FoodBanter.com

-   Chocolate (https://www.foodbanter.com/chocolate/)
-   -   The Dangers In Chocolate (https://www.foodbanter.com/chocolate/421960-re-dangers-chocolate.html)

[email protected] 28-12-2012 12:02 AM

The Dangers In Chocolate

On Friday, July 8, 2011 10:40:08 AM UTC-7, tan wrote:
> You may not ever eat another Ring Ding for the rest of your life. In
> this article, we'll cover just a few of the dangers of chocolate and
> chocolate based products. In this article, we'll cover just a few of the
> worst things you can put in your body. In this article, we'll cover just
> a few of the worst things you can put in your body.
>
> Well, as good as chocolate might taste, especially that absolutely
> incredible German chocolate, it is probably one of the worst things you
> can put in your body. If you counted the number of ads in newspapers,
> magazines and on TV for some kind of chocolate product and tied them end
> to end, you could probably go to the moon and back a hundred times. If
> we weren't, we wouldn't be constantly bombarded with ads for Ring Dings,
> Devil Dogs and what have you. Let's face it, many of us are
> chocoholics.
>

> --
> tan

There is no end to the number of articles touting the benefits of dark chocolate for health

[email protected] 28-12-2012 12:03 AM

The Dangers In Chocolate

JanetPelle 23-04-2013 04:10 PM

Becoming a chocoholic is a risk that I'm willing to take!

One of my friends is allergic to chocolate. Whenever she eats something with a base of dark chocolate, she begins to sneeze uncontrollably. It is so cute!

JoleneF 25-02-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanetPelle (Post 1830036)
Becoming a chocoholic is a risk that I'm willing to take!

One of my friends is allergic to chocolate. Whenever she eats something with a base of dark chocolate, she begins to sneeze uncontrollably. It is so cute!

...that is the strangest allergic reaction to chocolate I have ever heard! I have sympathy, but I also can't help but being amused by this

JoleneF 25-02-2014 05:29 PM

That last post distracted me from I actually was trying to post!

I have found a recipe for chocolate coffee cake (Lavazza - AT HOME - Recipes - Chocolate coffee cake) which I have used before and really enjoyed. However, I have a friend whose birthday is coming up. She is allergic to chocolate (although it doesn't make her sneeze!). I want to make her a cake. My question is: do you think I could make this in a way that doesn't actually cause her head to inflate or whatever happens to her when she has chocolate?