Old 10-11-2003, 12:58 AM
Julie Bove

Default Lighten up your stuffing.

For years now, I've been making that quickie stuffing and adding plenty of
finely diced carrots, celery and onion. I also add additional parsley and
sage for extra flavor. . I also use less butter than is called for. And
the stuffing tastes just as good. If using raw veggies, you need to cook
them first in a little water or broth before adding to the stuffing. The
more veggies you add, the less carbs in the stuffing. I usually add enough
veggies to double the amount of stuffing.

Tonight, I didn't have much time to cook, so I added dried veggies to the
stuffing. It came out just as well.

I think I will look up some recipes though. The quickie stuffing contains
those dratted trans-fats and is made with either white bread or corn bread.
It would be nice to make it with whole grain bread.
--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Old 10-11-2003, 01:07 AM
t2_lurking

One of the things that came with my wife was her family's concept of potato
stuffing instead of bread.
This might be good for you, Julie, in particular.

t2_lurking
geabbottATabbottandabbottDOTcom
Do not mail to t2_lurking (auto-delete)
============================
Well, i dreamed i saw the silver
Space ships flying
In the yellow haze of the sun
-- Neil Young --

Old 10-11-2003, 04:28 AM
Julie Bove

"t2_lurking" wrote in message
One of the things that came with my wife was her family's concept of

potato
stuffing instead of bread.
This might be good for you, Julie, in particular.

Hmm... I might like it, but my family probably wouldn't. They like the
stuffing and I like the potatoes! I usually only eat a few bites of the
stuffing anyway.

Old 11-11-2003, 02:38 AM
Colleen

I use low carb bread for homade stuffing. Talk about being able to have
your cake and eat it too! I figure a 1/2C serving is the equivalent of 1
slice bread. Such a deal!!!!

Old 11-11-2003, 03:08 AM
t2_lurking

Once you have potato stuffing (with giblets, onions, well anything that goes
in regular stuffing) it's tough to go back. Built in mashed potatoes!

Old 11-11-2003, 03:55 AM
Siobhan Perricone

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:08:34 -0600, "t2_lurking"
wrote:

Once you have potato stuffing (with giblets, onions, well anything that goes
in regular stuffing) it's tough to go back. Built in mashed potatoes!
--

Potatoes are too carby for stuffing for me. WAY to carby.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"Who would have thought that a bad Austrian artist who's obsessed with the human physical ideal could assemble such a rabid political following?"
Old 11-11-2003, 03:23 PM
Gregory Gadow

*sigh*

Stuffing is something I've pretty much given up. I have found it difficult to
make anything that tastes good and is low-carb. Aside from that, it tends to be
a binge food, so not a good thing to have in the house.
--
Gregory Gadow

http://www.serv.net/~techbear

"If you make yourself a sheep, the wolves will eat you."
-- Benjamin Franklin