Rita

Default Unbelievable LOW CARB BREAD RECIPE @ 2 grams per ounce slice (35 calories)

Hi gang;

I'm on the Atkins Diet and I just had to create a good tasting low
carb bread that's easy to make.

I've eaten 1/2 of the 23 ounce loaf (22 grams of carbs) with protein
and very few vegies for a total of 30 grams per day for numerous days
and have lost weight (that's 12 slices of the bread per day!!!!).

See the site below for the recipe (This is a Philosophic site of mine
so don't be offended if you start reading answers to "Life's Deepest
Questions" that disagree with your own philosophy of life. I placed
the recipe towards the bottom of the page as "ANSWER #20". ENJOY!!!)

http://www.geocities.com/AnankeBook
paula

interested to know just what flour you used and how thin you are
cutting your slices??? i made a batch of bread this morning and i have
just looked at the flour bag plus three other kinds, and they range
from 63.5 to 77 1/2 carbs per hundred grammes.
LIMEYNO1

She used Gluten Flour and Wheat Bran.

Makes a 23 oz loaf.

"paula" > wrote in message
om...
> interested to know just what flour you used and how thin you are
> cutting your slices??? i made a batch of bread this morning and i have
> just looked at the flour bag plus three other kinds, and they range
> from 63.5 to 77 1/2 carbs per hundred grammes.

Rita

"LIMEYNO1" > wrote in message >...
> She used Gluten Flour and Wheat Bran.
>
> Makes a 23 oz loaf.
>
> "paula" > wrote in message
> om...
> > interested to know just what flour you used and how thin you are
> > cutting your slices??? i made a batch of bread this morning and i have
> > just looked at the flour bag plus three other kinds, and they range
> > from 63.5 to 77 1/2 carbs per hundred grammes.

I use Gluten (not hi-gluten flour); Wheat Bran (not Oat Bran); and Soy
Flour.

See the recipe at my husbands philosophic site under question #20 (I
had to put it there because it is a 150kb file which includes
pictures). Also you have to have the Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to
view it (Go to www.adobe.com to get the free reader if you don't have
one).
Rita

http://davidachazan.homestead.com/
> ~*~*~*~*~*~

Oat Bran is loaded with carbs and I wanted to achieve the lowest carbs
possible. I guess you can try Oat Bran but I think you'll have to eat
less bread for the carb count.

Happy Munching!!
H. W. Hans Kuntze

Rita wrote:

>Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady > wrote in me=

ssage >. ..
> =20
>
>>>Wheat Bran (not Oat Bran)
>>> =20
>>>

>>Why not oat bran?[....]
>> =20
>>

>Oat Bran is loaded with carbs and I wanted to achieve the lowest carbs
>possible. I guess you can try Oat Bran but I think you'll have to eat
>less bread for the carb count.
> =20

That's a fallacy and only true if you measure by volume and not by weight=
=2E

Wheat bran is a lot more bulky than oat bran, but they are almost equal=20
in carbs by weight.

Release 12 of the USDA Nutrient Database for Standard Reference

Oat Bran =3D 62.2 g Carbs per cup
66.2 per 100 grams
Wheat Bran =3D 37.4 g Carbs per cup
64.5 per 100 grams

--=20
Sincerly,

C=3D=A6-)=A7 H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
http://www.cmcchef.com ,
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it Happened"