Cooking Equipment (rec.food.equipment) Discussion of food-related equipment. Includes items used in food preparation and storage, including major and minor appliances, gadgets and utensils, infrastructure, and food- and recipe-related software.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 04-12-2007, 07:57 PM posted to rec.food.equipment
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4
Default LF replacement parts for a Philips HR 7805/A Combo Stand Mixer, FoodProcessor & Blender

I have a Philips combination stand mixer, food processor and blender.
It was purchased it 10-15 years ago and it was quite a pricy unit at
that time. Last night I snapped the beater off when I was in a rush
and trying to cream butter and cream cheese that wasn't soft enough -
my own stupid fault. The beater is plastic with a metal shank that
goes into the machine. I called Philips Canada and parts are no
longer available for this unit. I hate to think that the machine is
no longer any good without this muchly used part. The food processor
still works fine along with the dough hooks and the egg white whipper
but the beater is an all-purpose beater and the one part I used the
most. Now that I'm done whining about my own stupidity, does anyone
know of a company that might be able to "MacGiver" me a new part by
forming a new piece of plastic for the metal shank? I know it can't
be glued because the spot where it broke is where all the main
pressure points on the beater are located.

On a long shot, my unit is a Philips HR 7805/A and any references to
it online are in Russian. Using Google Translation, it looks like
replacement disks for food processor part are available but I
couldn't
find anything that remotely looked like the beater I need. So, if
you've got an old one of these units sitting around gathering
dust ...

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 05-12-2007, 12:19 AM posted to rec.food.equipment
KLS KLS is offline
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 73
Default LF replacement parts for a Philips HR 7805/A Combo Stand Mixer, Food Processor & Blender

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 10:57:06 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I have a Philips combination stand mixer, food processor and blender.
It was purchased it 10-15 years ago and it was quite a pricy unit at
that time. Last night I snapped the beater off when I was in a rush
and trying to cream butter and cream cheese that wasn't soft enough -
my own stupid fault. The beater is plastic with a metal shank that
goes into the machine. I called Philips Canada and parts are no
longer available for this unit. I hate to think that the machine is
no longer any good without this muchly used part. The food processor
still works fine along with the dough hooks and the egg white whipper
but the beater is an all-purpose beater and the one part I used the
most. Now that I'm done whining about my own stupidity, does anyone
know of a company that might be able to "MacGiver" me a new part by
forming a new piece of plastic for the metal shank? I know it can't
be glued because the spot where it broke is where all the main
pressure points on the beater are located.


If I were you, I'd contact local machining shops: they fabricate
custom parts out of metal and plastic. Might cost more than you're
willing to pay, but it can be done.... Or try a community college that
has a tool and die or computer machining degree program: they might
like the challenge of creating a replica to test student skills.
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 05-12-2007, 09:30 AM posted to rec.food.equipment
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 221
Default LF replacement parts for a Philips HR 7805/A Combo Stand Mixer,Food Processor & Blender

On Dec 4, 12:57 pm, wrote:
I have a Philips combination stand mixer, food processor and blender.
It was purchased it 10-15 years ago and it was quite a pricy unit at
that time. Last night I snapped the beater off when I was in a rush
and trying to cream butter and cream cheese that wasn't soft enough -
my own stupid fault. The beater is plastic with a metal shank that
goes into the machine. I called Philips Canada and parts are no
longer available for this unit. I hate to think that the machine is
no longer any good without this muchly used part. The food processor
still works fine along with the dough hooks and the egg white whipper
but the beater is an all-purpose beater and the one part I used the
most. Now that I'm done whining about my own stupidity, does anyone
know of a company that might be able to "MacGiver" me a new part by
forming a new piece of plastic for the metal shank? I know it can't
be glued because the spot where it broke is where all the main
pressure points on the beater are located.

On a long shot, my unit is a Philips HR 7805/A and any references to
it online are in Russian. Using Google Translation, it looks like
replacement disks for food processor part are available but I
couldn't
find anything that remotely looked like the beater I need. So, if
you've got an old one of these units sitting around gathering
dust ...


Looks like the Brits have your part, methinks:
http://www.spares2go.co.uk/browse/PH...4279/s13915.ht

Post back if successful.
Pierre

  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 05-12-2007, 09:54 AM posted to rec.food.equipment
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 221
Default LF replacement parts for a Philips HR 7805/A Combo Stand Mixer,Food Processor & Blender

On Dec 5, 2:30 am, Pierre wrote:
On Dec 4, 12:57 pm, wrote:





I have a Philips combination stand mixer, food processor and blender.
It was purchased it 10-15 years ago and it was quite a pricy unit at
that time. Last night I snapped the beater off when I was in a rush
and trying to cream butter and cream cheese that wasn't soft enough -
my own stupid fault. The beater is plastic with a metal shank that
goes into the machine. I called Philips Canada and parts are no
longer available for this unit. I hate to think that the machine is
no longer any good without this muchly used part. The food processor
still works fine along with the dough hooks and the egg white whipper
but the beater is an all-purpose beater and the one part I used the
most. Now that I'm done whining about my own stupidity, does anyone
know of a company that might be able to "MacGiver" me a new part by
forming a new piece of plastic for the metal shank? I know it can't
be glued because the spot where it broke is where all the main
pressure points on the beater are located.


On a long shot, my unit is a Philips HR 7805/A and any references to
it online are in Russian. Using Google Translation, it looks like
replacement disks for food processor part are available but I
couldn't
find anything that remotely looked like the beater I need. So, if
you've got an old one of these units sitting around gathering
dust ...


Looks like the Brits have your part, methinks:http://www.spares2go.co.uk/browse/PH...EEL_STIRRER/m1...

Post back if successful.
Pierre- Hide quoted text -

- Show quoted text -


Looks like that link had a digit left off. Try this one:
http://www.spares2go.co.uk/browse/PH...279/s13915.htm

Pierre

  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 05-12-2007, 01:09 PM posted to rec.food.equipment
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4
Default LF replacement parts for a Philips HR 7805/A Combo Stand Mixer,Food Processor & Blender

Post back if successful.

Looks like that link had a digit left off. Try this one:http://www.spares2go.co.uk/browse/PH...EEL_STIRRER/m1...


Thanks for the link. I've sent them an email with some shipping
questions before I place the order. From what I can tell, this seems
to be a reputable company that's been around on the web since 2002 but
I'm a little leary about placing an overseas order with a company that
doesn't seem to be a large national company.

Thanks!

Leslie


  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 05-12-2007, 03:03 PM posted to rec.food.equipment
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 221
Default LF replacement parts for a Philips HR 7805/A Combo Stand Mixer,Food Processor & Blender

On Dec 5, 6:09 am, wrote:
Post back if successful.


Looks like that link had a digit left off. Try this one:http://www.spares2go.co.uk/browse/PH...EEL_STIRRER/m1...


Thanks for the link. I've sent them an email with some shipping
questions before I place the order. From what I can tell, this seems
to be a reputable company that's been around on the web since 2002 but
I'm a little leary about placing an overseas order with a company that
doesn't seem to be a large national company.

Thanks!

Leslie


As you've proven by your own research,the large national companies
just don't support this critter. Mom and Pop would be your only
recourse.
I'd take the item and run. Good luck.

Pierre
  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 21-01-2008, 10:21 PM posted to rec.food.equipment
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4
Default LF replacement parts for a Philips HR 7805/A Combo Stand Mixer,Food Processor & Blender

On Dec 5 2007, 10:03*am, Pierre wrote:
On Dec 5, 6:09 am, wrote:

Post back if successful.


Looks like that link had a digit left off. *Try this one:http://www.spares2go.co.uk/browse/PH...EEL_STIRRER/m1...



On Dec 5 2007, 6:19 pm, "
wrote:
On Dec 5, 8:12 am, wrote:

Does anyone have any experience ordering from the UK - just wondering
what customs and duty might be applicable if I buy this part. Looks
like it would be roughly $30 or so once converted to Canadian Funds
which seems quite reasonable to me.



As a follow-up, I was able to get this part from the UK and it arrived
today, January 21, 2008 after ordering it in early December. The part
cost approximately $43 in Canadian funds. I can vouch that Spares to
Go is a valid company and sent my part.

http://www.spares2go.co.uk/

Thanks to all who gave input.

  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 22-01-2008, 06:47 PM posted to rec.food.equipment
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 13
Default LF replacement parts for a Philips HR 7805/A Combo Stand Mixer,Food Processor & Blender

On Jan 21, 3:21*pm, wrote:
On Dec 5 2007, 10:03*am, Pierre wrote:

On Dec 5, 6:09 am, wrote:


Post back if successful.


Looks like that link had a digit left off. *Try this one:http://www.spares2go.co.uk/browse/PH...EEL_STIRRER/m1...


On Dec 5 2007, 6:19 pm, "

wrote:
On Dec 5, 8:12 am, wrote:


Does anyone have any experience ordering from the UK - just wondering
what customs and duty might be applicable if I buy this part. *Looks
like it would be roughly $30 or so once converted to Canadian Funds
which seems quite reasonable to me.


As a follow-up, I was able to get this part from the UK and it arrived
today, January 21, 2008 after ordering it in early December. *The part
cost approximately $43 in Canadian funds. *I can vouch that Spares to
Go is a valid company and sent my part.

http://www.spares2go.co.uk/

Thanks to all who gave input.



Good going! The world is getting smaller; time to whip some bangers
and mash. Use it well.
Pierre




Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vermont Castings Grill Replacement Parts JaredMiller13 Barbecue 0 19-02-2013 06:41 PM
Dormeyer Silver Chef Stand Mixer parts postingprofile General Cooking 3 16-09-2007 07:59 PM
Waring Blender Parts? Nartker Cooking Equipment 2 04-08-2005 06:12 PM
Braun stick blender parts Melba's Jammin' Cooking Equipment 14 07-11-2004 07:56 PM
Gaggia replacement parts Coffee 0 22-10-2004 12:55 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017