Sandy

Default soap dispenser

Can someone give me their opinion of a built in soap dispenser for the
granite countertop I'm having put in? I'm thinking of a singlehanded faucet,
sprayer, and a soap dispenser with a undermount sink. Thanks for any advice.
Sis

Peter Aitken

"Sandy" > wrote in message
> Can someone give me their opinion of a built in soap dispenser for the
> granite countertop I'm having put in? I'm thinking of a singlehanded

faucet,
> sprayer, and a soap dispenser with a undermount sink. Thanks for any

advice.
> Sis

We got one - for hand soap - and like it. Also one for lotion. As for the
faucet, have you considered one of the models with a built in sprayer? In
other words, the business end of the faucet pulls out on a flexible tube.

--
Peter Aitken

Peter Aitken

"Sandy" > wrote in message
> Can someone give me their opinion of a built in soap dispenser for the
> granite countertop I'm having put in? I'm thinking of a singlehanded

faucet,
> sprayer, and a soap dispenser with a undermount sink. Thanks for any

advice.
> Sis

We got one - for hand soap - and like it. Also one for lotion. As for the
faucet, have you considered one of the models with a built in sprayer? In
other words, the business end of the faucet pulls out on a flexible tube.

--
Peter Aitken

SIs

We got one - for hand soap - and like it. Also one for lotion. As for the
faucet, have you considered one of the models with a built in sprayer? In
other words, the business end of the faucet pulls out on a flexible tube.

Thanks. Is it easy to refill and keep clean? Sis

Peter Aitken

"SIs" > wrote in message
> We got one - for hand soap - and like it. Also one for lotion. As for the
> faucet, have you considered one of the models with a built in sprayer? In
> other words, the business end of the faucet pulls out on a flexible tube.
>
> Thanks. Is it easy to refill and keep clean? Sis

You have to reach under the counter and unscrew it to refill - otherwise no
problems.

Peter Aitken

"SIs" > wrote in message
> We got one - for hand soap - and like it. Also one for lotion. As for the
> faucet, have you considered one of the models with a built in sprayer? In
> other words, the business end of the faucet pulls out on a flexible tube.
>
> Thanks. Is it easy to refill and keep clean? Sis

You have to reach under the counter and unscrew it to refill - otherwise no
problems.

Vox Humana

"SIs" > wrote in message
> We got one - for hand soap - and like it. Also one for lotion. As for the
> faucet, have you considered one of the models with a built in sprayer? In
> other words, the business end of the faucet pulls out on a flexible tube.
>
> Thanks. Is it easy to refill and keep clean? Sis

I agree on both issues. I would look for a faucet with a matching
soap/lotion dispenser.

Vox Humana

"SIs" > wrote in message
> We got one - for hand soap - and like it. Also one for lotion. As for the
> faucet, have you considered one of the models with a built in sprayer? In
> other words, the business end of the faucet pulls out on a flexible tube.
>
> Thanks. Is it easy to refill and keep clean? Sis

I agree on both issues. I would look for a faucet with a matching
soap/lotion dispenser.

Donald Tsang

Peter Aitken > wrote:
>"SIs" > wrote:
>> We got one - for hand soap - and like it. Also one for lotion. As for the
>> faucet, have you considered one of the models with a built in sprayer? In
>> other words, the business end of the faucet pulls out on a flexible tube.
>>
>> Thanks. Is it easy to refill and keep clean? Sis

>You have to reach under the counter and unscrew it to refill - otherwise no
>problems.

We had a dispenser for dishsoap that came with the kitchen faucet we
bought at Home Depot. The bottle broke off (I may have torqued it too
hard at some point), and the refilling was a pain in the first place.

Then I read on this newsgroup about the Never-MT adapter, so I ordered it
from http://customerinserts.com (actually, they had a special offer -- buy
3, get one free, so I got four of them). Installed it on Saturday. Seems
to work pretty well, except that the plastic tubing attaches directly to
the pump tube, so it fixes the rotation angle of the pump.

A minor quibble at worst, though. Otherwise, I'll probably only
have to replace the Costco-sized bottle of dishsoap every year or
so, and I won't have to reach up under the sink to do it. Thumbs up.

Donald
Donald Tsang

Peter Aitken > wrote:
>"SIs" > wrote:
>> We got one - for hand soap - and like it. Also one for lotion. As for the
>> faucet, have you considered one of the models with a built in sprayer? In
>> other words, the business end of the faucet pulls out on a flexible tube.
>>
>> Thanks. Is it easy to refill and keep clean? Sis

>You have to reach under the counter and unscrew it to refill - otherwise no
>problems.

We had a dispenser for dishsoap that came with the kitchen faucet we
bought at Home Depot. The bottle broke off (I may have torqued it too
hard at some point), and the refilling was a pain in the first place.

Then I read on this newsgroup about the Never-MT adapter, so I ordered it
from http://customerinserts.com (actually, they had a special offer -- buy
3, get one free, so I got four of them). Installed it on Saturday. Seems
to work pretty well, except that the plastic tubing attaches directly to
the pump tube, so it fixes the rotation angle of the pump.

A minor quibble at worst, though. Otherwise, I'll probably only
have to replace the Costco-sized bottle of dishsoap every year or
so, and I won't have to reach up under the sink to do it. Thumbs up.

Donald

Vox Humana

"Donald Tsang" > wrote in message
> Then I read on this newsgroup about the Never-MT adapter, so I ordered it
> from http://customerinserts.com (actually, they had a special offer -- buy
> 3, get one free, so I got four of them). Installed it on Saturday. Seems
> to work pretty well, except that the plastic tubing attaches directly to
> the pump tube, so it fixes the rotation angle of the pump.

I got one of these also. I find that the pump doesn't return very quickly
after you press it. Do you have that problem?

Vox Humana

"Donald Tsang" > wrote in message
> Then I read on this newsgroup about the Never-MT adapter, so I ordered it
> from http://customerinserts.com (actually, they had a special offer -- buy
> 3, get one free, so I got four of them). Installed it on Saturday. Seems
> to work pretty well, except that the plastic tubing attaches directly to
> the pump tube, so it fixes the rotation angle of the pump.

I got one of these also. I find that the pump doesn't return very quickly
after you press it. Do you have that problem?

Donald Tsang

Vox Humana > wrote:
>"Donald Tsang" > wrote:
>> Then I read on this newsgroup about the Never-MT adapter, so I ordered it
>> from http://customerinserts.com (actually, they had a special offer -- buy
>> 3, get one free, so I got four of them). Installed it on Saturday. Seems
>> to work pretty well, except that the plastic tubing attaches directly to
>> the pump tube, so it fixes the rotation angle of the pump.

>I got one of these also. I find that the pump doesn't return very quickly
>after you press it. Do you have that problem?

No, but that may be due to the pump design. It's definitely a bit
harder to pump, but when you consider that you're drawing the liquid
thirty inches up, as opposed to about eight inches, that only makes
sense.

Donald
Don Wiss

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Peter Aitken > wrote:

>You have to reach under the counter and unscrew it to refill - otherwise no
>problems.

That's strange. The one I had you could pull the plunger out from the top
and pour it in.

Don <donwiss at panix.com>.
Don Wiss

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Peter Aitken > wrote:

>You have to reach under the counter and unscrew it to refill - otherwise no
>problems.

That's strange. The one I had you could pull the plunger out from the top
and pour it in.

Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

Donald Tsang

Don Wiss > wrote:
>On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Peter Aitken > wrote:
>>You have to reach under the counter and unscrew it to refill - otherwise no
>>problems.

>That's strange. The one I had you could pull the plunger out from the top
>and pour it in.

How would you avoid overfilling, without being able to see the level
in the bottle? That's why I always unscrewed the bottle from beneath
(and probably why the neck of the bottle broke after several months...)

Donald
Donald Tsang

Don Wiss > wrote:
>On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Peter Aitken > wrote:
>>You have to reach under the counter and unscrew it to refill - otherwise no
>>problems.

>That's strange. The one I had you could pull the plunger out from the top
>and pour it in.

How would you avoid overfilling, without being able to see the level
in the bottle? That's why I always unscrewed the bottle from beneath
(and probably why the neck of the bottle broke after several months...)

Donald
SIs

Thanks much everyone. I wanted to be sure before I have a opening cut out in
the granite. Hopefully they sell replacement parts in case they do break.
Sis

SIs

Thanks much everyone. I wanted to be sure before I have a opening cut out in
the granite. Hopefully they sell replacement parts in case they do break.
Sis

Gini

In article >, SIs says...

>We got one - for hand soap - and like it. Also one for lotion. As for the
>faucet, have you considered one of the models with a built in sprayer? In
>other words, the business end of the faucet pulls out on a flexible tube.
>
>Thanks. Is it easy to refill and keep clean? Sis

====
Our soap dispenser refills from the top. The pump sits on the container (mounted
under the sink). To refill, you simply lift up the pump head and pour the soap
into the container.
====

Gini

In article >, SIs says...

>We got one - for hand soap - and like it. Also one for lotion. As for the
>faucet, have you considered one of the models with a built in sprayer? In
>other words, the business end of the faucet pulls out on a flexible tube.
>
>Thanks. Is it easy to refill and keep clean? Sis

====
Our soap dispenser refills from the top. The pump sits on the container (mounted
under the sink). To refill, you simply lift up the pump head and pour the soap
into the container.
====

Gini

In article >, Donald Tsang says...

>Don Wiss > wrote:
>>On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Peter Aitken > wrote:
>>>You have to reach under the counter and unscrew it to refill - otherwise no
>>>problems.

>>That's strange. The one I had you could pull the plunger out from the top
>>and pour it in.

>How would you avoid overfilling, without being able to see the level
>in the bottle?

===
You can see the soap level by looking down into the bottle. OR, you can pour in
as much as you know the bottle holds OR you can pour until it overflows then use
the overflow for washing dishes or wiping countertops....
===
>That's why I always unscrewed the bottle from beneath

===
I'd rather overflow it.
===
===
>(and probably why the neck of the bottle broke after several months...)
>
> Donald

Gini

In article >, Donald Tsang says...

>Don Wiss > wrote:
>>On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Peter Aitken > wrote:
>>>You have to reach under the counter and unscrew it to refill - otherwise no
>>>problems.

>>That's strange. The one I had you could pull the plunger out from the top
>>and pour it in.

>How would you avoid overfilling, without being able to see the level
>in the bottle?

===
You can see the soap level by looking down into the bottle. OR, you can pour in
as much as you know the bottle holds OR you can pour until it overflows then use
the overflow for washing dishes or wiping countertops....
===
>That's why I always unscrewed the bottle from beneath

===
I'd rather overflow it.
===
===
>(and probably why the neck of the bottle broke after several months...)
>
> Donald

Peter Aitken

"Don Wiss" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Peter Aitken > wrote:
>
> >You have to reach under the counter and unscrew it to refill - otherwise

no
> >problems.

> That's strange. The one I had you could pull the plunger out from the top
> and pour it in.
>
> Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

You are right - I was thinking about removing the whole unit for cleaning
which does require reaching under the counter.

--
Peter Aitken

Peter Aitken

"Don Wiss" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Peter Aitken > wrote:
>
> >You have to reach under the counter and unscrew it to refill - otherwise

no
> >problems.

> That's strange. The one I had you could pull the plunger out from the top
> and pour it in.
>
> Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

You are right - I was thinking about removing the whole unit for cleaning
which does require reaching under the counter.

--
Peter Aitken

Vox Humana

"Donald Tsang" > wrote in message
> Don Wiss > wrote:
> >On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Peter Aitken > wrote:
> >>You have to reach under the counter and unscrew it to refill - otherwise

no
> >>problems.

> >That's strange. The one I had you could pull the plunger out from the top
> >and pour it in.

> How would you avoid overfilling, without being able to see the level
> in the bottle? That's why I always unscrewed the bottle from beneath
> (and probably why the neck of the bottle broke after several months...)

Pour a little, take a look under the sink -- repeat!

Vox Humana

"Donald Tsang" > wrote in message
> Don Wiss > wrote:
> >On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Peter Aitken > wrote:
> >>You have to reach under the counter and unscrew it to refill - otherwise

no
> >>problems.

> >That's strange. The one I had you could pull the plunger out from the top
> >and pour it in.

> How would you avoid overfilling, without being able to see the level
> in the bottle? That's why I always unscrewed the bottle from beneath
> (and probably why the neck of the bottle broke after several months...)

Pour a little, take a look under the sink -- repeat!

Tyler Hopper

"Peter Aitken" > wrote in message
m...
> "Sandy" > wrote in message
> > Can someone give me their opinion of a built in soap dispenser for the
> > granite countertop I'm having put in? I'm thinking of a singlehanded

> faucet,
> > sprayer, and a soap dispenser with a undermount sink. Thanks for any

> advice.
> > Sis
> >

> We got one - for hand soap - and like it. Also one for lotion. As for the
> faucet, have you considered one of the models with a built in sprayer? In
> other words, the business end of the faucet pulls out on a flexible tube.

We have exactly this arrangement and it works very, very well. Though I don't
recall the brand we bought the SS faucet at Lowe's. It has a reasonably high
goose neck for really large pans, switches between stream and spray, and the
hose extends a little over 2'.

The soap dispenser is very handy and easy to refill. Just lift the pump assembly
and squirt your favorite soap.

If I had to I'd buy the same rig again tomorrow.

Tyler

Tyler Hopper

"Peter Aitken" > wrote in message
m...
> "Sandy" > wrote in message
> > Can someone give me their opinion of a built in soap dispenser for the
> > granite countertop I'm having put in? I'm thinking of a singlehanded

> faucet,
> > sprayer, and a soap dispenser with a undermount sink. Thanks for any

> advice.
> > Sis
> >

> We got one - for hand soap - and like it. Also one for lotion. As for the
> faucet, have you considered one of the models with a built in sprayer? In
> other words, the business end of the faucet pulls out on a flexible tube.

We have exactly this arrangement and it works very, very well. Though I don't
recall the brand we bought the SS faucet at Lowe's. It has a reasonably high
goose neck for really large pans, switches between stream and spray, and the
hose extends a little over 2'.

The soap dispenser is very handy and easy to refill. Just lift the pump assembly
and squirt your favorite soap.

If I had to I'd buy the same rig again tomorrow.

Tyler

Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>Can someone give me their opinion of a built in soap dispenser for the
>granite countertop I'm having put in? I'm thinking of a singlehanded faucet,
>sprayer, and a soap dispenser with a undermount sink. Thanks for any advice.

I had one that I used for a few months, then got tired of reloading it
and cleaning it.

I use a disposable pump now. Easier.

For dish detergent, I use a Gatorade bottle with a pull-up top. It's
great and easy to refill from a big container.

Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>Can someone give me their opinion of a built in soap dispenser for the
>granite countertop I'm having put in? I'm thinking of a singlehanded faucet,
>sprayer, and a soap dispenser with a undermount sink. Thanks for any advice.

I had one that I used for a few months, then got tired of reloading it
and cleaning it.

I use a disposable pump now. Easier.

For dish detergent, I use a Gatorade bottle with a pull-up top. It's
great and easy to refill from a big container.
Janni Cone

"Sandy" > wrote in message
> Can someone give me their opinion of a built in soap dispenser for the
> granite countertop I'm having put in? I'm thinking of a singlehanded

faucet,
> sprayer, and a soap dispenser with a undermount sink. Thanks for any

advice.
> Sis

I have a Grohe Ladylux Plus (tall with a lever handle and a pull out
sprayer) and a Grohe soap dispenser. Both in granite countertop. I LOVE
them both. After 7.5 years, the pushbutton on the sprayer part had worn a
hole in the rubber part. I was able to order a replacement (reasonably
priced) from Faucets Direct. Also, the spout on the soap dispenser had
corroded. I ordered another one and fixed. I also changed the handle to
chrome from black. The Grohe soap dispenser canister that is under the sink
doesn't screw on, but pushes on - no way to overtighten. I have 3 of them.
You can fill from the top, or take out the canister from the bottom. Since
you don't have to screw it on, just push, it's easier.

I will say that had I bought another type of faucet, I might not have been
able to get replacement parts easy. Functionally it was fine - it was a
cosmetic issues - but it was nice to be able to get the parts - easily and
reasonably priced.

Just something to keep in mind.
Janni

Janni Cone

"Sandy" > wrote in message
> Can someone give me their opinion of a built in soap dispenser for the
> granite countertop I'm having put in? I'm thinking of a singlehanded

faucet,
> sprayer, and a soap dispenser with a undermount sink. Thanks for any

advice.
> Sis

I have a Grohe Ladylux Plus (tall with a lever handle and a pull out
sprayer) and a Grohe soap dispenser. Both in granite countertop. I LOVE
them both. After 7.5 years, the pushbutton on the sprayer part had worn a
hole in the rubber part. I was able to order a replacement (reasonably
priced) from Faucets Direct. Also, the spout on the soap dispenser had
corroded. I ordered another one and fixed. I also changed the handle to
chrome from black. The Grohe soap dispenser canister that is under the sink
doesn't screw on, but pushes on - no way to overtighten. I have 3 of them.
You can fill from the top, or take out the canister from the bottom. Since
you don't have to screw it on, just push, it's easier.

I will say that had I bought another type of faucet, I might not have been
able to get replacement parts easy. Functionally it was fine - it was a
cosmetic issues - but it was nice to be able to get the parts - easily and
reasonably priced.

Just something to keep in mind.
Janni

DawnK

"Petey the Wonder Dog" > wrote in message
> Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>>Can someone give me their opinion of a built in soap dispenser for the
>>granite countertop I'm having put in? I'm thinking of a singlehanded
>>faucet,
>>sprayer, and a soap dispenser with a undermount sink. Thanks for any
>>advice.

> I had one that I used for a few months, then got tired of reloading it
> and cleaning it.
>
> I use a disposable pump now. Easier.
>
> For dish detergent, I use a Gatorade bottle with a pull-up top. It's
> great and easy to refill from a big container.

Yeah, we got tired of dealing with our soap dispenser, too. A pain to fill,
had to be replaced once. Now, I just have a liquid soap dispenser sitting
on my sink. It always works and it's much easier to refill.

Dawn

DawnK

"Petey the Wonder Dog" > wrote in message
> Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>>Can someone give me their opinion of a built in soap dispenser for the
>>granite countertop I'm having put in? I'm thinking of a singlehanded
>>faucet,
>>sprayer, and a soap dispenser with a undermount sink. Thanks for any
>>advice.

> I had one that I used for a few months, then got tired of reloading it
> and cleaning it.
>
> I use a disposable pump now. Easier.
>
> For dish detergent, I use a Gatorade bottle with a pull-up top. It's
> great and easy to refill from a big container.

Yeah, we got tired of dealing with our soap dispenser, too. A pain to fill,
had to be replaced once. Now, I just have a liquid soap dispenser sitting
on my sink. It always works and it's much easier to refill.

Dawn

Sis

"Janni Cone" > wrote in message
m...

> "Sandy" > wrote in message
> > Can someone give me their opinion of a built in soap dispenser for the
> > granite countertop I'm having put in? I'm thinking of a singlehanded

> faucet,
> > sprayer, and a soap dispenser with a undermount sink. Thanks for any

> advice.
> > Sis
> >

> I have a Grohe Ladylux Plus (tall with a lever handle and a pull out
> sprayer) and a Grohe soap dispenser. Both in granite countertop. I LOVE
> them both. After 7.5 years, the pushbutton on the sprayer part had worn a
> hole in the rubber part. I was able to order a replacement (reasonably
> priced) from Faucets Direct. Also, the spout on the soap dispenser had
> corroded. I ordered another one and fixed. I also changed the handle to
> chrome from black. The Grohe soap dispenser canister that is under the

sink
> doesn't screw on, but pushes on - no way to overtighten. I have 3 of

them.
> You can fill from the top, or take out the canister from the bottom.

Since
> you don't have to screw it on, just push, it's easier.
> I will say that had I bought another type of faucet, I might not have been
> able to get replacement parts easy. Functionally it was fine - it was a
> cosmetic issues - but it was nice to be able to get the parts - easily and
> reasonably priced.
> Just something to keep in mind.
> Janni
>
> Thanks, Janni. I like the Grohe Ladylux also. Since you've had it 7.5

years(I think you meant the faucet also?), has the sprayer held up well?
Someone has discouraged me a little by saying that the sprayer in the faucet
wears out sooner,but I think they were speaking of a lesser brand.May I ask
what type of sink you chose? I'm deciding between a granite sink in biscuit
color and a Kohler stainless sink with deep single bowl.Thanks for your
help. Sis

Sis

"Janni Cone" > wrote in message
m...

> "Sandy" > wrote in message
> > Can someone give me their opinion of a built in soap dispenser for the
> > granite countertop I'm having put in? I'm thinking of a singlehanded

> faucet,
> > sprayer, and a soap dispenser with a undermount sink. Thanks for any

> advice.
> > Sis
> >

> I have a Grohe Ladylux Plus (tall with a lever handle and a pull out
> sprayer) and a Grohe soap dispenser. Both in granite countertop. I LOVE
> them both. After 7.5 years, the pushbutton on the sprayer part had worn a
> hole in the rubber part. I was able to order a replacement (reasonably
> priced) from Faucets Direct. Also, the spout on the soap dispenser had
> corroded. I ordered another one and fixed. I also changed the handle to
> chrome from black. The Grohe soap dispenser canister that is under the

sink
> doesn't screw on, but pushes on - no way to overtighten. I have 3 of

them.
> You can fill from the top, or take out the canister from the bottom.

Since
> you don't have to screw it on, just push, it's easier.
> I will say that had I bought another type of faucet, I might not have been
> able to get replacement parts easy. Functionally it was fine - it was a
> cosmetic issues - but it was nice to be able to get the parts - easily and
> reasonably priced.
> Just something to keep in mind.
> Janni
>
> Thanks, Janni. I like the Grohe Ladylux also. Since you've had it 7.5

years(I think you meant the faucet also?), has the sprayer held up well?
Someone has discouraged me a little by saying that the sprayer in the faucet
wears out sooner,but I think they were speaking of a lesser brand.May I ask
what type of sink you chose? I'm deciding between a granite sink in biscuit
color and a Kohler stainless sink with deep single bowl.Thanks for your
help. Sis

Janni Cone

"Sis" > wrote in message

> > Thanks, Janni. I like the Grohe Ladylux also. Since you've had it 7.5

> years(I think you meant the faucet also?), has the sprayer held up well?
> Someone has discouraged me a little by saying that the sprayer in the

faucet
> wears out sooner,but I think they were speaking of a lesser brand.May I

ask
> what type of sink you chose? I'm deciding between a granite sink in

biscuit
> color and a Kohler stainless sink with deep single bowl.Thanks for your
> help. Sis

House/Kitchen/Faucet new in July 1997.
The sprayer needed to be replaced this year. There's a flexible rubber
membrane that you press over the actuator that allows the sprayer to change
from regular to spray. It has a crack/tear/spot on it. Functionally fine.
You really have to look to see it. I was ordering stuff online.......... I
replaced the handle - I had gone with "soft black" as the ahdnle finish.
It's not super durable and it was getting marred. So, I ordered a chrome
handle. I've not had to replace anything, really - it's been cosmetics and
I am trying to keep on top of things. Performance has been flawless.
Original hose. And I **use** the sink. A lot. Grohe has tons of
replaement parts available is you need stuff. I like that - I like the
style, I like the performance and I like the abilityto make small changes to
the base unit - i.e. handle color and sprayer color changes. (Faucet
redecorating????)

For our sinks, we went with undermount stainless. We had a hard time
finding one deep/large enough for a decent sized pot, so we eneded up going
with 2 "single" sinks from Kohler and placing them side by side. I would
think that there are more undermount sink options these days. I've had
solid surface sinks and didn't like them. Stainless worked for us, both
funcitonally and aesthetically - as our appliances were stainless, cabinet
pulls, regular door hardware, etc.

After 7.5 years, I am still pleased with our choices and the kitchen is
remarkabley cook friendly and great to entertain in.

Janni

Sis

Thanks so much, Janni for all your help! Sis
"Janni Cone" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Sis" > wrote in message
>

> > > Thanks, Janni. I like the Grohe Ladylux also. Since you've had it 7.5

> > years(I think you meant the faucet also?), has the sprayer held up well?
> > Someone has discouraged me a little by saying that the sprayer in the

> faucet
> > wears out sooner,but I think they were speaking of a lesser brand.May I

> ask
> > what type of sink you chose? I'm deciding between a granite sink in

> biscuit
> > color and a Kohler stainless sink with deep single bowl.Thanks for your
> > help. Sis
> >

> House/Kitchen/Faucet new in July 1997.
> The sprayer needed to be replaced this year. There's a flexible rubber
> membrane that you press over the actuator that allows the sprayer to

change
> from regular to spray. It has a crack/tear/spot on it. Functionally

fine.
> You really have to look to see it. I was ordering stuff online..........

> replaced the handle - I had gone with "soft black" as the ahdnle finish.
> It's not super durable and it was getting marred. So, I ordered a chrome
> handle. I've not had to replace anything, really - it's been cosmetics

and
> I am trying to keep on top of things. Performance has been flawless.
> Original hose. And I **use** the sink. A lot. Grohe has tons of
> replaement parts available is you need stuff. I like that - I like the
> style, I like the performance and I like the abilityto make small changes

> the base unit - i.e. handle color and sprayer color changes. (Faucet
> redecorating????)
>
> For our sinks, we went with undermount stainless. We had a hard time
> finding one deep/large enough for a decent sized pot, so we eneded up

going
> with 2 "single" sinks from Kohler and placing them side by side. I would
> think that there are more undermount sink options these days. I've had
> solid surface sinks and didn't like them. Stainless worked for us, both
> funcitonally and aesthetically - as our appliances were stainless, cabinet
> pulls, regular door hardware, etc.
>
> After 7.5 years, I am still pleased with our choices and the kitchen is
> remarkabley cook friendly and great to entertain in.
>
> Janni

Sis

Thanks so much, Janni for all your help! Sis
.. .