FoodBanter.com

-   -   Low Carb Bread Recipe (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/13991-low-carb-bread-recipe.html)

kiltyone 07-05-2004 11:56 PM

Low Carb Bread Recipe

I have a wonderful beadmaker and would like to be able to make low carb
bread such as that sold by Orowheat. It is really good and has 8 grams
carb per slice. First time in years I have had a sandwich.
Many thanks

Jennifer 08-05-2004 12:31 AM

Low Carb Bread Recipe

So would everyone...

As far as I know, there is no real good low carb bread machine recipes.

I gave my machine away, and I just buy the Orowheat.

Jennifer

kiltyone 08-05-2004 12:36 AM

Low Carb Bread Recipe

Thanks,
I really like the LC Orowheat both the multi grain and regular wheat.
They really do taste good.
Guess I will just have to guess on my own.

Jennifer 08-05-2004 07:37 AM

Low Carb Bread Recipe

If you come up with anything... be sure to post it!

Jennifer

mary folse 08-05-2004 03:20 PM

Low Carb Bread Recipe

the keto mixes from Netrition are really not that bad!!!!!

kiltyone 09-05-2004 09:08 PM

Low Carb Bread Recipe

Thanks,
but I don't like the Keto foods. Too many additives etc.
Will test and modify my regular bread recipes and will keep searching
the Internet.

Colleen 11-05-2004 02:37 AM

Low Carb Bread Recipe

I've been experimenting with non-machine bread. I've been using wheat
gluten, whole wheat flour, wheat bran and a bit of white flour and lotsa
yeast. Not quite there yet as far a rising goes but it does taste good.
Just very, very dense. I don't know what proportions are for bread machines
but those are the ingredients I use. You might want to look on the bread
package. The list the ingredients in order of predominance. You might be
able to get a start from that.

HTH

pam_in_sc 11-05-2004 06:16 PM

Low Carb Bread Recipe

kiltyone wrote:

> Thanks,
> but I don't like the Keto foods. Too many additives etc.
> Will test and modify my regular bread recipes and will keep searching
> the Internet.

One trick is that vital wheat gluten has half or less of the
carbohydrates of white flour, cup for cup. Milled flax seed is another
natural low carbohydrate ingredient, but the taste can be strong if you
use much.

I posted my recipe under the "borrowing son's computer" thread, but it
isn't that low carb.

Pam
t2 since Nov. 2003, diet and exercise

pam_in_sc 11-05-2004 06:19 PM

Low Carb Bread Recipe

P.S.
useful on carb levels of different kinds of wheat flour at:
http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/gluten.html

kiltyone 12-05-2004 05:23 AM

Low Carb Bread Recipe

pam_in_sc wrote:

> P.S.
> useful on carb levels of different kinds of wheat flour at:
> http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/gluten.html

Thanks so much