phyteach

Default This is what happens when I get bored...

One of my favorite home made sauces is a cola/ketchup based sauce that
I got from the Weber cookbook. So then I got to thinking, if cola and
ketchup are good, what about mustard? But then I thought the cola
wouldn't go...ginger ale! Mustard and ginger ale. Toss in some honey,
corn syrup, cider vinegar, crushed pepper, and Franks red hot. Oooooh
it's yummy, and once it has cooked down and is nice and thick...hooo
boy!

Scott

Ol'Hippie

hey Scott, Don't know you from Adam but I like your thinkin'. That is
how you develop award winning sauce.
I prefer spices to cola but that is MHO.
PS use paste not Ketchup and play with your flavors you might find you
have a winner
Bruce-n-Gold Beach

phyteach wrote:
> One of my favorite home made sauces is a cola/ketchup based sauce that
> I got from the Weber cookbook. So then I got to thinking, if cola and
> ketchup are good, what about mustard? But then I thought the cola
> wouldn't go...ginger ale! Mustard and ginger ale. Toss in some honey,
> corn syrup, cider vinegar, crushed pepper, and Franks red hot. Oooooh
> it's yummy, and once it has cooked down and is nice and thick...hooo
> boy!
>
> Scott

Duwop

> phyteach wrote:
> > One of my favorite home made sauces is a cola/ketchup based sauce that
> > I got from the Weber cookbook. So then I got to thinking, if cola and
> > ketchup are good, what about mustard? But then I thought the cola
> > wouldn't go...ginger ale! Mustard and ginger ale. Toss in some honey,
> > corn syrup, cider vinegar, crushed pepper, and Franks red hot. Oooooh
> > it's yummy, and once it has cooked down and is nice and thick...hooo
> > boy!
> >
> > Scott

Scot, it's honest to god lovers of food like you that make this NG fun.
Thanks!

phyteach

I'm just glad to finally have something to add.

Scott

Jack Schidt®

"phyteach" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> One of my favorite home made sauces is a cola/ketchup based sauce that
> I got from the Weber cookbook. So then I got to thinking, if cola and
> ketchup are good, what about mustard? But then I thought the cola
> wouldn't go...ginger ale! Mustard and ginger ale. Toss in some honey,
> corn syrup, cider vinegar, crushed pepper, and Franks red hot. Oooooh
> it's yummy, and once it has cooked down and is nice and thick...hooo
> boy!
>
> Scott

Hehe, I like the way you think. And, pale or golden makes no difference!

Bored....? [email protected] Diabetic 12 10-05-2007 07:18 PM
Bored? Sheldon General Cooking 8 21-01-2007 11:02 PM
I'm bored and hot -L. General Cooking 0 18-07-2006 11:56 PM
I'm bored and hot ~xy~ General Cooking 0 18-07-2006 05:15 PM
Bored? Melinda Tea 22 07-04-2005 05:33 PM