Julie Bove

Default Lighten up your stuffing.

For years now, I've been making that quickie stuffing and adding plenty of
finely diced carrots, celery and onion. I also add additional parsley and
sage for extra flavor. . I also use less butter than is called for. And
the stuffing tastes just as good. If using raw veggies, you need to cook
them first in a little water or broth before adding to the stuffing. The
more veggies you add, the less carbs in the stuffing. I usually add enough
veggies to double the amount of stuffing.

Tonight, I didn't have much time to cook, so I added dried veggies to the
stuffing. It came out just as well.

I think I will look up some recipes though. The quickie stuffing contains
those dratted trans-fats and is made with either white bread or corn bread.
It would be nice to make it with whole grain bread.
--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/