Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Default The Dangers In Chocolate

On Friday, July 8, 2011 10:40:08 AM UTC-7, tan wrote:
> You may not ever eat another Ring Ding for the rest of your life. In
> this article, we'll cover just a few of the dangers of chocolate and
> chocolate based products. In this article, we'll cover just a few of the
> worst things you can put in your body. In this article, we'll cover just
> a few of the worst things you can put in your body.
>
> Well, as good as chocolate might taste, especially that absolutely
> incredible German chocolate, it is probably one of the worst things you
> can put in your body. If you counted the number of ads in newspapers,
> magazines and on TV for some kind of chocolate product and tied them end
> to end, you could probably go to the moon and back a hundred times. If
> we weren't, we wouldn't be constantly bombarded with ads for Ring Dings,
> Devil Dogs and what have you. Let's face it, many of us are
> chocoholics.
>

> --
> tan

There is no end to the number of articles touting the benefits of dark chocolate for health
Posted to rec.food.chocolate

On Thursday, December 27, 2012 4:02:33 PM UTC-8, wrote:
> On Friday, July 8, 2011 10:40:08 AM UTC-7, tan wrote:
>
> > You may not ever eat another Ring Ding for the rest of your life. In

> > this article, we'll cover just a few of the dangers of chocolate and

> > chocolate based products. In this article, we'll cover just a few of the

> > worst things you can put in your body. In this article, we'll cover just

> > a few of the worst things you can put in your body.

> > Well, as good as chocolate might taste, especially that absolutely

> > incredible German chocolate, it is probably one of the worst things you

> > can put in your body. If you counted the number of ads in newspapers,

> > magazines and on TV for some kind of chocolate product and tied them end

> > to end, you could probably go to the moon and back a hundred times. If

> > we weren't, we wouldn't be constantly bombarded with ads for Ring Dings,

> > Devil Dogs and what have you. Let's face it, many of us are

> > chocoholics.

> > --

> > tan

> There is no end to the number of articles touting the benefits of dark chocolate for health

Member

Becoming a chocoholic is a risk that I'm willing to take!

One of my friends is allergic to chocolate. Whenever she eats something with a base of dark chocolate, she begins to sneeze uncontrollably. It is so cute!
Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetPelle View Post
Becoming a chocoholic is a risk that I'm willing to take!

One of my friends is allergic to chocolate. Whenever she eats something with a base of dark chocolate, she begins to sneeze uncontrollably. It is so cute!
...that is the strangest allergic reaction to chocolate I have ever heard! I have sympathy, but I also can't help but being amused by this
Member

Talking

That last post distracted me from I actually was trying to post!

I have found a recipe for chocolate coffee cake (Lavazza - AT HOME - Recipes - Chocolate coffee cake) which I have used before and really enjoyed. However, I have a friend whose birthday is coming up. She is allergic to chocolate (although it doesn't make her sneeze!). I want to make her a cake. My question is: do you think I could make this in a way that doesn't actually cause her head to inflate or whatever happens to her when she has chocolate?