Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default LF replacement parts for a Philips HR 7805/A Combo Stand Mixer, FoodProcessor & Blender

I have a Philips combination stand mixer, food processor and blender.
It was purchased it 10-15 years ago and it was quite a pricy unit at
that time. Last night I snapped the beater off when I was in a rush
and trying to cream butter and cream cheese that wasn't soft enough -
my own stupid fault. The beater is plastic with a metal shank that
goes into the machine. I called Philips Canada and parts are no
longer available for this unit. I hate to think that the machine is
no longer any good without this muchly used part. The food processor
still works fine along with the dough hooks and the egg white whipper
but the beater is an all-purpose beater and the one part I used the
most. Now that I'm done whining about my own stupidity, does anyone
know of a company that might be able to "MacGiver" me a new part by
forming a new piece of plastic for the metal shank? I know it can't
be glued because the spot where it broke is where all the main
pressure points on the beater are located.

On a long shot, my unit is a Philips HR 7805/A and any references to
it online are in Russian. Using Google Translation, it looks like
replacement disks for food processor part are available but I
couldn't
find anything that remotely looked like the beater I need. So, if
you've got an old one of these units sitting around gathering
dust ...
Posted to rec.food.equipment
KLS KLS is offline

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 10:57:06 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

>I have a Philips combination stand mixer, food processor and blender.
>It was purchased it 10-15 years ago and it was quite a pricy unit at
>that time. Last night I snapped the beater off when I was in a rush
>and trying to cream butter and cream cheese that wasn't soft enough -
>my own stupid fault. The beater is plastic with a metal shank that
>goes into the machine. I called Philips Canada and parts are no
>longer available for this unit. I hate to think that the machine is
>no longer any good without this muchly used part. The food processor
>still works fine along with the dough hooks and the egg white whipper
>but the beater is an all-purpose beater and the one part I used the
>most. Now that I'm done whining about my own stupidity, does anyone
>know of a company that might be able to "MacGiver" me a new part by
>forming a new piece of plastic for the metal shank? I know it can't
>be glued because the spot where it broke is where all the main
>pressure points on the beater are located.

If I were you, I'd contact local machining shops: they fabricate
custom parts out of metal and plastic. Might cost more than you're
willing to pay, but it can be done.... Or try a community college that
has a tool and die or computer machining degree program: they might
like the challenge of creating a replica to test student skills.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Dec 4, 12:57 pm, wrote:
> I have a Philips combination stand mixer, food processor and blender.
> It was purchased it 10-15 years ago and it was quite a pricy unit at
> that time. Last night I snapped the beater off when I was in a rush
> and trying to cream butter and cream cheese that wasn't soft enough -
> my own stupid fault. The beater is plastic with a metal shank that
> goes into the machine. I called Philips Canada and parts are no
> longer available for this unit. I hate to think that the machine is
> no longer any good without this muchly used part. The food processor
> still works fine along with the dough hooks and the egg white whipper
> but the beater is an all-purpose beater and the one part I used the
> most. Now that I'm done whining about my own stupidity, does anyone
> know of a company that might be able to "MacGiver" me a new part by
> forming a new piece of plastic for the metal shank? I know it can't
> be glued because the spot where it broke is where all the main
> pressure points on the beater are located.
>
> On a long shot, my unit is a Philips HR 7805/A and any references to
> it online are in Russian. Using Google Translation, it looks like
> replacement disks for food processor part are available but I
> couldn't
> find anything that remotely looked like the beater I need. So, if
> you've got an old one of these units sitting around gathering
> dust ...

Looks like the Brits have your part, methinks:
http://www.spares2go.co.uk/browse/PH...4279/s13915.ht

Post back if successful.
Pierre

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Dec 5, 2:30 am, Pierre > wrote:
> On Dec 4, 12:57 pm, wrote:
>

> > I have a Philips combination stand mixer, food processor and blender.
> > It was purchased it 10-15 years ago and it was quite a pricy unit at
> > that time. Last night I snapped the beater off when I was in a rush
> > and trying to cream butter and cream cheese that wasn't soft enough -
> > my own stupid fault. The beater is plastic with a metal shank that
> > goes into the machine. I called Philips Canada and parts are no
> > longer available for this unit. I hate to think that the machine is
> > no longer any good without this muchly used part. The food processor
> > still works fine along with the dough hooks and the egg white whipper
> > but the beater is an all-purpose beater and the one part I used the
> > most. Now that I'm done whining about my own stupidity, does anyone
> > know of a company that might be able to "MacGiver" me a new part by
> > forming a new piece of plastic for the metal shank? I know it can't
> > be glued because the spot where it broke is where all the main
> > pressure points on the beater are located.

> > On a long shot, my unit is a Philips HR 7805/A and any references to
> > it online are in Russian. Using Google Translation, it looks like
> > replacement disks for food processor part are available but I
> > couldn't
> > find anything that remotely looked like the beater I need. So, if
> > you've got an old one of these units sitting around gathering
> > dust ...

> Looks like the Brits have your part, methinks:http://www.spares2go.co.uk/browse/PH...EEL_STIRRER/m1...
>
> Post back if successful.
> Pierre- Hide quoted text -

Looks like that link had a digit left off. Try this one:
http://www.spares2go.co.uk/browse/PH...279/s13915.htm

Pierre

Posted to rec.food.equipment

> > Post back if successful.
>
> Looks like that link had a digit left off. Try this one:http://www.spares2go.co.uk/browse/PH...EEL_STIRRER/m1...

Thanks for the link. I've sent them an email with some shipping
questions before I place the order. From what I can tell, this seems
to be a reputable company that's been around on the web since 2002 but
I'm a little leary about placing an overseas order with a company that
doesn't seem to be a large national company.

Thanks!

Leslie

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Dec 5, 6:09 am, wrote:
> > > Post back if successful.

> > Looks like that link had a digit left off. Try this one:http://www.spares2go.co.uk/browse/PH...EEL_STIRRER/m1...

> Thanks for the link. I've sent them an email with some shipping
> questions before I place the order. From what I can tell, this seems
> to be a reputable company that's been around on the web since 2002 but
> I'm a little leary about placing an overseas order with a company that
> doesn't seem to be a large national company.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Leslie

As you've proven by your own research,the large national companies
just don't support this critter. Mom and Pop would be your only
recourse.
I'd take the item and run. Good luck.

Pierre
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Dec 5 2007, 10:03*am, Pierre > wrote:

> > > Looks like that link had a digit left off. *Try this one:http://www.spares2go.co.uk/browse/PH...EEL_STIRRER/m1...

On Dec 5 2007, 6:19 pm, "
> wrote:
> On Dec 5, 8:12 am, wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have any experience ordering from the UK - just wondering
> > what customs and duty might be applicable if I buy this part. Looks
> > like it would be roughly $30 or so once converted to Canadian Funds
> > which seems quite reasonable to me.

As a follow-up, I was able to get this part from the UK and it arrived
today, January 21, 2008 after ordering it in early December. The part
cost approximately $43 in Canadian funds. I can vouch that Spares to
Go is a valid company and sent my part.

http://www.spares2go.co.uk/

Thanks to all who gave input.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Jan 21, 3:21*pm, wrote:

> On Dec 5 2007, 6:19 pm, "
>
> > wrote:
> > On Dec 5, 8:12 am, wrote:

> > > Does anyone have any experience ordering from the UK - just wondering
> > > what customs and duty might be applicable if I buy this part. *Looks
> > > like it would be roughly $30 or so once converted to Canadian Funds
> > > which seems quite reasonable to me.

> As a follow-up, I was able to get this part from the UK and it arrived
> today, January 21, 2008 after ordering it in early December. *The part
> cost approximately $43 in Canadian funds. *I can vouch that Spares to
> Go is a valid company and sent my part.
>
> http://www.spares2go.co.uk/
>
> Thanks to all who gave input.

Good going! The world is getting smaller; time to whip some bangers
and mash. Use it well.
Pierre

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Hey did you ever find parts for your blender? I found my moms in storage. It won't run but have all the accessories switch seems to be broke
Jenn. Canada
Posted to rec.food.equipment

www.mypartssite.com