Her English being somewhat limited, she assumed that everything there
>> > was OK for me. I have since explained the difference between low carb
>> > and low gluten to her. She thought she was doing something nice for me.
>> > She's learning. Having spent the first 50 years of her life in
>> > Thailand, the hot weather is no deterrant. She cooks in the house from
>> > 6 AM to midnight, for her catering business, everything from scratch.
>> > Does her and my meals, as well.

>> Ah... I was wondering why all the gluten free food!

> Gluten, glucose, Goldberg, iceberg! Old Titanic joke. ;-D

There was just something posted like this on one of the celiac boards. The
person called the pharmacy to see if the meds she was prescribed had any
gluten in them. The pharmacist replied, "Yes. There's gelatin..." Then
when the person said, "No! Not gelatin. Gluten!" The pharmacist replied,
"Oh! Aren't they the same thing?"

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>> Nick Cramer wrote:

>>> The penne was rice pasta (ground brown rice, rice bran). The Alfredo
>>> sauce was milk, cheese, corn starch, maltodextrin, lipolyzed cream
>>> and guar gum. Jun added a bunch of fresh shrimp, fried in butter,
>>> and fresh grated Pecorino Romano cheese. My Alfredo sauce is more
>>> like what you describe. She won't be buying this again.

>> It begs the question... why is she bringing high carb convenience
>> foods into the house. The hotter the weather the more likely you are
>> to grab a convenience meal than cook from scratch. If the wrong
>> foods aren't in the house then you can't eat it easily.

> I beg to reply. Well, she went to this place to get CarbQuik for me.
> Her English being somewhat limited, she assumed that everything there
> was OK for me. I have since explained the difference between low carb
> and low gluten to her. She thought she was doing something nice for
> me. She's learning. Having spent the first 50 years of her life in
> Thailand, the hot weather is no deterrant. She cooks in the house
> from 6 AM to midnight, for her catering business, everything from
> scratch. Does her and my meals, as well.

What you could do is go shopping together and show her how to read carbs
per serving. Example say that any food that is x gr or above per serving is
not suitable for you. This would have to be for a whole meal. All your food
components would have to add up to no more than x amount of carbs. Explain
that noodles, pasta and the like are pretty much no no's for yuo. She is a
good cook and could make some tasty meat-based meals out of herbs and
spices. Then just add the low carb veggies to fill it out (as well as
provide the necessary nutrition). The penne and alfredo sauce packaged meal
was a no no but the home made alfredo over, let me think - shiritake or
shitake? One is mushrooms, one is noodles... Someone here will know.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:

> What you could do is go shopping together and show her how to read carbs
> per serving. Example say that any food that is x gr or above per serving
> is not suitable for you. This would have to be for a whole meal. All your
> food components would have to add up to no more than x amount of carbs.
> Explain that noodles, pasta and the like are pretty much no no's for yuo.
> She is a good cook and could make some tasty meat-based meals out of
> herbs and spices. Then just add the low carb veggies to fill it out (as
> well as provide the necessary nutrition). The penne and alfredo sauce
> packaged meal was a no no but the home made alfredo over, let me think -
> shiritake or shitake? One is mushrooms, one is noodles... Someone here
> will know.

Thanks, Ozgirl. I rarely go out, let alone shopping. When Jun cooks for me,
it's pretty low carb. Meat is mostly pork, chicken, beef, fish, shrimp
and/or mussels. She makes my favorite . . . lamb, on occassion. Veggies are
usually Chinese broccoli, spinach, bamboo shoots, snap peas, bean sprouts,
mushrooms, eggplant and such. Although I love Thai sticky rice (Cao Niao) I
only get about 1 or 2 Tbs of it on rare occasions.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote in message

>> It begs the question... why is she bringing high carb convenience

foods
>> into the house. The hotter the weather the more likely you are to

grab a
>> convenience meal than cook from scratch. If the wrong foods aren't

in the
>> house then you can't eat it easily.

Besides, my thinking is...no matter what comes into the house, as an
adult and a diabetic, the responsibility for what goes into ones mouth
lies with the person shovelling it in. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i just use cream and parm cheese..thickens on its own

KROM

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Alice Faber" > wrote in message
>> In article <5iNYj.2259$ju1.1107@trndny06>,

>>> I think most Alfredo sauce is pretty high in carbs. It's not something
>>> I've
>>> been tempted to eat because I never liked it. When I did eat dairy, I
>>> would
>>> usually just throw some cheese on the pasta instead of making a sauce.

>> A good alfredo sauce should be quite low carb. It's just butter, cream,
>> and parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Now what you put it on...that's
>> another story.

> Really? I assumed it had flour or cornstarch in it, but I never made it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Nick Cramer wrote:

>>> It begs the question... why is she bringing high carb convenience
>>> foods into the house. The hotter the weather the more likely you are
>>> to grab a convenience meal than cook from scratch. If the wrong
>>> foods aren't in the house then you can't eat it easily.

>> I beg to reply. Well, she went to this place to get CarbQuik for me.
>> Her English being somewhat limited, she assumed that everything there
>> was OK for me. I have since explained the difference between low carb
>> and low gluten to her. She thought she was doing something nice for
>> me. She's learning. Having spent the first 50 years of her life in
>> Thailand, the hot weather is no deterrant. She cooks in the house
>> from 6 AM to midnight, for her catering business, everything from
>> scratch. Does her and my meals, as well.

> What you could do is go shopping together and show her how to read carbs
> per serving. Example say that any food that is x gr or above per serving
> is not suitable for you. This would have to be for a whole meal. All your
> food components would have to add up to no more than x amount of carbs.
> Explain that noodles, pasta and the like are pretty much no no's for yuo.
> She is a good cook and could make some tasty meat-based meals out of herbs
> and spices. Then just add the low carb veggies to fill it out (as well as
> provide the necessary nutrition). The penne and alfredo sauce packaged
> meal was a no no but the home made alfredo over, let me think - shiritake
> or shitake? One is mushrooms, one is noodles... Someone here will know.

Do these web sites help?

<http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lowcarb-recipe-help-suggestions/400826-am-i-doing-something-wrong-shiritake-noodles.html>

http://www.lowcarbtransformation.com...ead.php?p=9117

<http://lowcarbeating.com/low-carb-diet-support/low-carb-cooking/17661-shiritake-noodles.html>

http://www.thedailyplate.com/groups/...noodle-addicts

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...ad.php?t=90910

http://www.angelvalleyfarm.com/

<http://www.earthy.com/Dried_Shiitake_Mushrooms_C197.cfm?gclid=CIKf8_G3uJ MCFRUWsgodIg3EDA>

<http://www.markyscaviar.com/home.php?cat=521&gclid=COjCyoO4uJMCFQoRswodGAmUCA>

http://www.shitakemonkey.com/IE4.htm

http://www.epicurious.com/tools/sear...search=shitake

<http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/ROASTED-SHITAKE-PORTOBELLO-AND-CRIMINI-MUSHROOMS-236263>

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-...shroom,FF.html

http://www.cancerguide.org/cit_lentinan.html

http://www.gardensalive.com/product....cd2=1211402208

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 21 May 2008 14:56:49 -0500, "krom"
> wrote:

>i just use cream and parm cheese..thickens on its own
>
>KROM

That's how I've been making it for years and my guys love it. I think
it was someone here who suggested grilled chicken to go with it
instead of pasta -- and it is totally yummy.

A pinch of taragon is a nice touch, too.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Ozgirl" > wrote:

> Julie Bove wrote:
> > "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> >> Today 5/20 FBG 84. Just before dinner 83. Had a 10.6 oz. frozen
> >> Glutino Penne Alfredo (61 gms net carbs) for dinner. One hour PP BG
> >> 158. Two hour 181. Three hour 142.
> >>
> >> Makes up for the previous days.
> >>
> >> 5/16 FBG 97 Before 83 1 hr 111 - bacon, eggs, 1/2 potato
> >> 5/17 FBG 85 no meal - A/C died, 105°F inside, stressed out
> >> 5/18 FBG 95 1 hr 118, 1 hr 86, 1 hr 105 - another hot day, just
> >> snacked 5/19 FBG 99 Before 89 1 hr 110 - bacon, eggs, cheesy
> >> mushrooms and potato

> > I think most Alfredo sauce is pretty high in carbs. It's not
> > something I've been tempted to eat because I never liked it. When I
> > did eat dairy, I would usually just throw some cheese on the pasta
> > instead of making a sauce.

> The sauce would do me more favours than the pasta.

Cauliflower, cauliflower, cauliflower!

--
"[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
This, apparently, upsets the fools."
---BB cuts to the pith of a flame-fest
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote in message

> >> It begs the question... why is she bringing high carb convenience

> foods
> >> into the house. The hotter the weather the more likely you are to

> grab a
> >> convenience meal than cook from scratch. If the wrong foods aren't

> in the
> >> house then you can't eat it easily.

> Besides, my thinking is...no matter what comes into the house, as an
> adult and a diabetic, the responsibility for what goes into ones mouth
> lies with the person shovelling it in. :-)

Thanks, Cheri. I totally agree.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote:
> i just use cream and parm cheese..thickens on its own

[ . . . ]

About the same as mine. I like to start it with some butter and EVOO and
sauté some garlic in it first, though.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" > wrote:
> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> > Nick Cramer wrote:

> Do these web sites help?
>[ . . . ]

Thanks, Robert. I'm currently in web site overload, but I'll get to them.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i like basil and or oregono and the seasoning i cook the meat or veggies in.

How i make mine is while the dreamfields is boiling i heat olive oil in a
pan and put a ton of garlic and the meat or veg in the pan and once cooked i
put in the heavy cream and parm till it gets all bubbly and delicious and
add the pasta into that.

KROM

"BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 May 2008 14:56:49 -0500, "krom"
> > wrote:
>
>>i just use cream and parm cheese..thickens on its own
>>
>>KROM

> That's how I've been making it for years and my guys love it. I think
> it was someone here who suggested grilled chicken to go with it
> instead of pasta -- and it is totally yummy.
>
> A pinch of taragon is a nice touch, too.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I do the same minus the butter.

KROM

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "krom" > wrote:
>> i just use cream and parm cheese..thickens on its own

> [ . . . ]
>
> About the same as mine. I like to start it with some butter and EVOO and
> sauté some garlic in it first, though.
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
> I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
> They
> are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not
> forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote:
> i like basil and or oregono and the seasoning i cook the meat or veggies
> in.
>
> How i make mine is while the dreamfields is boiling i heat olive oil in a
> pan and put a ton of garlic and the meat or veg in the pan and once
> cooked i put in the heavy cream and parm till it gets all bubbly and
> delicious and add the pasta into that.
> [ . . . ]

Oregano is de rigueur! Basil, too. I make Linguini Vongole Bianca (White
Clam Sauce), which is quite similar, but without the cheese mixed into the
sauce.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

hmm i dont got any clams but i do have some flounder..might cook that with a
cream sauce and serve it over noodles (dreamfields)..sounds good..wish i had
some fresh dill..

KROM

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "krom" > wrote:
>> i like basil and or oregono and the seasoning i cook the meat or veggies
>> in.
>>
>> How i make mine is while the dreamfields is boiling i heat olive oil in a
>> pan and put a ton of garlic and the meat or veg in the pan and once
>> cooked i put in the heavy cream and parm till it gets all bubbly and
>> delicious and add the pasta into that.
>> [ . . . ]

> Oregano is de rigueur! Basil, too. I make Linguini Vongole Bianca (White
> Clam Sauce), which is quite similar, but without the cheese mixed into the
> sauce.
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
> I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
> They
> are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not
> forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Robert Miles" > wrote:

>> Do these web sites help?
>>[ . . . ]

> Thanks, Robert. I'm currently in web site overload, but I'll get to them.
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!

You're welcome.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote:
> hmm i dont got any clams but i do have some flounder..might cook that
> with a cream sauce and serve it over noodles (dreamfields)..sounds
> good..wish i had some fresh dill..

OK. Linguini Flaunda Bianca. You could stuff the flounder with crab meat
for more decadence. Think Oregano!

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Dreamfields was What a moron!

krom wrote:
> i like basil and or oregono and the seasoning i cook the meat or veggies in.
>
> How i make mine is while the dreamfields is boiling i heat olive oil in a
> pan and put a ton of garlic and the meat or veg in the pan and once cooked i
> put in the heavy cream and parm till it gets all bubbly and delicious and
> add the pasta into that.

Just a little note for the Dreamfields users out there. Check the meter.
DH has been doing great with Dreamfields for several years. The last two
times we had it, his BG went up. It may just be him or there may be a
point where the body gets used to the "manufacturing process" and the
so-called undigestable carbs are digested.

Since the spike was not nearly as high as the same amount of regular
pasta would have caused, we'll still use it, but we will have even
smaller portions and he will count more carbs in his portion than the 5g
and bolus accordingly.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> krom wrote:
>> i like basil and or oregono and the seasoning i cook the meat or veggies
>> in.
>>
>> How i make mine is while the dreamfields is boiling i heat olive oil in a
>> pan and put a ton of garlic and the meat or veg in the pan and once
>> cooked i put in the heavy cream and parm till it gets all bubbly and
>> delicious and add the pasta into that.

> Just a little note for the Dreamfields users out there. Check the meter.
> DH has been doing great with Dreamfields for several years. The last two
> times we had it, his BG went up. It may just be him or there may be a
> point where the body gets used to the "manufacturing process" and the
> so-called undigestable carbs are digested.
>
> Since the spike was not nearly as high as the same amount of regular pasta
> would have caused, we'll still use it, but we will have even smaller
> portions and he will count more carbs in his portion than the 5g and bolus
> accordingly.
>
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
> Good Friends. Good Life

I think I've read that the more thoroughly you cook it, the higher your
bG is likely to go.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Yes i have noticed slightly higher numbers with them lately which is very
sad..but as you say its way way less then regular past or even a similar
serving size of beans etc so its still good for me..i portioned out a box of
penne pasta on a digial food scale and only cook and eat one serving..that
way im safe.

i bought some fish and as usual it wasnt very fresh..sigh so i cooked it soy
and fresh lemon and oyester sauce and hot pepper oil and ate that over
dreamfiels..was good and my numbers were good..highest i got to was 96 right
after and was 89 rest of the day with no sneak spike later.

KROM

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> krom wrote:
>> i like basil and or oregono and the seasoning i cook the meat or veggies
>> in.
>>
>> How i make mine is while the dreamfields is boiling i heat olive oil in a
>> pan and put a ton of garlic and the meat or veg in the pan and once
>> cooked i put in the heavy cream and parm till it gets all bubbly and
>> delicious and add the pasta into that.

> Just a little note for the Dreamfields users out there. Check the meter.
> DH has been doing great with Dreamfields for several years. The last two
> times we had it, his BG went up. It may just be him or there may be a
> point where the body gets used to the "manufacturing process" and the
> so-called undigestable carbs are digested.
>
> Since the spike was not nearly as high as the same amount of regular pasta
> would have caused, we'll still use it, but we will have even smaller
> portions and he will count more carbs in his portion than the 5g and bolus
> accordingly.
>
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
> Good Friends. Good Life

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

true

this is why i only cook a single serving a time..leftovers tend to raise u
more when u reheat it as well.

KROM

"Robert Miles" > wrote

> I think I've read that the more thoroughly you cook it, the higher your
> bG is likely to go.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I decided on penne and chinese flavors..was good

KROM

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "krom" > wrote:
>> hmm i dont got any clams but i do have some flounder..might cook that
>> with a cream sauce and serve it over noodles (dreamfields)..sounds
>> good..wish i had some fresh dill..

> OK. Linguini Flaunda Bianca. You could stuff the flounder with crab meat
> for more decadence. Think Oregano!
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
> I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
> They
> are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not
> forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote:
> I decided on penne and chinese flavors..was good

Most of the fish is cooked Thai style around here, except when I make
sashimi. Catfish is one of my cooked favorites.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

This was catfish :-(

I live the furthest from any ocean or good fishing towns so my fish is
always trucked in crap..bleh...

best catfish i ever had was in georgia..its caught by us..taken home alive
in a bucket and cleaned and fried literally within minutes of being
caught..was the best..had sunfish that way too in minnesota at a cabin and
that was also very good.

KROM

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "krom" > wrote:
>> I decided on penne and chinese flavors..was good

> Most of the fish is cooked Thai style around here, except when I make
> sashimi. Catfish is one of my cooked favorites.
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
> I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
> They
> are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not
> forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

For little Moron Michael Kuettner[_2_] General Cooking 33 27-09-2012 08:11 PM
Nick, was What a moron. Andy[_2_] Diabetic 4 22-05-2008 06:17 AM
Moron France 08 Ronin[_21_] Wine 8 20-01-2008 06:44 PM
FINTAN UK - CORRECTION - LEE TWAT INGRAM *NOT* AN INCOMPETENT MORON. HE'S VERY COMPTENT AT BEING A MORON LEE TWAT INGRAM General Cooking 1 28-06-2007 09:05 PM