Old 16-11-2004, 04:53 PM
Sandy

Default soap dispenser

Can someone give me their opinion of a built in soap dispenser for the
granite countertop I'm having put in? I'm thinking of a singlehanded faucet,
sprayer, and a soap dispenser with a undermount sink. Thanks for any advice.
Sis

Old 16-11-2004, 09:50 PM
Peter Aitken

"Sandy" wrote in message
Can someone give me their opinion of a built in soap dispenser for the
granite countertop I'm having put in? I'm thinking of a singlehanded

faucet,
sprayer, and a soap dispenser with a undermount sink. Thanks for any

advice.
Sis

We got one - for hand soap - and like it. Also one for lotion. As for the
faucet, have you considered one of the models with a built in sprayer? In
other words, the business end of the faucet pulls out on a flexible tube.

--
Peter Aitken

Old 16-11-2004, 10:17 PM
SIs

We got one - for hand soap - and like it. Also one for lotion. As for the
faucet, have you considered one of the models with a built in sprayer? In
other words, the business end of the faucet pulls out on a flexible tube.

Thanks. Is it easy to refill and keep clean? Sis

Old 16-11-2004, 10:29 PM
Peter Aitken

"SIs" wrote in message
We got one - for hand soap - and like it. Also one for lotion. As for the
faucet, have you considered one of the models with a built in sprayer? In
other words, the business end of the faucet pulls out on a flexible tube.

Thanks. Is it easy to refill and keep clean? Sis

You have to reach under the counter and unscrew it to refill - otherwise no
problems.

Old 16-11-2004, 10:32 PM
Vox Humana

"SIs" wrote in message
We got one - for hand soap - and like it. Also one for lotion. As for the
faucet, have you considered one of the models with a built in sprayer? In
other words, the business end of the faucet pulls out on a flexible tube.

Thanks. Is it easy to refill and keep clean? Sis

I agree on both issues. I would look for a faucet with a matching
soap/lotion dispenser.

Old 16-11-2004, 10:53 PM
Donald Tsang

Peter Aitken wrote:
"SIs" wrote:
We got one - for hand soap - and like it. Also one for lotion. As for the
faucet, have you considered one of the models with a built in sprayer? In
other words, the business end of the faucet pulls out on a flexible tube.

Thanks. Is it easy to refill and keep clean? Sis

You have to reach under the counter and unscrew it to refill - otherwise no
problems.

We had a dispenser for dishsoap that came with the kitchen faucet we
bought at Home Depot. The bottle broke off (I may have torqued it too
hard at some point), and the refilling was a pain in the first place.

Then I read on this newsgroup about the Never-MT adapter, so I ordered it
from http://customerinserts.com (actually, they had a special offer -- buy
3, get one free, so I got four of them). Installed it on Saturday. Seems
to work pretty well, except that the plastic tubing attaches directly to
the pump tube, so it fixes the rotation angle of the pump.

A minor quibble at worst, though. Otherwise, I'll probably only
have to replace the Costco-sized bottle of dishsoap every year or
so, and I won't have to reach up under the sink to do it. Thumbs up.

Donald

Old 16-11-2004, 11:10 PM
Vox Humana

"Donald Tsang" wrote in message
Then I read on this newsgroup about the Never-MT adapter, so I ordered it
from http://customerinserts.com (actually, they had a special offer -- buy
3, get one free, so I got four of them). Installed it on Saturday. Seems
to work pretty well, except that the plastic tubing attaches directly to
the pump tube, so it fixes the rotation angle of the pump.

I got one of these also. I find that the pump doesn't return very quickly
after you press it. Do you have that problem?

Old 16-11-2004, 11:36 PM
Donald Tsang

Vox Humana wrote:
"Donald Tsang" wrote:
Then I read on this newsgroup about the Never-MT adapter, so I ordered it
from http://customerinserts.com (actually, they had a special offer -- buy
3, get one free, so I got four of them). Installed it on Saturday. Seems
to work pretty well, except that the plastic tubing attaches directly to
the pump tube, so it fixes the rotation angle of the pump.

I got one of these also. I find that the pump doesn't return very quickly
after you press it. Do you have that problem?

No, but that may be due to the pump design. It's definitely a bit
harder to pump, but when you consider that you're drawing the liquid
thirty inches up, as opposed to about eight inches, that only makes
sense.

Donald
Old 17-11-2004, 02:03 AM
Don Wiss

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Peter Aitken wrote:

You have to reach under the counter and unscrew it to refill - otherwise no
problems.

That's strange. The one I had you could pull the plunger out from the top
and pour it in.

Don donwiss at panix.com.