Old 28-12-2012, 01:02 AM posted to rec.food.chocolate

Default The Dangers In Chocolate

On Friday, July 8, 2011 10:40:08 AM UTC-7, tan wrote:
You may not ever eat another Ring Ding for the rest of your life. In
this article, we'll cover just a few of the dangers of chocolate and
chocolate based products. In this article, we'll cover just a few of the
worst things you can put in your body. In this article, we'll cover just
a few of the worst things you can put in your body.

Well, as good as chocolate might taste, especially that absolutely
incredible German chocolate, it is probably one of the worst things you
can put in your body. If you counted the number of ads in newspapers,
magazines and on TV for some kind of chocolate product and tied them end
to end, you could probably go to the moon and back a hundred times. If
we weren't, we wouldn't be constantly bombarded with ads for Ring Dings,
Devil Dogs and what have you. Let's face it, many of us are
chocoholics.

--
tan

There is no end to the number of articles touting the benefits of dark chocolate for health

Old 23-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Member

Becoming a chocoholic is a risk that I'm willing to take!

One of my friends is allergic to chocolate. Whenever she eats something with a base of dark chocolate, she begins to sneeze uncontrollably. It is so cute!
Old 25-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetPelle View Post
Becoming a chocoholic is a risk that I'm willing to take!

One of my friends is allergic to chocolate. Whenever she eats something with a base of dark chocolate, she begins to sneeze uncontrollably. It is so cute!
...that is the strangest allergic reaction to chocolate I have ever heard! I have sympathy, but I also can't help but being amused by this
Old 25-02-2014, 06:29 PM
Member

Talking

That last post distracted me from I actually was trying to post!

I have found a recipe for chocolate coffee cake (Lavazza - AT HOME - Recipes - Chocolate coffee cake) which I have used before and really enjoyed. However, I have a friend whose birthday is coming up. She is allergic to chocolate (although it doesn't make her sneeze!). I want to make her a cake. My question is: do you think I could make this in a way that doesn't actually cause her head to inflate or whatever happens to her when she has chocolate?