Old 29-10-2004, 01:21 AM
speedygg

Default Anybody using the Never-MT soap dispenser system?

I am thinking of purchasing the following soap dispenser that uses the
Never-MT conversion kit. I found it in the archives of this news
group. Looks pretty cool.

http://store.yahoo.com/custominserts...soandlodi.html

I am interested in comments from any owners that have purchased this
system and had time to use it. Not too keen on paying 35 bucks for a
soap dispenser. However if it is well made and works without clogging,
heck why not.

Thanks,

-pgg

Old 29-10-2004, 02:04 AM
Vox Humana

"speedygg" wrote in message
I am thinking of purchasing the following soap dispenser that uses the
Never-MT conversion kit. I found it in the archives of this news
group. Looks pretty cool.

http://store.yahoo.com/custominserts...soandlodi.html

I am interested in comments from any owners that have purchased this
system and had time to use it. Not too keen on paying 35 bucks for a
soap dispenser. However if it is well made and works without clogging,
heck why not.

I bought one and have used it for about a year. I get the gallon size dish
detergent from Costco and only have had to change it once. The system works
fine and has never clogged. The only down side is that the pump has a lot
more resistance since it is lifting the liquid from the bottom of the sink
cabinet instead of from the reservoir of the dispenser. Therefore, the pump
doesn't return instantly to the ready position and it takes a couple of
seconds before you can get another dose of detergent. I think I will see if
I can take the pump apart and replace the spring with a stronger one. Also,
the diameter of the tubing will not fit on every pump. I needed to replace
my pump because the finish was flaking off. The first replacement I bought
didn't work with the kit, the tube was too small in diameter. I found
another one (very cheap) at Home Depot that worked but as I mentioned, the
spring needs to be stronger to allow for a rapid sequence of pulses.

Old 29-10-2004, 06:55 AM
Rick Auricchio

In article , speedygg
wrote:

I am thinking of purchasing the following soap dispenser that uses the
Never-MT conversion kit. I found it in the archives of this news
group. Looks pretty cool.

http://store.yahoo.com/custominserts...soandlodi.html

I am interested in comments from any owners that have purchased this
system and had time to use it. Not too keen on paying 35 bucks for a
soap dispenser. However if it is well made and works without clogging,
heck why not.

You can buy just the conversion tube assembly from Custom Inserts for
$6.95. Find it at http://www.custominserts.com/nevermt.html .

I have four Never-MT kits, two on each sink. One handles dish
detergent, the other hand soap.

I use gallon jugs of each liquid. For the detergent, I use the Smart N
Final blue stuff (like Dawn). I don't dilute.

They've been working flawlessly for almost two years.

--
- rick http://www.cfcl.com/~rick/
Rick Auricchio Macs Only: Macintosh support
Old 29-10-2004, 05:19 PM
Vox Humana

"Rick Auricchio" wrote in message
In article , speedygg
wrote:

I am thinking of purchasing the following soap dispenser that uses the
Never-MT conversion kit. I found it in the archives of this news
group. Looks pretty cool.

http://store.yahoo.com/custominserts...soandlodi.html

I am interested in comments from any owners that have purchased this
system and had time to use it. Not too keen on paying 35 bucks for a
soap dispenser. However if it is well made and works without clogging,
heck why not.

You can buy just the conversion tube assembly from Custom Inserts for
$6.95. Find it at http://www.custominserts.com/nevermt.html .

I need to clarify my point. I bought the conversion kit that you
referenced, not the entire pump.

Old 29-10-2004, 07:41 PM
speedygg

Rick Auricchio wrote in message ...

You can buy just the conversion tube assembly from Custom Inserts for
$6.95. Find it at http://www.custominserts.com/nevermt.html .

I have four Never-MT kits, two on each sink. One handles dish
detergent, the other hand soap.

I use gallon jugs of each liquid. For the detergent, I use the Smart N
Final blue stuff (like Dawn). I don't dilute.

They've been working flawlessly for almost two years.

Thanks for the info and sorry to make a big deal out of a simple soap
dispenser. However we have the template person coming in about 2 weeks
and we will need to decide how may holes to drill for undermount sink.

Regarding having 2 soap dispensers installed by the sink, my wife was
concerned that we would get confused as to which is hand soap vs
detergent. I am at the point where I really don't give a damn, however
I suppose we could get 2 different color handles to distinguish.
Old 29-10-2004, 10:37 PM
Lisa

"speedygg" wrote in message
m...
and we will need to decide how may holes to drill for undermount sink.

Regarding having 2 soap dispensers installed by the sink, my wife was
concerned that we would get confused as to which is hand soap vs
detergent. I am at the point where I really don't give a damn, however
I suppose we could get 2 different color handles to distinguish.

I have two dispensers on my sink; one with dish soap and one with hand
soap. Both dispensers are the same. We put the one with dish soap on the
side that we usually wash the dishes in and the hand soap on the other side.
Every once in a while I do end up washing my hands with the dish soap LOL.

Old 30-10-2004, 04:19 PM
Rick Auricchio

speedygg wrote:

Regarding having 2 soap dispensers installed by the sink, my wife was
concerned that we would get confused as to which is hand soap vs
detergent. I am at the point where I really don't give a damn, however
I suppose we could get 2 different color handles to distinguish.

My hand-soap dispensers are white, matching all the other faucetry. The
detergent ones are black. It's especially useful when friends are over
for a cooking/dining evening.

I neglected to mention that my Never-MT kits are attached to Moen
dispensers.

Old 30-10-2004, 04:20 PM
Rick Auricchio

Don Wiss wrote:

When I had a soap dispenser I just had one. I used dish detergent for my
hands. I saw no reason not to. And isn't it cheaper?

I do occasionally when I want the better grease-cutting capabilities.
But long-term use of detergent may dry your skin. I also find that I
can use less of the lotion-soap product than the detergent for my
hands.

Old 01-11-2004, 01:29 AM
speedygg

All done. Bought 2 soap dispensors (same color) and will probably
place one on each side. Opted against different color dispensers given
that I would still have to explain to guest which one is soap vs
detergent.
I think I will use the dispensers with bottle for a while first to see
how big a chore it is to refill. The dispensers I bought allow you to
fill from top. We can always buy the Never-MT later if need be.

Thanks a lot for all the input.

Old 03-11-2004, 03:57 AM
Rick Auricchio

speedygg wrote:

I think I will use the dispensers with bottle for a while first to see
how big a chore it is to refill. The dispensers I bought allow you to
fill from top. We can always buy the Never-MT later if need be.

Many of the dispensers have an 8-ounce bottle. Though a fill would
probably last for several weeks, I just didn't want to fill from the
top.

An overflow while pouring from the gallon would be a real mess. Washing
soap off the counter could take forever!