JakBQuik

Default Ah to be in Wenatchee today!

I'm positively green with envy and flushed with excitement for anyone eating
Dave's BBQ in Wenatchee today! High fives, good lucks and attaboys galore
for Mr. Bugg! Good on ya's and WTG's for TFM and Kili and Chef Juke!

Drink a cold soldier for this Austinite!

John in Austin

GmagicB

"JakBQuik" > wrote in message
> I'm positively green with envy and flushed with excitement for anyone

eating
> Dave's BBQ in Wenatchee today! High fives, good lucks and attaboys

galore
> for Mr. Bugg! Good on ya's and WTG's for TFM and Kili and Chef Juke!
>
> Drink a cold soldier for this Austinite!
>
> John in Austin

John

What do you like for Q in Austin? I'm a big fan of both John Mueller's (five
stars on the brisket), and Sam's. Sam's sausage is excellent, as are the
ribs.
Tried World Headquarters, thought it was way over rated.

Best,
George
(In San Antonio)

GmagicB

"JakBQuik" > wrote in message
> I'm positively green with envy and flushed with excitement for anyone

eating
> Dave's BBQ in Wenatchee today! High fives, good lucks and attaboys

galore
> for Mr. Bugg! Good on ya's and WTG's for TFM and Kili and Chef Juke!
>
> Drink a cold soldier for this Austinite!
>
> John in Austin

John

What do you like for Q in Austin? I'm a big fan of both John Mueller's (five
stars on the brisket), and Sam's. Sam's sausage is excellent, as are the
ribs.
Tried World Headquarters, thought it was way over rated.

Best,
George
(In San Antonio)

JakBQuik

"GmagicB" > wrote in message

> What do you like for Q in Austin? I'm a big fan of both John Mueller's
> (five
> stars on the brisket), and Sam's. Sam's sausage is excellent, as are the
> ribs.
> Tried World Headquarters, thought it was way over rated.
>
> Best,
> George
> (In San Antonio)

George, I don't eat BBQ in restaurants in Austin very often. When I get a
hankering for Q I fire up the Kamado. I've never eaten at John Mueller's
nor at Sam's so I can give you no input there.

As far as I'm concerned, the BBQ mecca of the entire planet is Central
Market in Luling.

GmagicB

"JakBQuik" > wrote in message

> As far as I'm concerned, the BBQ mecca of the entire planet is Central
> Market in Luling.

Yeah, it's a great place. I would add Smitty's and/or Kreuz Market in
Lockhart to the mix, as well. Last time I was at City Market - about six
months ago, the ribs were kind of dry. It really suprised me. Must have been
the tv the guys in the pit had going! Guess even the greats can have a bad
day now and then!

All in all though, it has to be said that Lockhart-Luling is the epicenter
of great Texas Barbecue.

You should give Mueller's and Sam's a try. Both made the Texas Monthly Top
50 last year, and each has some great atmosphere in addition to the cooking!

Best,
George

T. L. Hicks

"GmagicB" > wrote in message
nk.net...

> "JakBQuik" > wrote in message
>

>> As far as I'm concerned, the BBQ mecca of the entire planet is Central
>> Market in Luling.
>>

> Yeah, it's a great place. I would add Smitty's and/or Kreuz Market in
> Lockhart to the mix, as well. Last time I was at City Market - about six
> months ago, the ribs were kind of dry. It really suprised me. Must have
> been
> the tv the guys in the pit had going! Guess even the greats can have a bad
> day now and then!
>
> All in all though, it has to be said that Lockhart-Luling is the epicenter
> of great Texas Barbecue.
>
> You should give Mueller's and Sam's a try. Both made the Texas Monthly Top
> 50 last year, and each has some great atmosphere in addition to the
> cooking!
>
> Best,
> George

Of course we all know there is a NEW BBQ MECCA of the world. It's in
Wenatchee WA (as long as they don't run out of food when we're there)

T. L. Hicks

Big Jim

"T. L. Hicks" > wrote in message

> Of course we all know there is a NEW BBQ MECCA of the world. It's in
> Wenatchee WA (as long as they don't run out of food when we're there)
>
> T. L. Hicks

-- We did, opened at 11:00 AM and closed at 4:30 PM. Cooked all the pit
would hold. Sold out.
Big Jim

www.lazyq.com

T. L. Hicks

"Big Jim" wrote:

>>(as long as they don't run out of food when we're there)
>>
>> T. L. Hicks
>>

> -- We did, opened at 11:00 AM and closed at 4:30 PM. Cooked all the pit
> would hold. Sold out.
> Big Jim

I heard and congratulations to all involved.

Is it time to get a bigger pit already?
:-)

T. L. Hicks

TFM®

JakBQuik wrote:
> I'm positively green with envy and flushed with excitement for anyone
> eating Dave's BBQ in Wenatchee today! High fives, good lucks and
> attaboys galore for Mr. Bugg! Good on ya's and WTG's for TFM and
> Kili and Chef Juke!
> Drink a cold soldier for this Austinite!
>
> John in Austin

BTW, Mr Bugg makes the best tasting brisket I've ever eaten. He deserves
all the success that is sure to come his way.

Everybody that was there was absolutely wonderful. What a great bunch of
people.

Dave has a great joint that fills a void in that part of the country. Right
on, bruddah! May your cooker always be filled with good smoke, and your
cash register always be filled with profit.

Thanks for hosting this get-together.

TFM®

TFM®

JakBQuik wrote:
> I'm positively green with envy and flushed with excitement for anyone
> eating Dave's BBQ in Wenatchee today! High fives, good lucks and
> attaboys galore for Mr. Bugg! Good on ya's and WTG's for TFM and
> Kili and Chef Juke!
> Drink a cold soldier for this Austinite!
>
> John in Austin

BTW, Mr Bugg makes the best tasting brisket I've ever eaten. He deserves
all the success that is sure to come his way.

Everybody that was there was absolutely wonderful. What a great bunch of
people.

Dave has a great joint that fills a void in that part of the country. Right
on, bruddah! May your cooker always be filled with good smoke, and your
cash register always be filled with profit.

Thanks for hosting this get-together.

TFM®

TFM®

Brick wrote:

> I can't believe you're around and about already. I met my second wife
> on a friday night and didn't come up for air until Sunday night.
> Congrats on your nuptuals. Soon as I locate a round-to-it I'll tote a
> couple of cases of Miller lite your way.

The little lady prefers Coors light if you remember. <G>

TFM®

"TFM®" > wrote:
> Brick wrote:
>
> > I can't believe you're around and about already. I met my second wife
> > on a friday night and didn't come up for air until Sunday night.
> > Congrats on your nuptuals. Soon as I locate a round-to-it I'll tote a
> > couple of cases of Miller lite your way.

> The little lady prefers Coors light if you remember. <G>

Uhhh! She was drinkin' Guinness Stout when I met you guys!

--
Intuitive insights from Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley

Vote Freedom First, but if ya don't vote, don't complain!

"TFM®" > wrote:
> Brick wrote:
>
> > I can't believe you're around and about already. I met my second wife
> > on a friday night and didn't come up for air until Sunday night.
> > Congrats on your nuptuals. Soon as I locate a round-to-it I'll tote a
> > couple of cases of Miller lite your way.

> The little lady prefers Coors light if you remember. <G>

Uhhh! She was drinkin' Guinness Stout when I met you guys!

--
Intuitive insights from Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley

Vote Freedom First, but if ya don't vote, don't complain!
Brick

On 20-Oct-2004, "TFM®" > wrote:

> Brick wrote:
>
> > I can't believe you're around and about already. I met my second wife
> > on a friday night and didn't come up for air until Sunday night.
> > Congrats on your nuptuals. Soon as I locate a round-to-it I'll tote a
> > couple of cases of Miller lite your way.

> The little lady prefers Coors light if you remember. <G>
>
> TFM®

I can do that. Wishing you and Kili only good luck for the future.

--
Brick(DL5BF, WA7ERO, HS4ADI)

Brick

On 20-Oct-2004, "TFM®" > wrote:

> Brick wrote:
>
> > I can't believe you're around and about already. I met my second wife
> > on a friday night and didn't come up for air until Sunday night.
> > Congrats on your nuptuals. Soon as I locate a round-to-it I'll tote a
> > couple of cases of Miller lite your way.

> The little lady prefers Coors light if you remember. <G>
>
> TFM®

I can do that. Wishing you and Kili only good luck for the future.

--
Brick(DL5BF, WA7ERO, HS4ADI)

Jack Sloan

"Brick" > wrote in message
> On . I have
> it on good authority that the bride prefers Coors Lite, but I'll bet she
> would scarf some Lone Star if that was the only thing in the house.
> Maybe I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

No , No..... not the dreaded Lone Star...even Berghoff 1887 would be
better.
Jack

Brick

On 22-Oct-2004, BigDog > wrote:

> Jack Sloan wrote in alt.food.barbecue
>
> >> On . I have
> >> it on good authority that the bride prefers Coors Lite, but I'll bet she
> >> would scarf some Lone Star if that was the only thing in the house.
> >> Maybe I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

> > No , No..... not the dreaded Lone Star...even Berghoff 1887 would be
> > better.
> > Jack

> I live in Texas and I don't drink that swill.

When I was in Texas in 1959, there was 'Pearl' and "Lone Star'.
Take your pick. I chose Lone Star because 'Pearl' tasted like
fertilizer. Oh yeh, rib steaks were 49¢/lb.
--
Brick(DL5BF, WA7ERO, HS4ADI)

BigDog

Brick wrote in alt.food.barbecue

>> I live in Texas and I don't drink that swill.
>>

> When I was in Texas in 1959, there was 'Pearl' and "Lone Star'.
> Take your pick. I chose Lone Star because 'Pearl' tasted like
> fertilizer. Oh yeh, rib steaks were 49¢/lb.

I was born in Texas in 1958 moved away in '68 (AF brat) came back
in '76 and been here since. Tried both and never had either since.
Remember cigs were 49 cents a pack and gas 69 cents a gallon in '76.
Then everything went to shit.

--
BigDog,
To E-mail me, you know what to do.
Jack Sloan

"BigDog" > wrote in message
> Brick wrote in alt.food.barbecue
>
> >> I live in Texas and I don't drink that swill.
> >>

> > When I was in Texas in 1959, there was 'Pearl' and "Lone Star'.
> > Take your pick. I chose Lone Star because 'Pearl' tasted like
> > fertilizer. Oh yeh, rib steaks were 49¢/lb.

> I was born in Texas in 1958 moved away in '68 (AF brat) came back
> in '76 and been here since. Tried both and never had either since.
> Remember cigs were 49 cents a pack and gas 69 cents a gallon in '76.
> Then everything went to shit.

BD I've been here a bit longer than that...quit smokin' when they went to
..35 a pack cheapest gas I ever got was .16 in Cisco, Tx. Beer was .69 a
sixpack but Lone Star was .49. I drank a bit of it. In Lubbock in about'65
hamburger meat was 5 pounds for a dollar at the meat markt on 2nd
Place.(that part IS on topic 'cause we grilled it on what I think was a
mister smokey.)
Jack

BigDog

Jack Sloan wrote in alt.food.barbecue

> "BigDog" > wrote in message
>> Brick wrote in alt.food.barbecue

>> > When I was in Texas in 1959, there was 'Pearl' and "Lone Star'.
>> > Take your pick. I chose Lone Star because 'Pearl' tasted like
>> > fertilizer. Oh yeh, rib steaks were 49¢/lb.

>> I was born in Texas in 1958 moved away in '68 (AF brat) came back
>> in '76 and been here since. Tried both and never had either since.
>> Remember cigs were 49 cents a pack and gas 69 cents a gallon in '76.
>> Then everything went to shit.
>>

> BD I've been here a bit longer than that...quit smokin' when they
> went to
> .35 a pack cheapest gas I ever got was .16 in Cisco, Tx. Beer was .69
> a sixpack but Lone Star was .49. I drank a bit of it. In Lubbock in
> about'65 hamburger meat was 5 pounds for a dollar at the meat markt on
> 2nd Place.(that part IS on topic 'cause we grilled it on what I think
> was a mister smokey.)
> Jack

Guess I'm not quite as old as you Jack. Don't remember things
that long ago.

--
BigDog,
To E-mail me, you know what to do.
Matthew L. Martin

BigDog wrote:

> Jack Sloan wrote in alt.food.barbecue
>

>> BD I've been here a bit longer than that...quit smokin' when they
>> went to
>>.35 a pack cheapest gas I ever got was .16 in Cisco, Tx. Beer was .69
>>a sixpack but Lone Star was .49. I drank a bit of it. In Lubbock in
>>about'65 hamburger meat was 5 pounds for a dollar at the meat markt on
>>2nd Place.(that part IS on topic 'cause we grilled it on what I think
>>was a mister smokey.)
>>Jack
>>

> Guess I'm not quite as old as you Jack. Don't remember things
> that long ago.

Not as old? Maybe older. The memory is the second thing to go.

Matthew (Damned if I can remember what the first was)

Wenatchee WA Eddie Barbecue 20 18-12-2009 06:39 PM
Dave B.: Q in Cashmere, WA. . near Wenatchee Pierre[_1_] Barbecue 3 05-10-2008 04:47 PM
Update from Dave in Wenatchee.... Chef Juke Barbecue 24 21-11-2004 09:34 PM
Report from WENATCHEE.... Chef Juke Barbecue 48 22-10-2004 01:30 PM
OT - Confirmed Travel To Wenatchee M&M Barbecue 47 25-08-2004 03:42 PM