Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Best method for re-heating ribs ?

What is the best method of reheating ribs?

thanks,

Matt

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Matt wrote:

> What is the best method of reheating ribs?
>
> thanks,
>
> Matt

Reheating as in "from the refrigerator" would be in the oven wrapped in
foil. Defrost / reheat as in "from the freezer" would be boil in the
foodsave vac bag they were frozen in.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Pete C." > wrote in message
ster.com...

> Matt wrote:
>>
>> What is the best method of reheating ribs?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Matt

> Reheating as in "from the refrigerator" would be in the oven wrapped in
> foil. Defrost / reheat as in "from the freezer" would be boil in the
> foodsave vac bag they were frozen in.

Thank you!

A method of re-heating ribs from the fridge is what I was looking for. So I
will try out the foil/oven method. Any particular temp/time I should be
aiming for?

Never thought about boiling in a food saver bag. That is how I re-heat
pulled pork from the freezer, but it never occured to me to use the same
method on ribs. duh!

again, thank you!

Matt

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Matt wrote:

> "Pete C." > wrote in message
> ster.com...
> >
> > Matt wrote:
> >>
> >> What is the best method of reheating ribs?
> >>
> >> thanks,
> >>
> >> Matt

> > Reheating as in "from the refrigerator" would be in the oven wrapped in
> > foil. Defrost / reheat as in "from the freezer" would be boil in the
> > foodsave vac bag they were frozen in.

> Thank you!
>
> A method of re-heating ribs from the fridge is what I was looking for. So I
> will try out the foil/oven method. Any particular temp/time I should be
> aiming for?

Nothing in particular for time/temp, just low enough temp that you don't
start to re-cook the outside before the inside is up to temp. Perhaps
~200 degrees for 15min as a starting point.

> Never thought about boiling in a food saver bag. That is how I re-heat
> pulled pork from the freezer, but it never occured to me to use the same
> method on ribs. duh!

It also works for brisket. I vac bag 4 or 5 slices of brisket, fanned
out to provide more surface area / less thickness and they boil in bag
well too.

> again, thank you!
>
> Matt

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Matt wrote:
> "Pete C." > wrote in message
> ster.com...
>> Matt wrote:
>>> What is the best method of reheating ribs?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>>
>>> Matt

>> Reheating as in "from the refrigerator" would be in the oven wrapped in
>> foil. Defrost / reheat as in "from the freezer" would be boil in the
>> foodsave vac bag they were frozen in.

> Thank you!
>
> A method of re-heating ribs from the fridge is what I was looking for. So I
> will try out the foil/oven method. Any particular temp/time I should be
> aiming for?
>
> Never thought about boiling in a food saver bag. That is how I re-heat
> pulled pork from the freezer, but it never occured to me to use the same
> method on ribs. duh!
>
> again, thank you!
>
> Matt

I'd remove from fridge. Vac. seal them as should have been done in the
first place. ;-) and then re-heat on slightly boiling water - the only
way...

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 24-Mar-2009, "Pete C." > wrote:

> Matt wrote:
> >
> > What is the best method of reheating ribs?
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Matt

> Reheating as in "from the refrigerator" would be in the oven wrapped in
> foil. Defrost / reheat as in "from the freezer" would be boil in the
> foodsave vac bag they were frozen in.

What Pete said! And I've reheated a lot of 'Q'. If it's never been
frozen, then foil wrapped in a moderate oven is a good way to go. I'd
go for 275° to 325°F and take them off as soon as they're hot enough
to suit you. I wouldn't bother to vac pack and then boil as the result
is essentially the same. ( I have reheated unfrozen ribs in foil and I have
reheated frozen ribs in vac pack. They are essentially the same at the
table). We had brisket last week from frozen vac pack. Unlike others
I freeze brisket one half inch slab to a bag (6" X 8", 3 Mil bag). I
thaw by placing in a pot with cold water and bringing to a boil. As
soon as the bag begins to expand, I take it off and call it ready.)

If you're serving friends, a decent bar will virtually insulate you from
any evil feedback about your 'Q'.

--
Brick(Red meat is not bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Calvin > wrote:

> I'd remove from fridge. Vac. seal them as should have been done in the
> first place. ;-) and then re-heat on slightly boiling water - the only
> way...

I reheat ribs, wrapped tightly in foil, in the toaster oven at about
275F and they come out just fine. I can't see any advantage (only
disadvantages) over vac-sealing them just to reheat them.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> Steve Calvin > wrote:
>
>> I'd remove from fridge. Vac. seal them as should have been done in the
>> first place. ;-) and then re-heat on slightly boiling water - the only
>> way...

> I reheat ribs, wrapped tightly in foil, in the toaster oven at about
> 275F and they come out just fine. I can't see any advantage (only
> disadvantages) over vac-sealing them just to reheat them.
>
> -sw

Like you, just trying to start a new breed of arguments. ;-)

I don't any advantage to v. sealing honestly unless they're going to be
frozen. Then I'll honestly say that v. sealing is really the best way to
go.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Calvin > wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>> Steve Calvin > wrote:
>>
>>> I'd remove from fridge. Vac. seal them as should have been done in the
>>> first place. ;-) and then re-heat on slightly boiling water - the only
>>> way...

>> I reheat ribs, wrapped tightly in foil, in the toaster oven at about
>> 275F and they come out just fine. I can't see any advantage (only
>> disadvantages) over vac-sealing them just to reheat them.

> Like you, just trying to start a new breed of arguments. ;-)
>
> I don't any advantage to v. sealing honestly unless they're going to be
> frozen. Then I'll honestly say that v. sealing is really the best way to
> go.

Anything but the microwave, even on low power just to warm them.
Microwaves to weird things to any smoked meat.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 24-Mar-2009, Sqwertz > wrote:

> Steve Calvin > wrote:
>
> > I'd remove from fridge. Vac. seal them as should have been done in the
> > first place. ;-) and then re-heat on slightly boiling water - the
> > only
> > way...

> I reheat ribs, wrapped tightly in foil, in the toaster oven at about
> 275F and they come out just fine. I can't see any advantage (only
> disadvantages) over vac-sealing them just to reheat them.
>
> -sw

I can't argue with that Sqwertz. I posted pretty much the same thing
here someplace. I haven't seen it yet though.

--
Brick(Red meat is not bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 24-Mar-2009, Sqwertz > wrote:

> Steve Calvin > wrote:
>
> > Sqwertz wrote:

> >> I reheat ribs, wrapped tightly in foil, in the toaster oven at about
> >> 275F and they come out just fine. I can't see any advantage (only
> >> disadvantages) over vac-sealing them just to reheat them.

> > Like you, just trying to start a new breed of arguments. ;-)
> >
> > I don't any advantage to v. sealing honestly unless they're going to be
> >
> > frozen. Then I'll honestly say that v. sealing is really the best way
> > go.

> Anything but the microwave, even on low power just to warm them.
> Microwaves to weird things to any smoked meat.
>
> -sw

Ditto what Steve said, but I confess that I do it sometimes anyhow.
I've been known to use some sauce to control the drying effect
from the microwave. I will not defend the method.

--
Brick(Red meat is not bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Brick" > wrote in message
ster.com...

> On 24-Mar-2009, "Pete C." > wrote:
>
>> Matt wrote:
>> >
>> > What is the best method of reheating ribs?
>> >
>> > thanks,
>> >
>> > Matt

>> Reheating as in "from the refrigerator" would be in the oven wrapped in
>> foil. Defrost / reheat as in "from the freezer" would be boil in the
>> foodsave vac bag they were frozen in.

> What Pete said! And I've reheated a lot of 'Q'. If it's never been
> frozen, then foil wrapped in a moderate oven is a good way to go. I'd
> go for 275° to 325°F and take them off as soon as they're hot enough
> to suit you. I wouldn't bother to vac pack and then boil as the result
> is essentially the same. ( I have reheated unfrozen ribs in foil and I have
> reheated frozen ribs in vac pack. They are essentially the same at the
> table). We had brisket last week from frozen vac pack. Unlike others
> I freeze brisket one half inch slab to a bag (6" X 8", 3 Mil bag). I
> thaw by placing in a pot with cold water and bringing to a boil. As
> soon as the bag begins to expand, I take it off and call it ready.)
>
> If you're serving friends, a decent bar will virtually insulate you from
> any evil feedback about your 'Q'.
>
> --
> Brick(Red meat is not bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.)

We never have leftovers from ribs!!!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Skindog wrote:
> We never have leftovers from ribs!!!

If that's truly the case, then I suggest that you aren't making enough.

If there are no leftovers of any dinner, chances are that someone wanted
more.

Absolutely no way anyone's leaving a meal I made wanting more to eat.

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Apr 5, 11:44*am, Steve Calvin > wrote:
> Skindog wrote:
> > We never have leftovers from ribs!!!

> If that's truly the case, then I suggest that you aren't making enough.
>
> If there are no leftovers of any dinner, chances are that someone wanted
> more.
>
> Absolutely no way anyone's leaving a meal I made wanting more to eat.
>
> --
> Steve

Heh, yep!

Anyone ever had sweet ribs using the following or a similar method A Moose in Love General Cooking 3 31-05-2012 12:14 AM
What exactly is *pre*heating? Davlo General Cooking 47 11-04-2007 07:25 PM
Oven over heating [email protected] General Cooking 18 21-01-2007 01:16 PM
Heating Oil Beach Runner Vegan 5 07-08-2005 07:27 PM
uneven heating... tai fu General Cooking 3 27-10-2003 01:16 PM