Jack Sloan

"BigDog" > wrote in message
> Brick wrote in alt.food.barbecue
>
> >> I live in Texas and I don't drink that swill.
> >>

> > When I was in Texas in 1959, there was 'Pearl' and "Lone Star'.
> > Take your pick. I chose Lone Star because 'Pearl' tasted like
> > fertilizer. Oh yeh, rib steaks were 49¢/lb.

> I was born in Texas in 1958 moved away in '68 (AF brat) came back
> in '76 and been here since. Tried both and never had either since.
> Remember cigs were 49 cents a pack and gas 69 cents a gallon in '76.
> Then everything went to shit.

BD I've been here a bit longer than that...quit smokin' when they went to
..35 a pack cheapest gas I ever got was .16 in Cisco, Tx. Beer was .69 a
sixpack but Lone Star was .49. I drank a bit of it. In Lubbock in about'65
hamburger meat was 5 pounds for a dollar at the meat markt on 2nd
Place.(that part IS on topic 'cause we grilled it on what I think was a
mister smokey.)
Jack