GmagicB

"JakBQuik" > wrote in message

> As far as I'm concerned, the BBQ mecca of the entire planet is Central
> Market in Luling.

Yeah, it's a great place. I would add Smitty's and/or Kreuz Market in
Lockhart to the mix, as well. Last time I was at City Market - about six
months ago, the ribs were kind of dry. It really suprised me. Must have been
the tv the guys in the pit had going! Guess even the greats can have a bad
day now and then!

All in all though, it has to be said that Lockhart-Luling is the epicenter
of great Texas Barbecue.

You should give Mueller's and Sam's a try. Both made the Texas Monthly Top
50 last year, and each has some great atmosphere in addition to the cooking!

Best,
George