kiltyone

Default Low Carb Bread Recipe

I have a wonderful beadmaker and would like to be able to make low carb
bread such as that sold by Orowheat. It is really good and has 8 grams
carb per slice. First time in years I have had a sandwich.
Many thanks

Jennifer

So would everyone...

As far as I know, there is no real good low carb bread machine recipes.

I gave my machine away, and I just buy the Orowheat.

Jennifer

kiltyone wrote:

> I have a wonderful beadmaker and would like to be able to make low carb
> bread such as that sold by Orowheat. It is really good and has 8 grams
> carb per slice. First time in years I have had a sandwich.
> Many thanks

kiltyone

Thanks,
I really like the LC Orowheat both the multi grain and regular wheat.
They really do taste good.
Guess I will just have to guess on my own.

Jennifer wrote:
> So would everyone...
>
> As far as I know, there is no real good low carb bread machine recipes.
>
> I gave my machine away, and I just buy the Orowheat.
>
> Jennifer
>

> kiltyone wrote:
>
>> I have a wonderful beadmaker and would like to be able to make low
>> carb bread such as that sold by Orowheat. It is really good and has 8
>> grams carb per slice. First time in years I have had a sandwich.
>> Many thanks

Jennifer

If you come up with anything... be sure to post it!

Jennifer

kiltyone wrote:

> Thanks,
> I really like the LC Orowheat both the multi grain and regular wheat.
> They really do taste good.
> Guess I will just have to guess on my own.
>
> Jennifer wrote:
>
>> So would everyone...
>>
>> As far as I know, there is no real good low carb bread machine recipes.
>>
>> I gave my machine away, and I just buy the Orowheat.
>>
>> Jennifer
>>

>> kiltyone wrote:
>>
>>> I have a wonderful beadmaker and would like to be able to make low
>>> carb bread such as that sold by Orowheat. It is really good and has
>>> 8 grams carb per slice. First time in years I have had a sandwich.
>>> Many thanks

mary folse

the keto mixes from Netrition are really not that bad!!!!!
"kiltyone" > wrote in message
> I have a wonderful beadmaker and would like to be able to make low carb
> bread such as that sold by Orowheat. It is really good and has 8 grams
> carb per slice. First time in years I have had a sandwich.
> Many thanks

kiltyone

Thanks,
but I don't like the Keto foods. Too many additives etc.
Will test and modify my regular bread recipes and will keep searching
the Internet.

mary folse wrote:
> the keto mixes from Netrition are really not that bad!!!!!
> "kiltyone" > wrote in message
>
>>I have a wonderful beadmaker and would like to be able to make low carb
>>bread such as that sold by Orowheat. It is really good and has 8 grams
>>carb per slice. First time in years I have had a sandwich.
>>Many thanks

Colleen

I've been experimenting with non-machine bread. I've been using wheat
gluten, whole wheat flour, wheat bran and a bit of white flour and lotsa
yeast. Not quite there yet as far a rising goes but it does taste good.
Just very, very dense. I don't know what proportions are for bread machines
but those are the ingredients I use. You might want to look on the bread
package. The list the ingredients in order of predominance. You might be
able to get a start from that.

HTH

"kiltyone" > wrote in message
> I have a wonderful beadmaker and would like to be able to make low carb
> bread such as that sold by Orowheat. It is really good and has 8 grams
> carb per slice. First time in years I have had a sandwich.
> Many thanks

pam_in_sc

kiltyone wrote:

> Thanks,
> but I don't like the Keto foods. Too many additives etc.
> Will test and modify my regular bread recipes and will keep searching
> the Internet.

One trick is that vital wheat gluten has half or less of the
carbohydrates of white flour, cup for cup. Milled flax seed is another
natural low carbohydrate ingredient, but the taste can be strong if you
use much.

I posted my recipe under the "borrowing son's computer" thread, but it
isn't that low carb.

Pam
t2 since Nov. 2003, diet and exercise

pam_in_sc

P.S.
useful on carb levels of different kinds of wheat flour at:
http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/gluten.html

kiltyone

pam_in_sc wrote:

> P.S.
> useful on carb levels of different kinds of wheat flour at:
> http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/gluten.html

Thanks so much